Skyrim Bughunt

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Theres a pretty annoying one in the PC version where you can't exit conversations. It's something to do with tabbing out during a talk with any given npc.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Reeves88 said:
My carriage hire doesn't work he just sits there and doesn't move
Do you realise you need to jump into the back of the carriage? Might sort that one out. Or do you mean you just sit there happy as larry in the back of a carriage going sweet nowhere?

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
-Skyrim doesn't like alt tabbing.
-Collision physics when something is at the edge of a pool can be a little wonky. And bodies sometimes twitch.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I have encountered several bugs and considering work is dead right now I suppose I can list them off for you all:

- The Bust of the Gray Fox is bugged and will not stand up straight. If you leave the cell and re-enter it will usually be on the floor somewhere or rolling around in a fire-pit on the floor below where you left it.

- Sneak attacking people while they sit sends their bodies straight down to the core of the planet.

- The "sweep" quests for Vex in the Thieves Guild have weird bugs sometimes where the wrong object model will spawn and/or they won't disappear when looted (though you do have it in your inventory).

- Dragons really hate Winterhold. Don't know if this is a bug.

- Guards apparently know about the secret door to the Thieve's Guild in the Riftin graveyard.

- Horses defy gravity in various ways.

There are probably others I have encountered too. I'll post them when I remember >.>

Xrysthos

Apr 13, 2009
Two small bugs, but nothing game breaking. One was when a bandit masquerading as a guard asked me for a 'road tax', and I told her where to stick it, and she agreed to let me go out of concern for her own safety, but I still lost the 200 gold pieces for some reason. The other was when some guy in Windhelm asked me what I thought about the entire 'Skyrim for Nords' thing, and I replied something along the lines of 'Of course I think Skyrim should be ruled by big strong Nords like me!'. I'm a high elf mage. I figured I was going to get smacked for being a smartass, but the guy told me that I was a narrow minded fool, and that he didn't want to talk to me ever again =/

There is also this thing where some of the Draugr in the dungeons don't come to kill me, but just keep lying in their tombs. I'm not sure if it's intended, because they only come at you if you try to hurt them. Oh, and some guy chopping wood had fire wood stuck to his hands and torso, making him look like a Spriggan, and some goats walking around on the tops of fences, doing the 'location does not compute' violent shaking thing.

In other words, nothing major considering I've been at it for about 40 hours. Playing on the PS3, if that makes a difference.

Would honestly say that Skyrim is one of my all time favourite games at this point.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
This game has had no bugs for me actually, for the most part.

It's froze twice (over the course of 25 hours so not bad at all i think) and a couple wierd moments with npcs.

Seriously i love this game to death!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I briefly turned into a horse:

Sadly, the world only loads as far as my character can see.

Danny91

May 30, 2011
I've killed three dragons that then didnt turn into souls, just lay there as corpses...that was pretty annoying

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
TheBobmus said:
Sober Thal said:
I fast traveled back to the University for whatever reason, and just in front of me was a Dragons skeleton... It wasn't supposed to be there and didn't fit on the slim pathway, so it was doing that 'item doesn't belong here shake' and looked really fucking creepy! Took me a few seconds to realize what it was.

Luckily, I was able to walk through it, or I would have been locked out of the Mage school!
I keep getting dragon skeletons spawning when I fast travel too!
Solitude Bay is filled with them now.
I get that too, when I was defending (Spoiler alert) Whiterun against stormcloaks when suddenly the fleshy corpse of the first dragon that you killed appeared at the front gates of the city, the flesh still on it's body.

That and Lydia is able to enter Breezehome without it being property to you.

gibsonman

Mar 20, 2010
On the first mages guild (or whatever there name is)mission after I finished it, I still Have the unlimited mana for some reason. The best glitch ever........

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
I got catapulted into the air during introduction.... The cart got stuck in the wall, and the horses still pulled it forward and when it unstuck it flung us through the whole Helgen, rendering the game unplayable... the second time the same happened with the other cart full of prisoners :D

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
I noticed only one, but its really annoying.

I can't un-equip whatever spell is in my right hand (M1) in any normal way. I have to equip than un-equip a one handed weapon first and than equip another spell.

It's annoying beyond belief.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
JochemDude said:
I got launched into orbit by a giant.
Thats happened to me as well but apart from that there has been a dragon glitching in and out of existance and water textures disapearing.

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
I've had the same issue with dragon skeletons dropping out of the sky (though it's when I exit a town for me).

I've also noticed that, while my Whiterun house looks pretty good in it's fully upgraded state, the bed is still straw and rags.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Every time I load an area while crouched, the stealth crosshair and the normal crosshair appear together. Sometimes I become encumbered even when I'm under my weight limit too.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
castlewise said:
"-Skyrim doesn't like alt tabbing." (...)
If by the alt tabbing you mean an inability to get back into the game afterwards, getting only a black screen with an window edge, this might help:

-Alt-Tab out of the game
-Do whatever you wanted to do outside the game (music, email, whatever)
-Activate the game again (Alt-tab, icon in taskbar etc)
-If you get a black screen then:
-Alt-Tab to desktop again
-Click on the game screen that should still fill the screen

That's how I get alt-tabbing to work in skyrim. Don't know if it applies to you as well though.

Steel_crab

Nov 1, 2009
Dragon skull randomly poking out of a wall. (Not to mention the way they dance for a bit after the game re-loads them)

Dragon spiralling into the ground and then popping out right next to me.

Bucket that I dropped whilst looking at an NPC becoming permanently lodged in his neck.

A wolf that I found viciously attacking a tree.

And a Hagraven asking me if I want to consumate our love. YES I KNOW THIS IS PART OF A QUEST. IT PUT ME OFF MY DAMN LUNCH.

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
John the Gamer said:
castlewise said:
"-Skyrim doesn't like alt tabbing." (...)
If by the alt tabbing you mean an inability to get back into the game afterwards, getting only a black screen with an window edge, this might help:

-Alt-Tab out of the game
-Do whatever you wanted to do outside the game (music, email, whatever)
-Activate the game again (Alt-tab, icon in taskbar etc)
-If you get a black screen then:
-Alt-Tab to desktop again
-Click on the game screen that should still fill the screen

That's how I get alt-tabbing to work in skyrim. Don't know if it applies to you as well though.
Also, alt+tab out, do what you need to do, click the game icon on the taskbar (here you get the black screen with window edge), ctrl+alt+del and then hit escape.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
in the very beginning on medium video settings, the guy who kicks the prisoner to the chopping block pathed a little too close when he walked over to him, so he kind of "conveyor belted" to the side and around behind him. very bad for something at the very beginning....