Skyrim Child Killing Mod

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
So where is the mod where you can give those little twats a medieval bottom spanking? So everytime they see you they run away in fear while rubbing their still reddened behind. Would be much more fun...

Oh and why we are at it, you could replace all the miners with children because that's their original place back when we had child labour.

Well okay, the game isn't there to depict any form of realism so the second option isn't really that important. But the double moral standards surfacing here are shamefully revulsing to me.
You can't possibly agree to allow mass murder, support of racism, theft and soul-raping (Considering the whole spiritual degree of binding soul-essences into your nightwear) while frowning upon child murder...

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Anyone remember games like Deus Ex and Fallout when they didn't have limits on this? In Deus Ex the kids turned in to gibs so they didn't really spend time on it but on the original fallouts, the game was isometric so they had to animate the character's death animations, meaning someone had to make death animations specific for the children characters.

I don't like censorship but I would rather they do this than censor other things. None of these games make the children enemies so killing them is under your own will and there is no benefit to doing so. I'm glad the mod community can still make patches like this, I have a feeling with the constant debate that eventually mod communities will have to become more secretive if their mods violate the ESRB rules.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jesus...I didn't think there'd be this many people looking down on us from their pedestals, ready to judge us all as mentally unstable and psychotic for not having problems with killing children in VIDEO GAMES.

It's almost as if the "GAMES ARE EVIL!!!11!" crowd has infiltrated our forums....o_O

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
What does it say about your mental health that you want to kill children in a videogame?
Would you do it in real life? No. The other day, around 2am at Jack in the Box some 14 year old fuck was giving me and my buddies shit. For a solid hour. We're adults, early to mid twenties. No one was there to help him and even the workers expressed the desire to throw him out on his ass.
He did not leave until I threatened him with a knife. Would I have seriously hurt him? Not with the knife, but it got my point across.
So you know what I do in Skyrim? Ignore the shits.

Who cares if you could do it in earlier games? Who cares if the community wants it? IT'S.FUCKED.UP. And you're fucked up for wanting it so bad. Get help, and stay the fuck out of my neighborhood because if I saw you I would think of the kids next door and run your ass over without thinking twice.

Next time you're on a date/talking with your significant other, tell her about how good it makes you feel to kill kids in a video game, see how it goes.
i can barely hear you from the top of your high horse. whats the difference between murdering pretend adults and pretend children? besides, its not like skyrim is the most graphic game in the world. your not going to get to see every pixelated organ in their bodies.

what annoys me is the immaturity thats shown in these games. its perfectly fine to murder innocent passersby, blow up cities in fallout 3, inject yourself with drugs also in fallout 3, but naming the drugs actual drugs? no way, that'd be offensive. (if you don't know what i'm talking about med-x was originally to be called morphine, as its still named in the game files) killing children? that would be obscene!
its like a 13 year old trying to write some sort of violent novel, but omitting anything that would get him in trouble with the teacher. is it particularly a big deal? no, i don't think so. but it really stops me from taking bethesda seriously when they can't approach subject matter with some kind of degree of maturity.

going back to the fallouts, they go as far to implying horrible experiments that mutilate people and turn them into horrific monsters, 90% of the world dying in atomic fire, slaves, but depicting kids dying is going to far? fuck that.

Aug 1, 2010
Why is this the first time they have noticed this type of mod...

OT: Good! I don't even care about killing the kids personally. I just get sick of watching a dragon attack a town, it torches everyone in sight and a lone kid walks out of the inferno and starts bitching about being bullied.

To be honest, I thought the kids were FAR less annoying in this game. The Dark Brotherhood initiation was awesome. Just walking into the house and seeing a ten year old doing a satanic ritual over the a human skeleton with a heart in it.

My favorite moment so far also came from a kid. When you have JUST killed Grela The Kind and all the kids run over and cheer over her mangled corpse. And then it ends with the one little girl saying "Kill one person and you can solve SO many problems!"

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
chadachada123 said:
Phasmal said:
I dont see why people are whinging so much about not being able to kill kids.
There are so many other immersion-breaking things in the game, so I dont buy that as a valid argument.

As for the people saying `it's fun`, if I asked you what you did for fun and you replied `I kill kids in video games`, how exactly would that make you look?
Its funny, the people who complain you can't kill whiny kids are probably themselves whiny kids who cant take being sassed by a game.
...Like you've never killed off people in the Sims in depraved and horrible ways just for shits and giggles, just because you thought it was "fun." It'd be a shame if you ever did anything in that same vein (wanton destruction of a video game world because it's fun), because you'd seem REALLY hypocritical right now...

