Skyrim Mods That Need to Exist

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
I would like a way to remove fast travelling. I want to explore the world for myself, and sometimes it's too tempting to use that shiny fast travel button!

Also, I agree with Jack and Calumon. I'm amazed personally that cooking wasn't made into it's own skill, and that, as of right now, it's really very pointless.

Also maybe a better marriage mod.
I think the fast travel removal mod already exists. I will use that, but only once they add carriages to every hold in the game. That way, I get to see more of the world through walking, but still have a way to get from one side of the game to the other quickly without breaking my immersion.

Kinda weird, I know, but that's just how my mind works. No one complained about Silt Striders, boats and mage portals in Morrowind after all.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
The Ulfric Stormcloak personality improvement mod.

And also a mod that means you're not on the chopping block at the start of the game, but asked to move to one side when your name isn't on the list or as a bystander in Helgen.

surd360

Nov 12, 2011
Personally I would love horseback combat. I would also like to scale walls on my thief even if it were an added perk for sneak or something, hmm yea first person or third person zoom out for the animation would be alright with me. you could even have the armor and equiment effect climbing rates.. yay! I miss that from DAoC.

Odd Owl

Oct 21, 2011
Mr.Tea said:
Agitated Owl said:
Mr.Tea said:
Agitated Owl said:
Potion/Scroll/Magic Mirror of Cosmetic Manipulation.

I'm one of those OCD players who can spend a hour on character creation, only to discover that the hair style or skin tone I thought looked great in the character creator looks like crap out in the game world.
Oh dear, that pisses me off so much when it happens. And the Saints Row: The Third example is especially apt because my character looked great in the editor, but awful in cutscenes.

Skyrim has similar problems too, but like Oblivion (where it was even worse), you can just use the
Code:
showracemenu
console command whenever you want and touch up your face and hair. Just make sure to remove all your items first and not change race while in the editor and all should be fine. I did it twice, throughout the life of my now 100+ hour character, with no ill effects.
Unfortunately, there are no console commands for us console players. Ironic, isn't it?
There are no mods for consoles either, yet here you are. I just assumed that, by not specifying your platform, you were open to mod suggestions (in this thread about modding). Console commands are a lot like mods in that way, so I thought there was a chance I could help. Honest mistake.
That would be a fair assumption on your part, and I certainly didn't mean to come across as snarky (if I did). I suppose I was looking at it from a broader perspective (i.e., what would I like to see added to Skyim). If someone makes my Magic Mirror of Cosmetic Manipulation and it turns out to be a hit, who knows? Maybe Bethesda would pick it up and release it as DLC. It'd be a far cry better than Horse Armor.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Jack and Calumon said:
As weird as this sounds, one that makes you level up more slowly.

Really, the highlight of my gaming was when I was pinching septims and working the woodcutting. Now I'm level 38 and I have rather too much money.

Also, like Yahtzee said in the credits to his review, a hardcore survival mode. MAKE me use that food, please! I'll love the game more if this happens and will cheer me up immensely, since what I would actually like a game when it's basically a Sim game of life in Skyrim when you're a traveller and trying to earn your keep. YES I HAVE STRANGE DESIRES!

Calumon: Can they take out the violence so Jack will let me play it? : (
Look on skyrimnexus, theres already a level mod.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1992
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=175
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=49

for needing to use more potions and food....
http://uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Actor_Value_Indices

to make it more hardcore forcing you to eat food and drink potions you can do that with a console command. hit ~ and type:

player.setav healrate 0.0
player.setav MagickaRate 0.0
player.setav StaminaRate 0.0

What that does is eliminates the heal, stamina, and stamina regen forcing you to use potions and food to replenish those. if that makes the rate faster or instant then just give it an insane high value like 100.0...

theres also:

CombatHealthRegenMult
HealRateMult
MagickaRateMult
StaminaRateMult

So if the first set doesnt work try those out. and use the player.getavinfo command to get the default number so you can revert back to stock.

Hope that helped, but sorry Calumon I couldnt find a no violance mod but you can do the console command tdetect and nothing will attack you so you wont need to get violant. but then again no NPC will know you are there unless you talk to them.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Deviate said:
Don't know if it's already said, but something that gives the Dark Brotherhood armor bonuses to the Nightingale armor set. Seriously, give the best armor bonuses to a shitty looking set, then go ahead and make the nightingale armor set and give it shitty bonuses? Come on!
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=454
That gives you the nightingale armor without enchantments, then you can use a console command to spawn the parts with the enchantment:

playerenchantobject

for boots its the muffle enchantment: 00092a57 is the MGEF ID thats found through this table:
http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unique_Items
click the link in the enchantment column and on the top right of the new page it will have the number.

for the enchantable nightingale armors id number from the mod just drop the part on the ground, hit ~ and click on the item. below your crosshair it will show its object ID.

