Skyrim Mods You Want to See

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Import F3/NV map into skyrim and add guns( plus some other stuff that was featured in f3/nv).
Instant purchase from me.

ianeddy44

Aug 17, 2009
Fijiman said:
ianeddy44 said:
Fijiman said:
I want to see mods for Skyrim that are available for the consoles.
snip
I know you're trying to be nice, but the lecture was not necessary. I already knew that the chances of some of the awesome mods that are available for the computer versions of games becoming available for their console counterparts is about as good as my chances of being able to fly to the surface of the sun and living. At times it's that fact that makes me wish I had a computer that I had a computer for gaming, but for the most part I'm content with my Xbox. And besides, we were asked what mods for Skyrim we would like to see, not what mods actually have a chance of being made.

And sorry if this seems a bit snappish, I'm typing this after 1AM so I'm tired and it also doesn't help that I already felt like beating the living crap out of something.
No worries, pal. My post was a bit long because I like having substance to my post, instead of just a few lines. This wasn't a "consoles suck, PCs win" post, I was just ruminating about cross-platform modding.

But, OT.. I would like to see a mod simiar to the Oblivion mod Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. I've noticed that Bethesda went with the "world levels with you" idea again, and I guess that's my biggest gripe. I'd also love to see some kind of town-development mod. For example, Bloodmoon for Morrowind had the character participate in a line of quests for the East Empire Company that centered around the ebony mining town Raven Rock.

ianeddy44

Aug 17, 2009
TerribleAssassin said:
Don't have the PC version of Skyrim, but I'd consider getting it if you could visit Cyrodiil, Morrowind and Daggerfall.

And you could get Batman armor. Man that'd be awesome.
You can look forward to this, I think. Bethesda actually textured in the land from Oblivion and Morrowind. They're very low-quality, but they're there in correct size/scale. My suspicion is that they were included so that modders could do exactly this. Maybe if we're lucky, they have some kind of oblivion/morrowind expansion pack planned.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Don't know if its been said, but playable dragons/ dragon mounts. Give the playables an alternate form, or have the named dragons give you quests.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Soviet Heavy said:
With the Creation Kit suddenly releasing a flood of mods, it's now a matter of time before the bigger projects start to spring up. So, without further ado, here are the mods I am most looking forward to seeing some time in the future.

1. Mounted Combat: Perhaps charging with your horse gives you a damage bonus to represent the momentum.

2. Broadswords: Not the big greatswords, but a medium sword. It's two handed, but it swings faster than a greatsword, and you cannot use a shield with it. Sort of a middle ground between one handed and two handed swords in the game right now.
Well I think mounted combat is coming, but as for broadswords, there is a mod called JaySuS Swords that adds 47 new craftable weapons to the game. I'm using a Fine Bastard Sword myself. However, I'm not sure whether it's faster than a typical greatsword.

Bhaalspawn said:
SWARMS: Recently I booted Skyrim back up to collect some footage for a video comparing Skyrim to The Old Republic. I spent five hours wandering Skyrim (crossing the world map about twenty times) and found six enemies to fight. There should be MUCH more.
Search Wars in Skyrim IV.

Randomologist said:
More follower commands:

"You're in my fucking way".
"Don't step on the fucking pressure plate, retard"
"Stop randomly yakking when someone's talking to me about a quest. I only get to hear this shit once"
"I told you not to step on the fucking pressure plate, retard."
"Don't be like that about carrying my burdens, or I'm going to load you down with so much steel armour, I will use your knees for bone meal"

Or words to that effect. I had to reload a save earlier when I was backed into a small cave, and asking the follower to move only brought her closer to me.
Fus Ro Dah? Also there's a Lydia mod that makes her stop saying that burdens line, and replaces it with "show me what you've got" and "Let's see it" or something like that. There's 3 lines now. Basically there was already pre-recorded lines with her voice saying them, so some genius just swapped them into her dialog.

Arnoxthe1 said:
What they NEED to do is to make some changes to the magic system to actually make it effective to use during later levels.
Midas Magic adds a ton of new awesome spells. There's also some destruction magic scaling spells for more damage, although honestly my lvl 45 mage has no problems dropping enemies even on Master so I'm not sure what the issue is there.

Rastelin said:
-pic snip-
Regarding my above post about a weapon formed as a woman's body. Someone showed me this.
Blade of Dibella. Had no idea it existed.
Yes, JaySuS Swords adds a ton of great swords to the game. That one is easily one of the more interesting ones, but there's definitely a lot of cool ones. Like rapiers and cutlasses, knight sword, argonian and kajiit blades, just a ton of stuff.