You would do well to not through ad hominem attacks around too. You're stating that (probably) anyone that complains about a large disconnect from immersion, or the opposition to Bethesda's own wish to give "freedom" to the player and instead not giving them freedom, are merely "whiny kids." This is completely inappropriate. While surely some modders would fit the "12 year old that loves killing everything" trope, I would think that the vast majority of people just like having options in their game, or at least like having realism in respect to children. Or would like to kill the kids once or twice for satisfaction before leaving them alone. Since the kids are annoying as hell.
I dont kill children in the Sims. I dont really kill adults, unless they are too stupid for their own good (like this one guy who kept ignoring his baby and leaving it on the floor all the time, dammit). But I guess thats true, I've destroyed things, just not kid things.
And I wasn't attacking anyone, I was just stating that- I've seen some people complaining (I think it was on Kotaku) that it kills immersion not to be able to kill children.

You're right, maybe people should have the option, but I dont see it as a huge deal. I dunno, I've spent a lot of time working with kids so killing kids in a video game just seems unsettling to me.
Maybe I am just a bleeding heart :p

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
It is about fucking time.

That little asshole Dorthe sent mercenaries after me. A child hired a band of mercenaries to hunt me down. So help me God if I ever see that little shit again...

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Isn't that nice, some one finally thought of the children.
i loled at that

OT: good, if i ever get the money to get the game I'm a get this mod (as well as others) as i have at least one character in mind that is an irredeemable homicidal psycho path

Mar 26, 2008
GreatTeacherCAW said:
What does it say about your mental health that you want to kill children in a videogame?
Would you do it in real life? No. The other day, around 2am at Jack in the Box some 14 year old fuck was giving me and my buddies shit. For a solid hour. We're adults, early to mid twenties. No one was there to help him and even the workers expressed the desire to throw him out on his ass.
He did not leave until I threatened him with a knife. Would I have seriously hurt him? Not with the knife, but it got my point across.

Who cares if you could do it in earlier games? Who cares if the community wants it? IT'S.FUCKED.UP. And you're fucked up for wanting it so bad. Get help, and stay the fuck out of my neighborhood because if I saw you I would think of the kids next door and run your ass over without thinking twice.

Next time you're on a date/talking with your significant other, tell her about how good it makes you feel to kill kids in a video game, see how it goes.
What does it say about your mental health when you want to kill anyone in a video game, children or adults? It says absolutely nothing, because it is a fucking video game. I don't care that you are so hip and cool that you threaten teenagers with a knife (thus catapulting yourself far beyond those who kill kids in a video game), this is an interactive game that takes place in a fantasy world with dragons. And annoying little **** children that need to die. Everything out of their mouths is annoying, and avoiding them is a lot harder than you would expect, so killing them can at least make the experience less painful. Both you and this urprobablyright guy are just focusing on one thing and blowing it way out of proportion. If you make the argument that children shouldn't be killed in video games by the player, you must extend your argument to no one should be killed by the player. At all. Ever. Otherwise it makes no sense.
I disagree. For one, it's not a fair fight, therefore it's not a fair comparison. Killing an unarmed child using a heavily armed adventurer is overkill and unnecessary. Also, there is the issue of rationale. There's a world of difference between killing a bandit who is trying to rob you or take your life versus and a child who is merely being obnoxious. If you doubt this in any way, just look at our legal system. Also, look at our penal system. It is a well known fact that criminals who go to jail for harming children usually meet with disastrous consequences at the hands of the other inmates. There is a different standard - point blank.
Judging by you're comment it indicates that real or not, you would derive some kind of pleasure from killing the kids. While I would never suggest for a second that you would kill one in real life, or that it makes you a bad person, there is a part of your brain that is "turned on" by that. Believe me, I've got Skyrim, I know exactly how annoying those kids are; but I do not for one second entertain the thought of killing them. I don't even kill armed or unarmed civilians because that is how I operated. It doesn't make me better than you; we're just wired differently.

At the end of the day, if people want to create mods to allow this sort of thing I exercise my right to choose to avoid it. If other people want to do it then it's up to them.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
demoman_chaos said:
I always found it odd in Fallout 3 that you would wipe out a town, but those little pricks still hung around. I remember clearing Dave's town out but the 2 kids there still lived. I REALLY wanted to blast the face off that little ***** in Little Lamplight.

