Skyrim Mods That Need to Exist

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
As weird as this sounds, one that makes you level up more slowly.

Really, the highlight of my gaming was when I was pinching septims and working the woodcutting. Now I'm level 38 and I have rather too much money.

Also, like Yahtzee said in the credits to his review, a hardcore survival mode. MAKE me use that food, please! I'll love the game more if this happens and will cheer me up immensely, since what I would actually like a game when it's basically a Sim game of life in Skyrim when you're a traveller and trying to earn your keep. YES I HAVE STRANGE DESIRES!

Calumon: Can they take out the violence so Jack will let me play it? : (
I agree. The game was more exciting when I was struggling to afford some decent weapons and armor. Now I'm swimming in gold (nearly 40,000 last I checked) and I've bought everything I really need.

As for a "hardcore" mode, I'm sure the modding community will come up with something. There have been similar numerous mods for Morrowind and Oblivion, so it's only a matter of time before Skyrim gets the same treatment.

What I'd like to see is a mod that fleshes out the player's cooking ability a bit more. Make cooking a skill with its own constellation. Possible perks could be things like increasing food's healing effectiveness, learning more recipes and reducing the quantity of ingredients needed for more complicated dishes.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
- more abodes, MORE !
- "have all the companions you want at the same time"
- tougher dragons
- portable pocket plane portal :)

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
As weird as this sounds, one that makes you level up more slowly.
To expand upon that: leveling up more slowly, especially in non-combat areas. Everyone who sells stuff in Skyrim (most of us?) will know that sellling stuff makes your Speecraft level. Also it's way too easy to hit 100 in Smithing, Alchemy and Enchanting and the games 10 times easier once you do.

I'm planning a mod myself to add in a 'tag skills' system like Fallout. It'll reduce the rate of skill growth as well as increase the level of skill ups needed to level. But you'll be able to tag four skills to level up quicker than the rest. Combine that with the guardian stones and there should be an improvement on player strength vs NPC enemies too.

On that note where my mod that ties hidden strength and agility attributes to the weight of your character? Why can my scrawny sneaky thief carry as much as my battle axe weilding man-bear?

And the inevitable bump in enemy AI. Mitigating player damage and massively increasing NPC damage is not difficulty, it's an annoyance.

Samuel Goodall

Jun 15, 2011
More spells anyone? Or spell crafting. Maybe also merchants who could afford some of the loot I am finding instead of me having to haul it into my house for the game. Dragon raising would be good... But as has been claimed before the two real necessities are...
Dragons to be less frequent. After being attack by 5 dragons in half an hour the joy wears off.
Hardcore Mode with a way to not make you rival the emperor in personal wealth.

Archer666

May 27, 2011
The ability to skin and cook people. And eat human meat. Because if people disliked the childkilling mod, this mod will literally make their heads explode with outrage.

Odd Owl

Oct 21, 2011
Potion/Scroll/Magic Mirror of Cosmetic Manipulation.

I'm one of those OCD players who can spend a hour on character creation, only to discover that the hair style or skin tone I thought looked great in the character creator looks like crap out in the game world. I love games like Saints Row, where you can fully alter your character at various shops around the world. They had this in Fallout 3. I understand that dialogue variants would make it difficult to justify changing a character's race or gender, and I don't think that would be as desirable. But I'd at least like to be able to tweak my characters' hair styles or facial features after creation.

Psycho78 said:
Horseback Combat
Companions on Horses
I second these too. It's senseless that I have to dismount in order to smack the wolves constantly gnawing at my horse's backside.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
Better UI on the PC.
Fast switch with number keys.
Ability to click items in menus.
[/thread]

Odd Owl

Oct 21, 2011
Lord Beautiful said:
As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be a mod that makes one of your Shouts sound like this.
Two questions. What anime is this from? And what song is the sound clip from? I assume the sound clip doesn't actually come from that scene in the anime. If it did, that would violate the physical limits of awesome.

Red Mammoth

Sep 2, 2011
MODS:
-First person horseback riding
-Additional combat animations
-More racial distinctions (Argonian and Khajiit primarily)

FIXES:
-Vanity cam that works properly with a weapon drawn
-Fixes to animations that don't look right (sneak forward roll)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Agitated Owl said:
Lord Beautiful said:
As far as I'm concerned, there needs to be a mod that makes one of your Shouts sound like this.
Two questions. What anime is this from? And what song is the sound clip from? I assume the sound clip doesn't actually come from that scene in the anime. If it did, that would violate the physical limits of awesome.
That's from Highlander: The Search for Vengeance. The song is The One by Lost Horizon, and if I'm not mistaken, it was indeed written for that film. And used in that scene. I haven't seen the movie completely, though, so I can't say for certain.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
This is a far off idea, but a dragon breeding, raising mod would be nice.
In the context of the game dragons are intelligent beings, and your character is a dragon born humanoid.

So this idea is kind of creepy in that regard.

I want a mod that lets me replace the stats / armor of any piece of armor onto another piece of armor or clothing.

So you don't inevitably end up looking like some dark clad chaos warrior and can keep that sweet steel or iron plate appearance with ebony / daedric stats at the end game.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I demand a mod that allows me to ride dragons. How could they put dragons in a game and not give me the option to make it my ***** and have it fly me places.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I'm more interested in quality-of-life mods myself.

A respec mod would be VERY welcome, at the very least for Perks (though you can manually add/remove them through the console), perhaps even for Health/Mana/Stamina levelups or even skill redistribution (though that last one might be too much).

An enchantment removal mod would also be welcome. Since Enchanting is so powerful, anyone maxing it out will easily outclass any regular enchants. This means that you have to miss out on a lot of cool looking gear because it's simply poop compared to the stuff you can make. For instance, I just go the Nightingale Armor, which is likely the best looking armor in the game. But compared to my custom made Legendary Dragonscale set with double enchants it just can't compete. I'd love to be able to reenchant the Nightingale armor and keep the awesome look while using my Enchanting skill to the fullest.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
A mod that punches Todd Howard in the balls every time the game crashes or causes a rage-inducing glitch.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
Psycho78 said:
Dark Nights
Brighter Torches
Better PC interface, more minimal
Better Inventory
Horseback Combat
Companions on Horses
Timid Horses
Hardcore Mode like Fallout New Vegas
I've got no qualm with the PC interface or the Inventory system (except the potion names... weiiird) and I don't undestand the Dark Nights... you mean if I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, at night, I shouldn't see anything because there's no moon/light source ? If that's the case, YES! :) The Kajjit Night Vision would be useful :).

Otherwise, GREAT suggestions :)

For the mods that are present and neat, there's the "Meltdown" mods that let you melt your old weapons and armors... (didn't try it...). Furthermore, that mods let you create ARROWS :D

Hat-Wearing Man

Sep 4, 2008
Spears/lances in the game, that is all I want, hell if possible I'll make the dam mod myself, and make a legendary Lance Gae Bolg. It really just seems odd that there is a lack of pointy sticks in a game and time period that would benefit from pointy sticks. Even more so considering that some of creatures and much larger than you and therefore pointy sticks are even more of an advantage.