I actually just posted a huge amount of my favorite mods on my blog (see my profile for link) so I've spent a lot of time looking for all kinds of cool stuff. Hopefully I'm being helpful here =P

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Saulkar said:
Remodeled digitigrade Argonian and Khajiit bodies (the heads are fucking awesome) with some sex minigames to go with it all. What? I am not afraid of voicing my inner deviancies. Maybe you should look at your inner self and ask why you are afraid to admit your own culturally unacceptable distinctions. XD
Would said sex minigames include the men and mer races? Because I have soooooo many ideas of things to do with Aela, what with both of us being werewolves, and...

Oh, don't look at me like that.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
Fus Ro Dah? Also there's a Lydia mod that makes her stop saying that burdens line...
Fus Ro Dah didn't work, nor did the whirlwind sprint. I never bother with Lydia now, Mjoll can't carry as much but she does have a convenient habit of being immortal.

Also, "Let's see it"? Matron. Sorry.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
ianeddy44 said:
TerribleAssassin said:
Don't have the PC version of Skyrim, but I'd consider getting it if you could visit Cyrodiil, Morrowind and Daggerfall.

And you could get Batman armor. Man that'd be awesome.
You can look forward to this, I think. Bethesda actually textured in the land from Oblivion and Morrowind. They're very low-quality, but they're there in correct size/scale. My suspicion is that they were included so that modders could do exactly this. Maybe if we're lucky, they have some kind of oblivion/morrowind expansion pack planned.
I saw that, but sadly the ground lacks any collision and is scaled! but to a smaller one than required to be a full expansion, my bets are it was added for detail.

Hopefully there'll be a total conversion that changes the Skyrim quests into the past Elder Scroll's games quests.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Randomologist said:
Wolfram01 said:
Fus Ro Dah? Also there's a Lydia mod that makes her stop saying that burdens line...
Fus Ro Dah didn't work, nor did the whirlwind sprint. I never bother with Lydia now, Mjoll can't carry as much but she does have a convenient habit of being immortal.
Well that's weird. I've sent Lydia flying across the room, but normally if I just run into her for about 5 seconds she moves her ass.

Also, "Let's see it"? Matron. Sorry.
I'm afraid this went completely over my head... I don't get it.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
creonto said:
Varrdy said:
While I am not keen on digitigrade legs (there is a reason bipedal species don't have them anymore!)
im fairly sure the reason we dont have digitigrade legs is that our feet evolved from the monkeys hand-feet. naturally it is easier to walk on your palm than your fingertips. if we had evolved from something with real feet on their legs we would doubtless have digitigrade legs. we would then be able to walk more quietly, faster, and more efficiently; plus, we wouldn't have the back problems brought on bye the concussion travelling up our legs through our heels
To be honest you are probably on the money, at least more than I was!

OP - How about a crossbow? Sorry if that's already been mentioned, I can't be arsed to look!

Wardy

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
brainslurper said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
brainslurper said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
two words

Dragon Transformations

pretty much explains it self :D
Interesting idea, probably not possible.
i bet it is, since that tool set is out now :)
I have been using it since it was released. What you want is simply impossible, unless they are very small, humanoid dragons.
so your telling me, there's no way to have a hot key, to swap character models, that grants one use of the games dragon ability's (flight, fire breath ect) -.-

i've seen the TES modder community sir, i have no doubt its possible, complicated maybe but possible.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Hand-to-hand perks. I want perks that can make my Kajit into a badass martial artist with kicks, paralyzing punches, and the like.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
More craftable/upgradeable items. I'd really like to be able to make my own arrows, and apply my smithing skill to upgrade some of the more esoteric armor, etc.

Fix spell damage so it viably scales. This is a general problem with magic in Skyrim - it really doesn't balance well against melee/archery. Probably change the level capping on Illusion effects to be a function of your level, your skill rank, or some relation between the two because illusions are kind of useless in the current version. Also, related in general -

Broader, more interesting spell selection. While I can understand not wanting to have a situation like you had in Morrowind where magic was a viable bypass for a lot of skills (who needs Lockpick when you have Open spells, who needs Sneak when you have Chameleon, etc) I feel they really did par the spell lists down far too harshly. Magic got kind of boring, and that's just a shame. Probably include more enchanting options too while you're at it. There's some interesting esoteric enchantments already out there if you go and look for 'em - Huntsman's Prowess, Silent Moons, Fiery Soul Trap, etc. Put in more interesting/niche stuff like that to broaden out the world.

Broader, more interesting weapon options. The talent trees have options that focus on specialization in axes v maces v swords, I get that, but don't let that mean that those are the only weapon choices we can take. Let us have spears and flails and crossbows and whatever. Hell, broaden out some of those weapon categories themselves. You never see a saber or a club. Widen the pool a bit. Also, let punching dudes be something you can build for without having to be a khajiit; I'm cool with them having a boost to it, but at least let other races have the option of being a one-punch badass without it solely limited to a little brawling minigame.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Varrdy said:
(there is a reason bipedal species don't have them anymore!)
But they are soooooo damn sexy! Combined with the fact that it is a fantasy game.;)