Bethesda should at least make them vanish when all adult NPCs die off. You kill them town, leave and come back a few hours later and they are gone.
I know what you mean. That damn big mouthed pip-squeak mayor kid in little Lamplight needed a healthy dose of dead. I wanted to drop a grenade in his pants or at least a shotgun blast to the face.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Davih said:
No one better kill the kid you can play Tig with, Spent about an hour playing Tig with him. He's cool, leave him alone. He's in solitude. Be nice!
Was gonna post this but someone beat me to it.
Easton Dark said:

If anything, it makes tag more believable.

Maybe if the kids weren't such jerks people wouldn't make these as quickly :/
OT: I really don't mind either way. I just want the construction kit to come out!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I disagree. For one, it's not a fair fight, therefore it's not a fair comparison. Killing an unarmed child using a heavily armed adventurer is overkill and unnecessary.
I've not played Skyrim yet (I'm waiting until I get my new PC as my Christmas present to myself), but if it's anything like Oblivion, then soon enough townsfolk (and townsguard for that matter) become little more than gnats against your demi-god like abilities.

At that point, you have to ask "Well why can I kill the unarmed adult (who can't hurt me) but not the unarmed child (who can't hurt me either)?" The power balance argument fails due to the nature of it being an RPG which gives you ever upscaling power while - as far as a I know - townsfolk remain relatively static in ability.

Programmed_For_Damage said:
There's a world of difference between killing a bandit who is trying to rob you or take your life versus and a child who is merely being obnoxious.
Again, murder of 'innocent' (in this case 'innocent' referring to 'have not committed crimes against the player character') adults is allowed, but children are not.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Spencer Petersen said:
Dreiko said:
Spencer Petersen said:
Not everything a developer does is done because of the reaction they want to incite/avoid. People have the right to control what is and isn't included in their product, and Bethesda has made it clear that they don't want to devote resources to allow sick people to enact personal fantasies of infanticide. Its the same reason why I wouldn't expect them to include a feature that lets you rape woman and mutilate bodies. Its simply a moral black hole that the game would rather tactfully avoid rather than try to shatter the narrative tone for the sociopath market.

I don't want Elder Scrolls trying to ram hardcore dark fantasy down my throat like every pretentious RPG today, I want the game to be fun, and if people can't have fun without seeing dead children then I simply have no words for them.

Besides the point, if you just really cant get off without seeing dead children then download the mod, Bethesda won't stop you. But don't try to say that you are somehow entitled to your right to kill kids in a videogame. The only way I could see it tastefully handled is if it was similar to the original Fallouts, where killing a child resulted with all NPCs in the area turning hostile, an instant demotion to the special lowest karma rating, most quest givers/merchants refusing to talk to you and occasionally groups of bounty hunters attack, really just a non-standard gameover.

But in fallout 3 you could mutilate bodies, you could chop of their limbs and their head and you could even pick em up and flail em around. You could actually pick up individual limbs while still attached to their bodies, sort of "posing" the corpse in pretty much any way you'd like. I think that's much "sicker" than having NPCs all be equal under the laws of hitboxes and hitpoints.
Fallout and Elder Scrolls may use the same engine but they have massively different tones.

Fallout is about dirty brutality and ultraviolence, dehumanizing its characters by setting it against the lawless wasteland. Mutilation seems acceptable because its a setting where the laws of man have collapsed, and in the subconscious of its inhabitants the Super-Ego that held us in check vanished along with it, leaving only the Id and Ego to battle it out. This left people either killing and butchering each other for kicks, or willingly cheating and screwing each other over short term gains at the cost of an ultimately self defeating long term fate.

The dehumanizing aspect of decapitation, mutilation and mass murder reinforces the themes of people just being used to that sort of thing occurring, which shows exactly how the people exist in that world. Seeing a person (and yourself by extension) not react particularly shocked to dead bodies or mutilation can tell a great deal about the world they inhabit.

Elder Scrolls is a different breed though. Its all about creating a world where the PC can live another life by setting them in an unbroken fantasy setting and letting them decide their methods, reinforced by the background actions and reactions of townsfolk, guards and other NPCs. Order is still held in Tamriel, and as such people treat death more seriously than in Fallout, calling guards and others for help as well as attempting to avenge murders if given the chance. Murdering an innocent in cold blood is treated as a serious manner, with the reach out by the Dark Brotherhood and the massive implications in terms of fine and/or jail time. Removing the sting of NPC murder would degrade most of the perceived structure the gameworld holds, as well as only remind people just how different this game is from real life.

