Skyrim Fan Takes An Arrow in the Knee

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
So much wrong with it...
First, ugh. Really? The meme is annoying and boring already.
Second, that tattoo looks so bad. Look at the arrow, it's not even close to being straight.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
you know, i havn't heard the guards say it since... the first day playing.

Now they all want me to conjure them a bed or brew them an ale.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Well it is better then mudcrabs. You know I saw a ..

Seriously gotta love Oblivion just for that.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That's a very ugly looking tattoo.

There is one thing I don't understand about this meme. People play Skyrim for hundreds of hours and they can't memorize that it's "in the knee" not "to the knee"? Seriously? There are people in this topic that made that stupid mistake.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I don't know why, but I find it interesting that a woman was the first to do it. It was bound to happen though.

Though I use to think it wouldn't happen, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Squilookle said:
what I want to know is

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED NEWS OF ANY KIND?
You have been here longer than I have. Have you not noticed that The Escapist is a gaming/technology news and entertainment site?

This is called and entertainment news piece. It fits here because it deals with something gaming related and is entertaining because it is funny.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
jonyboy13 said:
Second, that tattoo looks so bad. Look at the arrow, it's not even close to being straight.
It isn't going to look straight, her leg of course curves slightly, so the arrow shaft will look slightly curved.

If you are talking about the line work in general, it is barely noticeable, and I think it is in a sense more realistic, because the shaft of a medieval arrow isn't going to be exactly smooth and perfect.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Haha! You had to give up your dreams and settle for a life of endless drudgery because you were maimed! That's funny.
I'll be honest, it took be a while to stop laughing after reading that line.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Well actually I'm more interested in her other tattoos (She has a lot of bare skin there, where are these tattoos she speaks so fondly of?) and mabye even her face, not her knee and some arrow on it. Other than that it doesn't look remotely close to the artwork of Skyrim, which is a pity really because their artwork is pretty awesome and would provide excellent tattoo material.
What??? No FUS RO DAH Tattoo yet? Shame on you internet!!!

Rayzi

Nov 28, 2011
Guess he wont be adventuring anymore. Other them that... It had to happen eventually.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Tallim said:

Seems to be quite a common "Fantasy" complaint..........

Yeah she probably won't regret the tattoo. Depends on the sort of person she is.
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this meme.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Well at least she won't have to worry about ever commiting to a man(or woman, i don't judge) who has a decent sense of humor ever again.

"Wont'regret it" Sure. Come back and tell me that in 50 years when that arrow's down at your ankel.

Any more remarks i feel i should make... Neh. Nothing beyond the fact that i wish this stupid meme would just shoot both its own knees with crossbow bolts and retire before anyone else takes another step into the ridiculous.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
I actually kinda like that. Considering she has other tattoos, especially refrences, it won't -pun not intended- stick out, and is a decent looking tattoo even if you don't know where it's from.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
The whole 'arrow in the knee' meme was funny once. Once and once only in it's first usage that I read. Ever since, it's just been terrible to read.

Moosejaw

Oct 11, 2010
Fine by me. She could tattoo a giant horrendous portrait of Carrot Top on her ass and I wouldn't call her an idiot, all it matters to in the end is her.

And what's the bigger meme these days? Arrow to the knee, or acting jaded about memes? Just like any other joke, it's going to get worn out when repeatedly abused. Imagine that one friend you have that makes a decent joke, thinks it's hilarious to repeat it but then just goes too far a few too many times and takes just a little too long to realize it. Multiply that by a few million and there we have the Internet. You also have to consider a lot of folks aren't around as often as others, discovered it later than others, so it's all very subjective in the end.