Skyrim Child Killing Mod

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
urprobablyright said:
Yes I read the whole thing...

You take your life waaay too seriously. Chill out, kk? There isn't going to be some kind of apocalypse or catastrophe if children can be killed in games.

While on the subject, what makes killing children sooo much worse than adults? I mean, a child is basically a weak, unarmed human in Skyrim. So any time you kill a low level being in Skyrim you are pretty much killing a child.

Just a thought, don;t take it like I'm attacking you or anything.

If I'm attacking anything, it's an idea not a person.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
People I understand if your man (a little reasonable but still) this mod isn't just so you kill kids as some people have pointed out but also so kids actually die from reasonable things. Like say a kid got jumped by wolves in a rpg it makes sense if said kid dies. It's sad yes but it good actually bring a good amount of immersion qnd lessons. Nothing ruins immersion more like somebody said before than a drqgon torching a town and the kids but the kids are perfectly fine heck even surviving when all there supplies are gone.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Spencer Petersen said:
Hammeroj said:
I second the "about damn time" motion, I just wish Bethesda moved on past that dumb-ass weaksauce stance on children. It's so pathetic, dead children literally don't exist in their games, even when they're supposed to. For instance, there is some lighthouse, where, reading the journals, you find out that a family of 4 was killed. You see the mom dead, you see the dad dead, children? Not a fucking hint of 'em.

I mean come on, man, don't have it in then, for fuck's sake, if you're that concerned about what a dumbass reporter on Fox could say.
Not everything a developer does is done because of the reaction they want to incite/avoid. People have the right to control what is and isn't included in their product, and Bethesda has made it clear that they don't want to devote resources to allow sick people to enact personal fantasies of infanticide. Its the same reason why I wouldn't expect them to include a feature that lets you rape woman and mutilate bodies. Its simply a moral black hole that the game would rather tactfully avoid rather than try to shatter the narrative tone for the sociopath market.

I don't want Elder Scrolls trying to ram hardcore dark fantasy down my throat like every pretentious RPG today, I want the game to be fun, and if people can't have fun without seeing dead children then I simply have no words for them.

Besides the point, if you just really cant get off without seeing dead children then download the mod, Bethesda won't stop you. But don't try to say that you are somehow entitled to your right to kill kids in a videogame. The only way I could see it tastefully handled is if it was similar to the original Fallouts, where killing a child resulted with all NPCs in the area turning hostile, an instant demotion to the special lowest karma rating, most quest givers/merchants refusing to talk to you and occasionally groups of bounty hunters attack, really just a non-standard gameover.

But in fallout 3 you could mutilate bodies, you could chop of their limbs and their head and you could even pick em up and flail em around. You could actually pick up individual limbs while still attached to their bodies, sort of "posing" the corpse in pretty much any way you'd like. I think that's much "sicker" than having NPCs all be equal under the laws of hitboxes and hitpoints.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
I tend to ignore the kids in these games, but I don't necessarily begrudge anyone the desire to kill them all. They're just scripted entities that play a few voice lines and let you do some mini games, that happen to resemble kids. It's not like they can ever actually grow up to lead long fulfilling lives any more than any of the other characters can grow old. They might as well just be dwarves without the rampant alcoholism and beards. Which is to say a poor metaphor.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I don't think a child-killing mod is necessary at all, although isn't that what modding is *for*? Why are people bitching about it not being included in the game when that gives them an excuse to make mods?

Seriously, why kill the kids? Sure, they're annoying as heck,and I wish that Bethesda could have included more children who aren't total little shits, but that's no reason to kill them. Much more satisfying would be if there was some sort of dialogue system for pointing out to them that it isn't a good idea to antagonise people with giant swords and hands of flaming magical destruction. Then if they still mouth off at you you could take a pretend swing at them, and they could run off in genuine fear, and maybe avoid you for the rest of the game. It would make things much quieter, and be more realistic and less uncomfortably psychotic than killing them.

Then again, I guess if you're playing an inherently evil character....

Well, All I'm saying is that for those of us who aren't playing homicidal maniacs, it'd still be nice to be able to tell the obnoxious kids where to get off, without going true evil and killing them.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
This is exactly why mods exist - to change things that certain people want changed, but are not central to the design concept or most people would not be comfortable with.