To do this it has to keep the mutilation to a minimum to reinforce the fact that the actors are people first and things you can fight second. Tamriel operates like a well oiled machine, and when a piece goes missing the difference is much more apparent and memorable even without making their arms pop off like Mr. Potato Head.

What you say doesn't apply to the entire Fallout 3 world though. Maybe if you're talking about raider camps or just the barren wastes...but then again you won't see much love for life in vampire lairs or out in the frozen glacier when in Skyrim either.

I will actually say that since the fallout world is broken is is more fervently clinging to life, it is more affected by death and more prone to punish you for unjustly inflicting it, since it's barely holding on and the more desperate you are the more you fight. There's not even prisons in fallout, you're told that you need to behave or you'll be killed, if you do anything the entire town will come at you just like in skyrim.

Here you have the last remnants of civilization struggling to rebuild the world, they are hardened but not without felling. In Skyrim there are so many NPCs that do close to nothing out there, one or two dying isn't going to do much. If you kill the doctor of a settlement in the wastes though you've pretty much doomed them all. There's fewer living so each life is that much more valuable in fallout, which is what makes death a more serious matter. The fact that there is a lot of it doesn't serve to devalue life, rather, its function is to showcase the direness of the situation and your need for action.

Alex Summers

Nov 23, 2011

Holy mother of god, you threatened a 14 year-old with a knife, yet you ***** at people for wanting to hit a child with a hammer in a vidio game? How much sense can you not make?
Having unkillable NPC's running around ruins the immersion and the roleplay. If my orc wants to go berserk on a town, he will, but not with little billy and timmy being able to walk away unharmed and untraumatised from a scene of me butchering the town's blacksmith and throwing him in the smelter.

Also, my significant other thinks that those children are annoying little cunts, but it would be out of character for her to murder them.

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
Dreiko said:
pumuckl said:
Dreiko said:
But they really don't care about gamers in this aspect and that's the thing that pisses me and most others off, they only really care about their image and other such empty things and that is the whole spectrum of consideration regarding this aspect, matters of immersion or consistency be damned.
welcome to capitalism, *hands common sense tophat and reality monocle* you'll need these.
Oh but that's not a free market effect my friend. Unless you're willing to state that a lot of people wouldn't buy the game if they found out that you could kill kids as well as everyone else, then I may be able to see your point.

They didn't do it cause the game wouldn't do well in a capitalist society, they did it cause other people who are the ones who actually don't want to be in a free market system would cry foul and ***** and moan and bother them tremendously, in effect stifling capitalism and enacting communist thought police practices.

True capitalism is all about supply and demand...and there is no such thing as "negative demand", no matter how much some people may not want something in a game it has absolutely no effect on it actual market power, just because some will cry and moan and go on TV and say a bunch of stupid things they still are just single digits as far as capitalism is concerned, those people will simply not play the game and the rest of them will, that's all.

By making a game rated M Bethesda is already excluding every kid below, say...age 10 or so and those are way more sales than those that would have been lost by including child killing. Why did they do that? Well, cause for immersion and consistency reasons you can't have an E-rated Skyrim, despite the fact that it could sell more. Disregarding wider markets to cater to your trusting fans and followers is not incompatible with capitalism, it is in fact the best way of playing it safe and minimizing risks...and I say that including child killing for consistency and role-playing sake is worth it.

*returns hat and monocle, as his Orcish figure is too large for them*
you're right, but i'm talking about stock holders and such. As a game, you only wanna piss off fox sexily, in a way that doesn't offend the average gamer, but actually draws them in, like allowing hot female nord on elf action for instance, which if you noticed they mention every six minutes that you can be a lesbian. What you dont want to have, is someone labeling your game the child killing simulator, which the media would in a heartbeat.

now, a large share of gamers are in fact under the age of 18, or are over 18 and are still man children so their parents buy them the games. You would be loosing profit if mom just heard on the radio that game is about killing children and dragging their limp body around town with you. if you think kids dont play M games just as much as you do, i'd like to ask what age you played mortal kombat the first time.

Also, you run a risk of losing investors who want to avoid that drama (child killing simulator! sponsored by gerber!). If you have read anything about initial pitching in any media industry, you know that target demographics play a huge role in any final product. and bethesda is in the end a company, not your genie who wants to make your wishes come true. they just accidentally almost did. Plus, they'd have to spend extra development time (probobly not much, but still) and we'd all miss out on lesbian nord sex.

too close this off cuz this is way too ranty for my taste, ask yourself, if video games dont operate like normal business, why do they advertise soo damn heavily? why do they have the most attractive display at every major store? why do they release so many statements and trailers making the game seem like god, when everyone who's already there fan and target core audience knows it'll be more walking through dark dank dungeon then battling dragons from atop a tower. Even rockstar these days wants to appeal to the mass, and add more maturity to their grittiness, and we have to deal with it.

