Six-Year-Old JRPG Beats Assassin's Creed Unity in Steam Charts

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
what question? so far youve been only complaining about PC not getting the JRPGs YOU want, you have provided no reasonable argument agaisnt the number of JRPGs released on the platform or its quality
??? Did you just not read my post?

"Except only 1 of those is "new" so try again... though something is worth noting regarding RTSs...they are essentially possible on consoles and have been for some time. At least on the Playstation (and Wii U if they make good use of the pad I suppose), no idea on Xbox however. The reason why I say that is the exception of exceptions Unreal Tournament 3 which on the PS3 allowed keyboard and mouse usage in gameplay, and had mods (K+M isn't a complete oddity as games as far back as Age of empires 2 on PS2 had support, but the mod thing is very much so). I remember hearing somewhere I think related to Final Fantasy XIV that Sony said the devs simply had to support keyboard and mouse for it to be able to be used... so on that bombshell why aren't all the RTS, MMO, and so forth makers all not putting their games on consoles? Answer that one for me, its very comparable".

NuclearKangaroo said:
im just saying, put your money where your mouth is, accept my challenge, if PC keeps getting more JRPGs you will shut up about PC not being a viable platform for JRPGs, and if the opposite happens, i will shut up about PC being a viable platform for JRPGs
Your challenge? I actually said that first so surely it'd be mine.

NuclearKangaroo said:
if you dont accept, i guess it just shows not even you believe what you are saying
When has there ever been any indication I'm not confident?

NuclearKangaroo said:
FF3
FF4
FF13
FF13-2
HMH2
LOH: TITS
VC
DS2

8 titles total, if next year the same amount or more JRPGs are released, then im proven right, if PC cant keep this pace, im proven wrong, are those simple rules fine for you?
DS2? I suppose we both forgot that until now...though it gets all blurry if we're going to include that. I mean I didn't include the likes of Drakengard 3 or Akiba's trip as they aren't all that "traditional"...and if we include those sorts than oh boy does the list get much bigger... but I'll not go through the list business again as I really don't need to, my point is clear as is.

So you are going to weasel out of it than. Lighting returns is 2015, and no doubt Square Enix will do something like re-release Final Fantasy 1 & 2 for the millionth time on everything too (they'll re-release something as they can't make an actual good FF anymore). Mind Zero will likely be 2015 too so that is like half your number right there...so no the rules will not work like that, I'm wise to your little trap and it will not work on me.

Now that your pit is dodged I'll present the actual regulations. PC must have a 2015 release of games such as Atelier, Disgaea, Harvest Moon basically releases by the "workhorses" of the JRPG genre who stay true to it. We're talking Idea Factory, Compile Heart, Gust, Nippon Ichi, and the like. You can muster 8 of those titles next year and I'll concede simple as.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Why is it people are always surprised by this?

A new game isn't inherently better than an older one.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
what question? so far youve been only complaining about PC not getting the JRPGs YOU want, you have provided no reasonable argument agaisnt the number of JRPGs released on the platform or its quality
??? Did you just not read my post?

"Except only 1 of those is "new" so try again... though something is worth noting regarding RTSs...they are essentially possible on consoles and have been for some time. At least on the Playstation (and Wii U if they make good use of the pad I suppose), no idea on Xbox however. The reason why I say that is the exception of exceptions Unreal Tournament 3 which on the PS3 allowed keyboard and mouse usage in gameplay, and had mods (K+M isn't a complete oddity as games as far back as Age of empires 2 on PS2 had support, but the mod thing is very much so). I remember hearing somewhere I think related to Final Fantasy XIV that Sony said the devs simply had to support keyboard and mouse for it to be able to be used... so on that bombshell why aren't all the RTS, MMO, and so forth makers all not putting their games on consoles? Answer that one for me, its very comparable".

NuclearKangaroo said:
im just saying, put your money where your mouth is, accept my challenge, if PC keeps getting more JRPGs you will shut up about PC not being a viable platform for JRPGs, and if the opposite happens, i will shut up about PC being a viable platform for JRPGs
Your challenge? I actually said that first so surely it'd be mine.

NuclearKangaroo said:
if you dont accept, i guess it just shows not even you believe what you are saying
When has there ever been any indication I'm not confident?

NuclearKangaroo said:
FF3
FF4
FF13
FF13-2
HMH2
LOH: TITS
VC
DS2

8 titles total, if next year the same amount or more JRPGs are released, then im proven right, if PC cant keep this pace, im proven wrong, are those simple rules fine for you?
DS2? I suppose we both forgot that until now...though it gets all blurry if we're going to include that. I mean I didn't include the likes of Drakengard 3 or Akiba's trip as they aren't all that "traditional"...and if we include those sorts than oh boy does the list get much bigger... but I'll not go through the list business again as I really don't need to, my point is clear as is.