Example using hide boots:
playerenchantobject 00013910 00092a57

And if you want to add even more enchantments you can add a second to it such as the thieves guild boots enchantment of fortify lockpick: 0007a100
playerenchantobject 00013910 00092a57 0007a100

So you can create nightingale armor with both the thieves guild and dark brotherhood enchantments, or any other special or regular enchantment you want.

I dont know if you actualy need the mod enchantable armor, the console command might actualy overwrite the stock enchantment so give it a try with the stock part and see if it does.

*edit
Heres a mod that allows you to create several different items such as the nightingale armor. not sure if it would be an actual armor because the mod maker calls it clothing. so it may not have any armor rating.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2092

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
i'm probobly speaking for a pretty select group here but i saw this thread earlier and thought of it.

a mod to create/mod an NPC for the sole purpose of modeling it after your spouse/SO/BF/GF for the in-game relationship.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
KiloFox said:
i'm probobly speaking for a pretty select group here but i saw this thread earlier and thought of it.

a mod to create/mod an NPC for the sole purpose of modeling it after your spouse/SO/BF/GF for the in-game relationship.
I like that idea, I know you can do it with an Oblivion companion mod, just need to find the correct hair and eyes and have some photoshop skills to make the face and body skins. But maybe one for couples who play the game where you can export the player character and import it into your game as either a companion or to replace the wife/husband. That i think would be cool too and quite doable once the mod tools get released.

I keep answering people so as for myself i want a dragon instead of a horse to ride around on. The one that was in Oblivion was fun but the dragon sucked. Imagine landing in one of those little towns on your new mount and you wouldnt be too worried if it decides to join a fight.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
There needs to be a "Your Journal Mod" A In-Game Journal you can write in...

Why hasn't one been made yet?, My Orc needs to detail his adventures with his brutish grasp of language.

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
A Polymorph mod like the one for Oblivion. God, it would be so fun to play as a dragon...

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
A mod I want to see in the game is the ability to create your own staff. The staff quest in Oblivion felt like a right of passage. Maybe an added quest to the College involving making your first staff, with the ability to enchant further staves in the future. I think that'd make woodcutting more important, if it was incorporated for staff making.

trouble_gum

May 8, 2011
1) A map mod that lets me make notes on the map so I can find those rare ore veins again.

2) An upgrade to the enchanting system that lets me enchant suits of armour with Resist X Damage Type enchantments.

zacattack14

Apr 3, 2010
Even though it's a new engine, I'm a little surprised that no one has put any of the fallout weapons in the game, I'd download that just for sheer novelty

Also Co-op

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
I really want a mod that lets me bring along more than one companion (two or three would be nice), one that lets me manage their skills and inventory on a deeper level and one that lets me amass companions and have them use my various houses in the cities as base camps for our own little guild.

The first one because I like keeping a small party with me from time to time, the second because I like having such a sense of control of my NPC party in RPGs, and the third because it'd give me a reason to bother buying, upgrading and decorating multiple houses. If I'm not using the houses, then at least I can adventure knowing that someone is.

But I wouldn't have any of that with some kind of friendly fire mod. Something that monitors attacks made by me and my companions, and if they strike a friendly target they're nullified and ignored. I've had a few great group fights ruined because my band of NPC allies suddenly decided to turn on my NPC companion over a wayward spell or arrow.

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
I would love a roguelike hardcore mode (1 life, death is permanent)

like roguelikes you could run into the ghosts of your prior attempts w/all the weapons/skills they had when they died, trying to kill you.

some sort of graveyard where you can see your past attempts (showing how they died and where,how far they had progressed, etc..) - also like the roguelikes.

trouble is, i doubt this will be possible w/the editor, as you'd have to change the game's save file system (only 1 save, on death that 1 allowed save for that character is deleted). Though since its on steam they have a built in system for it - steam cloud. Would even prevent cheating (people couldn't copy their one allowed save before it was deleted since it would be saved online not on their hdd).

Anyhow, the editor ain't out yet so who knows, but i imagine this would take a 3rd party program running alongside skyrim or an official mod/patch. Otherwise its just the honor system.

jump on the bandwagon:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1281435-req-roguelike-hardcore-mode/

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
leet_x1337 said:
Unofficial Skyrim Patch, just like they did for Oblivion. 'Nuff said.
Ninja!

Also a Super HD mod. Console port graphics just aren't good enough.