But suggesting that this is some unreasonable oversight by Bethesda or that this design decision was a mistake because you want to murder children in a videogame is, ironically, pretty childish.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
What does it say about your mental health that you want to kill children in a videogame?
Would you do it in real life? No. The other day, around 2am at Jack in the Box some 14 year old fuck was giving me and my buddies shit. For a solid hour. We're adults, early to mid twenties. No one was there to help him and even the workers expressed the desire to throw him out on his ass.
He did not leave until I threatened him with a knife. Would I have seriously hurt him? Not with the knife, but it got my point across.
So you know what I do in Skyrim? Ignore the shits.

Who cares if you could do it in earlier games? Who cares if the community wants it? IT'S.FUCKED.UP. And you're fucked up for wanting it so bad. Get help, and stay the fuck out of my neighborhood because if I saw you I would think of the kids next door and run your ass over without thinking twice.

Next time you're on a date/talking with your significant other, tell her about how good it makes you feel to kill kids in a video game, see how it goes.
Ignoring the fact that 99% of your argument is "it's wrong because I say it's wrong," in real life, since Skyrim is a role-playing game, the little shits would get slapped very fucking hard and would stop being whiny pricks.

You wouldn't get a little girl going around saying "I'll fight anyone, I'm not afraid of you." She'd get bitchslapped. Of course, killing her would be cool or whatever, but I'd get far more satisfaction from teaching her to shut the fuck up. With my fist.

It's not that there are kids that's the problem. It's that Bethesda makes them immortal AND the most annoying characters, period. Either leave them out or quiet them up, lest we find...other methods of removing this particular "problem." With our peni- I mean swords.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
urprobablyright said:
jawakiller said:
You take your life waaay too seriously. Chill out, kk? There isn't going to be some kind of apocalypse or catastrophe if children can be killed in games.
Oh yawn. This is the refuge of the damned. When all else fails, tell the guy to "chillll brah, take a chill pill, go sit in a fridge dude lol ya dig? tchyeah! Stop and smell the colombian brohanasaurus"

Seriously though, thanks for the peaceful ending to our little exchange, props, go and be at peace.
Totally didn't answer my question. If you don't have an answer, don't act like you're the "mature" one. Falling back on categorizing an attack then filing it under used is a lame defense. :p

Answer my question, what makes it morally wrong to kill a child in Skyrim?

Dr.Helios

Mar 31, 2010
Wow, I am all of a sudden really disappointed in this community as well as the modding community, why on earth would you want to kill kids.

People say they are annoying and antagonistic, of course they are they're kids and kids are annoying, does that justify their death? I bet everyone who has commented so far bemoaning the lack of infanticide in this game was immensely more annoying than any kid in Skyrim.

If its an issue of immersion just remove them from the world with a console. To be honest I think there needs to be some kind of database list with the names of anyone who downloads this mod because to be quite frank it's sickening.

And before anyone says "oh it's just a game" you know some idiot is going to take it too far and take an axe to a real kid and Gaming will get blamed, because of this mod and its ilk.

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
The problem I had with not killing children in Fallout 3 was that after clearing out Dave's town the little twerps were running around screaming and counted as enemies. Which means I couldn't fast travel because there were invincible enemies running around.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
justnotcricket said:
I don't think a child-killing mod is necessary at all, although isn't that what modding is *for*? Why are people bitching about it not being included in the game when that gives them an excuse to make mods?

Seriously, why kill the kids? Sure, they're annoying as heck,and I wish that Bethesda could have included more children who aren't total little shits, but that's no reason to kill them. Much more satisfying would be if there was some sort of dialogue system for pointing out to them that it isn't a good idea to antagonise people with giant swords and hands of flaming magical destruction. Then if they still mouth off at you you could take a pretend swing at them, and they could run off in genuine fear, and maybe avoid you for the rest of the game. It would make things much quieter, and be more realistic and less uncomfortably psychotic than killing them.

Then again, I guess if you're playing an inherently evil character....

Well, All I'm saying is that for those of us who aren't playing homicidal maniacs, it'd still be nice to be able to tell the obnoxious kids where to get off, without going true evil and killing them.
I don't know, traumatizing children for life could be similarly psychotic, like the man that kills pet animals and hangs them in the owners' yards just to get them to scream (hypothetical).

The option to kill should be in for the soul reason that every other living thing is killable or at least harmable.