So you are going to weasel out of it than. Lighting returns is 2015, and no doubt Square Enix will do something like re-release Final Fantasy 1 & 2 for the millionth time on everything too (they'll re-release something as they can't make an actual good FF anymore). Mind Zero will likely be 2015 too so that is like half your number right there...so no the rules will not work like that, I'm wise to your little trap and it will not work on me.

Now that your pit is dodged I'll present the actual regulations. PC must have a 2015 release of games such as Atelier, Disgaea, Harvest Moon basically releases by the "workhorses" of the JRPG genre who stay true to it. We're talking Idea Factory, Compile Heart, Gust, Nippon Ichi, and the like. You can muster 8 of those titles next year and I'll concede simple as.
"Akiba's trip"

oh cool, now you are including EVERYTHING at this point, thats not even an RPG

Rozalia1 said:
so let me get this straight, i dare you to put your money where your mouth is, and you chicken out because EVEN YOU know next year will have just as many if not more JRPGs on PC, do i need to say more? your own behaviour betrays you

Rozalia1 said:
not even the 3DS has 8 titles of those, but hell at this point is very clear you arent willing to hold PC at the same standard as other platforms

alright you wont accept my simple challenge, you werent able to refute the fact PC got a lot of JRPGs released this year, we are done here

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
"Akiba's trip"

oh cool, now you are including EVERYTHING at this point, thats not even an RPG
Well actually I have seen it called an open world RPG, the universe of JRPGs is...a muddled one, not that as you have admitted you would know that. There is all sorts...all sorts...

NuclearKangaroo said:
so let me get this straight, i dare you to put your money where your mouth is, and you chicken out because EVEN YOU know next year will have just as many if not more JRPGs on PC, do i need to say more? your own behaviour betrays you
Except I put that out there first:

Rozalia1 from the past on page 5 said:
Now granted in actuality games from 2014 don't actually matter, we'd have to wait a whole year to see if your assertion is correct.

So you can claim no great challenge, heck as far as anyone knows you got the idea to "issue" such a thing from me. I told you I'm wise to your little trap, you'd have me agree to a challenge where if 8 re-releases of old titles get put on PC that it'd proves all the new titles are now coming to PC because...why wouldn't they? Than when the time comes I either accept, or I refuse and bring up the reasons why you're wrong still... but than the reasons would no longer matter as the presentation of "going back on something agreed" would be held against me. So either way I would lose.

However if I'm "betting" something I make sure its not a rigged game (at least not in my favour) so thus crumbles your plan. Now I won't deceive you I'm playing a rigged game too. The chances of you actually getting a win there is virtually zero, as close as it gets... but I can say that honestly, something you did not afford me.

I'm not cowardly, I'm as brave as can be. Come next year it will be as I said. Lightning returns, perhaps mind zero, some old FF ports, and than one or two (if you're really fortunate) pieces of chaff. In the grand scheme of things it'll mean nothing when it comes to the JRPGs that... connoisseurs if I am most dandy enjoy.

NuclearKangaroo said:
not even the 3DS has 8 titles of those, but hell at this point is very clear you arent willing to hold PC at the same standard as other platforms

alright you wont accept my simple challenge, you werent able to refute the fact PC got a lot of JRPGs released this year, we are done here
Well perhaps you didn't realise but I didn't list everything in its entirety, and Nintendo handhelds have series and original titles supporting them and that will continue.

I really do tire of this storyline you've crafted for your own enjoyment. We have been over this perhaps even literally over a dozen times, how many times must my response be ignored before it breaks through? There was no "refuting" of number being given, those titles exist, they were released...I can't deny their existence. What I have been (and will be further in a year) refuting is your version of events, of the coming days. I really just don't get it, someone who shall we say proudly said they don't follow JRPGs is telling me they know more than me about the state of the genre when the grand majority of titles I put on my list I can say with all certainty you were not even aware existed.

Trust me when I say this. I've had a lot of "feuds" on here with people but for all of those there was some reasoning, their was some purpose to their arguments, that had at least solid enough grounding... yours here regarding JRPGs is very much the oddest. Its not often I'd say the malcontents over at places like PCmasterace would more agree with me (when you cut all the poppycock parroted) over you... but this is all that absurd. Its no surprise this has been the only instance I have been responding to a single person instead of 3-4, says it all really.

Oh and as I must keep in mind sensitivities "malcontents" is not offensive, merely a word for people who are dissatisfied (all the bloody time as its the internet and all) and rebellious (or at least in this case believe themselves to be). However if offence is taken than I am sorry.