Skyrim Legalizes Gay Marriage

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Kair said:
Why is this an issue?
There's an issue? Who's saying there's an-

*reads rest of thread*

Oh, right. People just get ragey about a completely optional system that they don't even know that much about yet, I guess -.-'
What I was trying to say is, is there any controversy here? Why is there controversy?

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
"Not hush hush, just not making a huge deal out of it. You can marry anyone."
Gains respect from me there, it's not really a big deal, what is just is.

Then again I suppose for some people it is a big deal.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Seventh Actuality said:
Nothin' witty to say. Just...go Bethesda, fuck yeah, this is 100% unambiguously good. In fairness, my hat still goes off to BioWare too for being (I think?) the first, but by following them Bethesda are helping solidify one good step into genuine progress.
I think Lionhead got here first.
Bioware had Juhanni (KotOR), arguably the best written gay character in a video game, well before Lionhead had uncomfortable "Oh Garsh!" sex scenes (Fable). Sorry if this has been pointed out to you already.

On Topic: I'm very excited. This will do marvels for role-playing. ^^

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
omicron1 said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Ah, the ever famous "If two men can marry, what's to stop a man and a dog, or a man and a child?" rhetoric Fox News loves to spew. THERE IS ZERO WRONG WITH TWO CONSENTING ADULTS LOVING ONE ANOTHER. I applaud Obsidian for not breaking down before the people who feel the rights of many people should be oppressed because a book and its imaginary writer said so.
Congratulations on having an opinion. Please don't try to enforce it on others, and don't be surprised when people don't agree with you.

With that said, this is turning heated so I shall depart. G'day, gentlefolk.
So you can't accept that Bethesda may have a different opinion on homosexual relationships (and tout their acceptance as politics), but you can acknowledge that NameIsRobertPaulson has an opinion?
I think someone needs to think before accusing Bethesda of 'politicking' and just accept that Bethesda may very well have a different opinion than you.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
Why does there even need to be marriage in Skyrim to begin with? In Oblivion you were a lone wolf hero. Sure, you could own houses, towers, and kingdoms, but it doesn't make sense to tag along a wife or husband (or now "partner") into keeps to only attract more vampires and undead.
Because not everyone wants to play the lone wolf hero. I'm sure that for those of us who want to be discreet about our throat cutting, skull impaling adventures, the lone wolf path will be perfectly viable. Though, when your character can breathe fire, I don't think any enemy is going to stand a chance.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
So... Lesbian relationships too?
I'm sorry, my inner 13 year old is quite excited about this news.

In all seriousness though, good on Bethesda for having the guts to include gay relationships in the game.
I hope not too much controversy comes their way because of it.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Marriage in an Elder Scrolls game seems out of place. Guess we'll see how it works out.

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
i have consented the oracles and they have told me"thou shall have hot girl on girl action in thy skyrim".who am i to deny the oracles wishs?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Seventh Actuality said:
Nothin' witty to say. Just...go Bethesda, fuck yeah, this is 100% unambiguously good. In fairness, my hat still goes off to BioWare too for being (I think?) the first, but by following them Bethesda are helping solidify one good step into genuine progress.
Indeed for the cap off to BioWare for being the first, but I've had to put it back on in the meantime considering they didn't have the balls to stick with their convictions with SW: TOR (no same sex romance arcs).

So yeah. Go Bethesda :)

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Wifes are costly, especially the "not yours" children they produce. This game will teach that unwedded sex with to many women is not a good thing. Learn or die from the STD consequences, even if a cure is available you won't be able to afford it paying for all those wifes, whores, and bastard children.

LOL JK

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
The more i hear about this game the more I want it. Not that I care about the gay marriage thing, but I do like relationships in my rpgs for the most part.

I hope this is going to be the game that really gets me into Elder Scrolls. I hear a lot about that franchise, but never felt the desire to give it a shot until now.

MajWound

Mar 18, 2009
Here's what I think, not that you guys give a shit:

1) I think it's a good idea for the fun of it.
2) I think it's a bad idea because it doesn't seem to mesh with the environment. Even in our relatively open-minded society, we have to fight tooth and nail to allow gay marriage. I doubt the snow-farming peasants of Skyrim would be even remotely as liberal.
3) Can I or can't I marry across races? I would imagine Nords, Imperials, Bretons, and Redguards would all be able to intermarry. Can Altmer and Dunmer and Bosmer and Orsimer breed with each other? Are Argonians and Khajiit left to themselves? If I'm playing a flamboyantly gay male Altmer (let's just assume), and I see this sexy-ass Argonian bro playing volleyball with his crew, and I want to put my dick all over that tail, is Bethesda going to let me do that? Because, with God as my witness, I will.

Player_B

Sep 13, 2011
As long as you can turn it off in options or we get a mod to remove it I don't care what they add.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
to be fair bethesda is located in Maryland. Surely if ever there was such a hotbed of sodomy and licentiousness as Maryland it has been smote by His noodley appendage.

Gage Cantrell

Dec 9, 2012
Player_B said:
As long as you can turn it off in options or we get a mod to remove it I don't care what they add.
I agree with this. I mean I am straight and I get sorta creeped out when that option appears on my game. I mean games are suppose to help take you away from the real world and make a world of your own that you can escape. Just give the ability to turn off for those of us who don't like it and don't want it in their game play of Skyrim.