Skyrim Mods You Want to See

samgdawg

Apr 1, 2011
Remodeling my house. So tired of the cluttered appearance of my Whiterun house. Better werewolf transformations, back AND forth. I think you all know what I mean. Better combat. It is good, but two-handed weapons, especially war-hammers really need to hit more than one person at once. As it is the weapons are asking, do you want tons of slow damage or a bunch of fast hits? BETTER AI! I hate when the NPCs blocks a doorway, get stuck on a stairway, or otherwise act in infuriating ways.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Warhammer-related mods. I'd love to have some armours from both Fantasy and 40,000. My Orc can finally look like an Ork!

An improved-Ork helmet. Yeah it's a small nitpick but it's just a tad too ugly for my taste. If I could cover it, it'd be awesome.

Yeah I'm into cosmetics >.>.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
I always had a peculiar idea for an Oblivion mod of some kind of vampirism outbreak (after you finished the vampire cure quest, so you're immune). And then you are one of the few non-vampires left in Cyrodiil. I suppose they could do something similar to Skyrim. It'd also be cool to have a draugr apocalypse (someone mentioned this above). I always thought that adding a post-apocolyptic mod of any type would make for a cool experience.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I want to see mods for Skyrim that are available for the consoles.

Max Wilco

Jun 9, 2011
There are a couple of things I'd like to see modded in:

More Cooking Recipes - Most all the recipes for cooking involve meat and salt. With so many different food items in the game, like apples, wheat, lettuce, etc., it would be nice if you could make something more varied, like bread or sweet-rolls.

Usable Instruments - Throughout the game, you can find lutes, flutes and drums, but you can't actually use any of them. It's especially strange, since you can join the Bards' College (though it seems like there's only one quest you can take for it) [http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bards_College#Quests]. Regardless, it would be neat if you could learn to play instrument, and earn some extra gold from busking.

Thee Lost One

May 26, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
No more level scaling, with level indicators when you enter a new area.

Overhauled and badass looking inventory.

New high quality quests.
Scaling in this game works in tiers, and mobs stop scaling alltogether at level 53, and it's only dragons that break that level 50. Those last 30 levels just let you widen the gap.

Giants and mammoths are level locked at the mid-late 30's. There is really no reason to dislike Skyrim's level scaling since it does it in tiers. Honestly, if you spend some time to up your smithing and skills you can totally render the scalling moot all together if you know what you're doing.

ianeddy44

Aug 17, 2009
Fijiman said:
I want to see mods for Skyrim that are available for the consoles.
This is extremely unlikely. First of all, mods can significantly affect game performance/handling, and console versions are very specifically tailored to consoles )this is why ports are often shitty). Also, I doubt that Sony/Microsoft would like having unknown third-party software thrown into the mix. Especially Microsoft. They wouldn't allow a Steam connection with Portal 2, so I highly doubt they would let Bethesda open up any kind of mod-support. Maybe they can be convinced if the mods are released in some kind of "popular mods" pack on the XBL Marketplace or on PSN (SEN?). For example, it would be similar to frequent and player-made DLC packs. They would likely be compensated, and perhaps be selected through a kind of contest or voting.

Modding on consoles is a tricky business, because by nature and by ancestry, consoles are rooted in the use of "proprietary" hardware and software, otherwise people would use them just like computers (this is why Sony hates it when people hack their PS3s), and any breach of that proprietary business model could represent, to them, a threat to their control of their console's proprietary "integrity."

Thee Lost One

May 26, 2010
s69-5 said:
Thee Lost One said:
Honestly, if you spend some time to up your smithing and skills you can totally render the scalling moot all together if you know what you're doing.
If you spent your time training skills properly in Oblivion, the scaling was a non-factor as well. My level 32 Breton was nigh-invincible due to proper planning in Oblivion.