/endrant *exhales deeply* holy sh*t try writing a reasonable rant while ur girl IS SCREAMING IN YOUR EAR

coolman9899

May 20, 2010
urprobablyright said:
Well, in return, I now say:

"If I ever meet you in real life, stay the hell away from my kids, jerkfaces"
You should not want to kill kids. If you've got a problem with those kids, walk away from them. It's a pretty simple bleeding concept that you should have (but probably didn't) learnt in real life. Kind of like on this forum, when trolls tell others:

"If you don't like the content of this post, don't read it"
I know a lot of you might have had trouble with highschool, in which you may have wished you could kill that damn handsome boy who did homework well, played sports and had many friends of the opposite sex, but you didn't do it in real life, and you should be able to get by without doing it in games.

If you're on the 'I just want a realistic representation' bandwagon then I still think you should not want the chance to kill kids. If you want realism you shouldn't be walking around with fire balls, killing giant spiders, or instantly healing a percentage of your hitpoints by consuming a plant or combination of plants you picked up off the ground, or imbibing a red fluid. Maybe you should just imagine that in this world, kids reign supreme as a silent mass of influential, omnicient beings.

EDIT: There turns out to be a third party: People who got pissed off by the mocking kids. "Rise Above" is the first thing to come to mind, but if I ever wanted to get rid of kids I'd want to try do something like using magic to levitate them and deposit them on top of a pillar, or smacking them off map with the DK hammer from super smash bros. Slicing into them with an axe doesn't interest me.

If you're thinking of typing "Yo, urprobablyright, it's a game - has no consequences, should not be a matter of weight", well, I have considered that opinion and am sick of people saying stuff like that to justify games that are just appealing to shock popularity.

There's a term for this in the movie world: "Exploitation movies", moviesSometimes when I complain about immature content in a game trolls say to me:
that are full of ridiculous scenes just for appeal (see: The Human Centipede, A Serbian Film) You guys just want some hideous abandon as far as I concern no reasoning about the fact that it is simulated takes away from the fact that you patronize simulated child abuse.
... Umm okayyyyy, one flaw in your reasoning about the realistic points, In Cyrodrill and Skyrim fireballs and giant spiders are the norm, but I have a feeling that imortal children arnt, and it really ruins the immersion factor when you wipe a town off the map and the beggers are still there assaulting you.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Oh, this is just the beginning. Just imagine the shitstorm when modders decide to involve nudity and sexytime with children.
Easton Dark said:

If anything, it makes tag more believable.

Maybe if the kids weren't such jerks people wouldn't make these as quickly :/
The kid had a soundfile to enact death? Bethesda thought killing children was a good idea then renigged lol!

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009

Holy shit. Up to now these moral highground posts of "if you're thinking about killing virtual kids this is proof of your subsconscious desires to rape/kill kids" have given me a genuine chuckle. That smile has been turned to a horrified gasp.

So let me get this straight.... So let's say you know some dude who installed this mod (for reasons you don't know btw, but you're the one assuming it represents a latent desire for child murder), you'd go out of your way to stigmise that person and prohibit them from entering your neighbourhood and threaten to run them over in a rage of self righteous fury?

You're the only one here needing to see a psychologist buddy (if anyone needs to go that is).
I know there is no way you're serious but is easily most fucked up thing on a psychological level I read in this thread.

Oh also to reply to that guy who did a child pornography comparison with this mod: in real life, child pornography involves actual children, and an actual distribution channel that encourages continual production of these pictures. The people involved contribute to child abuse around the world, and furthermore seeking out these kinda pics tends to imply you have a sexual attraction towards children irl, which marks you out as pedo.

None of this applies to this mod nor has there been sexual motivations expressed by anyone asking for this mod so far, just a desire to kill a group of npcs they deem annoying, who happen to be children in this case. I might have felt a certain dislike for children in some of the posts, but don't really believe the dislike expressed are so strong these are people repressing their child killing urges via videogames.

Oh and for the record: I always play good guys in rpgs so wouldn't kill or even hurt kids any more then I would the adults. That said I would install this mod so as to remove the kids invincibility should a dragon come down and burn the entire village they are in.
See in it some latent freudian desires to kill kids irl if you wish(since installing the mod would be proof of it according to some posts).