A good option to keep people from killing them, though, is the option to *****-slap them or get their parents to for being whiny pricks. The fact that every single one (that I've encountered so far) is just as bad as the rest shows that Bethesda is more troll than realism-pusher.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Dr.Helios said:
Wow, I am all of a sudden really disappointed in this community as well as the modding community, why on earth would you want to kill kids.

People say they are annoying and antagonistic, of course they are they're kids and kids are annoying, does that justify their death? I bet everyone who has commented so far bemoaning the lack of infanticide in this game was immensely more annoying than any kid in Skyrim.

If its an issue of immersion just remove them from the world with a console. To be honest I think there needs to be some kind of database list with the names of anyone who downloads this mod because to be quite frank it's sickening.

And before anyone says "oh it's just a game" you know some idiot is going to take it too far and take an axe to a real kid and Gaming will get blamed, because of this mod and its ilk.
Here's the problem with this idea; there's multiple way worse things people are currently doing already. You can either make 4000 lists and turn everyone into a suspect or you could realize that no matter how manly lists some bad things will happen anyways, so we should at least preserve our freedoms.

The problem with this country is that people honestly believe that if enough lists/rules/laws were made then it is actually possible to prevent any bad thing, ever.

It is simply not the case.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Dr.Helios said:

Dr. Helios, you call yourself? I see a couple of the letters of Jack Thompson's name...I truly have a hard time believing that someone could be so...opposed to free thought and simultaneously so convinced that gamers imitate crimes they see in games on a whim. Were that the case, where is the massive rise in hooker, or indeed general, adult murder from all of these "murder simulators"? Adding the killing of children to this both for immersion and for the option of satisfaction from this annoying brats is not indicative of mental problems. Hell, actively seeking out and killing them is no more indicative of problems than any other violent game or role-playing game in existence.

Rhatar Khurin

Aug 14, 2008
you can kill children in world of warcraft and have been able to for many years. I don't see why Skyrim is getting all the stick for it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
urprobablyright said:
As an answer to this, the game is meant to incorporate adult conflict, both with humans and non-humans, and that is one of the things I play TES games for. It's not meant to incorporate child abuse, and it shouldn't.
Really? 'cos I thought it was meant to incorporate freedom. That seemed to be a major selling point, both inside the game mechanics themselves (wide open world to explore, do whatever you like, screw the main quest if you don't want to do it) and with the modding scene which Bethesda has been all too happy to support since Morrowind if not earlier (I never played Daggerfall or Arena, I honestly couldn't say).

I resent your implication that because I want freedom and verisimilitude in my TES experience that I have a deep seated desire to kill children. I don't even want to kill adults in real life. In fact I'm deeply against the death penalty for criminals, no matter how reprehensible their crime. So what now? I want the freedom for children to die - not even for me to kill them, just that they should be able to die - and my positions on death and murder in real life are quite steadfast in being against such things.

urprobablyright said:
If you're on the 'I just want a realistic representation' bandwagon then I still think you should not want the chance to kill kids. If you want realism you shouldn't be walking around with fire balls, killing giant spiders, or instantly healing a percentage of your hitpoints by consuming a plant or combination of plants you picked up off the ground, or imbibing a red fluid. Maybe you should just imagine that in this world, kids reign supreme as a silent mass of influential, omnicient beings.
Asking for a universe to be 'realistic' (in so much that they mean 'internally consistent') is not the same as asking for it to reflect our reality. That shit's got to make sense within the boundaries of that universe. It needs to, from the perspective of the character, not the player, be realistic. Otherwise our suspension of disbelief is broken and our immersion is crushed.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's utterly ridiculous to watch a dragon flap to the ground, incinerate the townsfolk around it only for one child to stand up 30 seconds later entirely untouched.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
It's true that it sucks that modders must fix a game that was released as broken, but not being able to kill kids isn't broken. Try all the bugs, freezing, and other shit that needs to be fixed, and be grateful that you're not playing on PS3, which has the same problem that Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas has with no ability for modders to fix it themselves. Despite what Bethesda says, they didn't fix it in either of those two games, and I highly doubt that they plan to fix it in Skyrim either.

So quit crying so much that you have to mod the ability to kill kids, and be glad you can fix real problems with the game instead of being stuck on a console waiting for Bethesda to release a patch that will never come.