I find Skyrim's levelling to be a bit restrictive. The game is fun and all, but has been seriously dumbed down for the masses. The perks are fine, but with so many features removed from the game (as per above spell creation as example, race being almost meaningless beyond cosmetics as another), I'm not as compelled to replay.
I do agree with you that Races and the selection there of, should be more impactful on gameplay and abilities than they are, and also agree that reduction in spell crafting and spell variety has been a bit of a sore point for me.

Honestly, i wouldn't mind a return to the Str dex, int etc stats, however, i was never really pleased with how Oblivion or Morrowwind boosted those.

Keeping in mind how much they had to change things, and how many things are new, I feel comfortable with what we have as a starting point, but would greatly appreciate it if they would hurry up and add more complexity and options for us.

Namely I want Crossbow and Spears to come back, maybe even a couple of the older armor sets appropriately sifted into light and heavy.

Racially speaking, I would love a return of digitigrade feet for Kahjit and Argonian's, but NOT if it means the loss of being able to wear boots without some sort of significant compensation. The introduction of a Lycan perk tree and Vampire enhancements are nice to see, but would rather have more focus spent on making the choice of race more meaningful.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Raj would like more drug effects~! Skooma should have much bigger kick. Vision blurring, and stumbling are a must!

OH OH OH! And something to shut Wife Mjoll up when Raj is on skooma! And more lovely ladies! Many women here beautiful, but there are not enough of them! And get rid of monogamy! How can i has secret harem away from home when priest will only wed me to one person!?!? Its not fair to women! Raj is to much man for only one.

And more underwear. Hate how everyone wears same underwear. Let Raj open underwear factory! Sell across all of Skyrim so people can enjoy clean undies, of different colors!

And maybe fishing. Fishing would be nice. Sit on dock. Eat moon sugar, and fish to hearts content. Maybe expand on cooking too! Would like more foods to make, with better effects. Honey Baked Sweet Roll with nirnroot sauce. Would be delicious! Cabbage and Skeever stew with Fresh Salmon and Giant's toe stuffed mushroom! Scrumptious!

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Akimoto said:
Spears and hybrid spells like in the GameJam video. And more epic battles.
Aside from the two final boss fights (which were insanely epic) there wasn't really any other awesome fights in the game...

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
I want a dwemer mod like this:

You get a dwemer ruin to call a base. You can spend money for upgrades and a route to black reach. You can build spiders, spheres, and centurions. Possibly androids as well.

The spiders can act as low tier guardians, miners and fabricators, and general repairmen. They would mine the ore then smelt it, placing it in a box for you. It will be dwemer ingots only. The amount of spiders determines the amount of ingots you get per day. From these ingots, you can forge dwarven items to make the robots.

Spheres are medium level guardians, and can be sent to patrol black reach and protect the base.

Centurions are high tier guardians. They have a population cap, as they require those charging stations that centurions stand in before they activate. A higher population can be raised by paying money to build more. They can be sent to secure the black reach area.

The robot's level is determined by the level of soul gem you use. For example, a grand level soul makes a centurion or sphere master, etc. All robots can be used as a follower. The base itself can come under attack from multiple parties if you so choose to enable the option. Maybe add some patrols to the roads of skyrim themselves.

I doubt anyone would even try something like this. I know some fallout mods do exactly this, but I doubt anyone would seriously port it to skyrim.
That is a great idea. And don't be so sure it wouldn't be made, have you seen some of the mods for Morrowind and Oblivion?

For me, my main wish right now is a necromancy overhaul. I want a mod that removes the timer and limit on risen dead. It will make the game rather simple, but I just want to march through the game with an army of the undead.
Apart from that, I'm just waiting for all the stuff from Morrowind to come back. Like spears and shit.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
I'd like a mod for the marriages. As it stands, the most romantic thing you can do is ask your spouse for money.
Fix the Brotherhood missions so they aren't shit.
restore Shadowmere's immortality
In Morrowind, there was a guy who cloned himself a couple times as sexy young daughters to tend his Corpus hospice. I want more clones.
I'm tired of fighting Draugr, I need some other stuff to kill.