Skyrim: left and rigth hand combinations!

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Just curious as to what people equip to each hand?

Be it shield and sword, spell and spell, two-handed weapon, what do you use?

At the moment im using Wabbajack in the left and Mehrunes Razor int he right (for the sneaking).

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Dual casting spells.
Makes for great devastation!

Or a bound bow.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I dual wield a Fine Skyforge Steel War Axe and a Fine Ebony War Axe. Can't wait to get my hands on another Ebony Axe to start doing some real damage (and for the sake of uniformity).

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
I have Traen's Wrath on my right hand. (I renamed it, it's actually an enchanted Ebony War Axe)
Firebolt (or any given spell) in the left hand.

I also made the mouse keys correspond with the hands correctly.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Wuggy said:
By the time I got around to swapping them over, I started using them the other way -_-
I do it all the time. I'll fail at controls, swap them, then use the old scheme anyway.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Raj find Mehrunes Razor a good fit in right hand, and conjure atronach in other hand good combo.

I put dagger in back of many enemies. They usually die from damage alone. But times come when sneakyness and good looks not enough. So Raj summon Flame or ice demon to take hits while flailing dagger around.

But when time come for real combat, Raj pull out best weapons! Mace of Molag and Dawnbreaker usually kill enemys quick. If not, Raj flee. Maybe drink potion of invisibility to help get away.

Like i do when Wife Mjoll wants Raj to do cooking. Can lounge on couch all day like fat cat and she never find me! Till she sit down of course. Then... much pain! Platemail on large nord woman not so good for back.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Miles000 said:
Wuggy said:
By the time I got around to swapping them over, I started using them the other way -_-
I do it all the time. I'll fail at controls, swap them, then use the old scheme anyway.
Well I guess it's a matter of habit, and perspective. I swapped them right away, but I'm sure if I would've stuck around with the original keys I would've gotten used to that as well. But yeah, I guess the design choice was that the main key (left) corresponds with the "main" hand (right).

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
Dragonbane in the right and Healing or the Elven shield of magic suppression in the left.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
My Rogue: Bow, dual daggers (whichever I have that is best at the time)

Mage: Dual Cast Lighting Bolt / Chain Lightning with impact perk (godmode at the level she is at, being early 20's)

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Right now I'm carrying a Daedric Bow enchanted with Lightning damage and for melee Red Eagle's Bane and Dawnbreaker.

VyseRogueKing

Oct 27, 2011
Currently got a Glass Sword with a Flame enchantmen and and elven shield of blocking until I can get some malachite to forge a glass shield. Which doesn't sound very efficient at blocking things.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
I always go for sword/spell in my right hand, healing spell in my left. Combined with a fully-unlocked Unrelenting Force shout (Fus-Ro-Dah) , it pretty much enables me to handle anything short of 2 bears at once.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Right hand, usually sword (ebony or Dragons bane against dragons). Left hand swaps a lot, between healing spell, ward spell, and destruction spell. And occasionally I conjure up a second sword to go soul trapping. Fighting dragons though, until they land left is ward, right is a ranged spell.
Right, I'm gonna go back to playing Skyrim now.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I use a bow. But when the situation arises, sword in the right and healing spell in the left.

Khazidhea

Oct 23, 2008
Conjured bound sword in right hand; ebonyflesh, conjure Dremora Lord, close wounds, greater ward or an enchanted ebony shield in my left hand.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
bow for those long range attacks, and then run run backwards with a war axe in hand, swinging it frantically