Skyrim Patch 1.3 Fixes Dragons, Buffs, Books

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Whatever you say about Bethesda games, it's nice to know that they openly admit the bugs and fix progressively them - that's more than you can say for a lot of developers (on consoles, expect bugs shipped to remain there forever)

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
Not to be rude or anything but you forgot to insert a "to" in between "want" and "lose". Just thought you might want to know...
Greg Tito said:
"and I didn't want lose them all to some stupid code."
Op: I'm planning to get Skyrim for Christmas so it's good to know that Bethesda is taking care of their stuff.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
If this patch lets me use more than 2gb RAM I'll install it. If not, I'll stick with 1.1 because I really don't have any problems with it and I can use that sweet RAM mod. PC gamers are waiting for community patch anyway.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
josemlopes said:
lol, Radiant Story, like that is a thing. I still havent found any proof that it is actually there. I went to a dungeon, got an object, talked later to a guy that gave me the quest to get that object on that dungeon and gave him the object right away. In Oblivion the same would happen.
It's there: The location's different for each quest, and some require different items as well. I'm not sure if it's better than Oblivion's due to the generic wording and cutnpasta nature of the quests, but it does a better job of filling out the world - not unlike Daggerfall's quest system.

playinthedark

Feb 15, 2010
Dear Bethesda,

Let me bank the Elder Scroll (weight 20!), Stones of Berenzia and all the redundant quest items I have that I've already completed the quest for (bard instruments, books, etc).

I want my inventory space back. You can keep your backwards dragons and flying goats.

Kind regards,
Rabid Kleptomaniac

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Yay. Fix the thieves guild quest and then I'm perfectly happy. Because then, I can get my last three trophies. Still, it will be nice to be able to fight dragons again.
What's wrong with the Thieves' Guild quests?
See, this is funny because someone said there was something wrong and I asked them what was wrong.

Anyway, apparently the thieves guild is bugged six ways to Sunday. Can't complete certain quests, characters aren't doing what they need to do, items don't show up, etc. Of course, I don't know if any of that is true because, for me, I couldn't even start it. There's a guy who tells you to meet him down in the Ratway in order to join the guild. Problem is, he's still standing around 'distracting' everyone from my test. And everyone is still being distracted. For DAYS. Half the town of Riften is now stuck in the market place, staring at this one man. So yeah, I couldn't get the quest started, couldn't join the guild, couldn't get trophies, no platinum. Hoping on my next playthrough it won't bug out like that.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Im on PC and the most annoying bug for me is missing textures. Especially in archmage robes. I have no knees, and some masks make my entire face disappear. Which was cool for a while. But i kind of miss having a head. :(

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Hmmm sounds like I'm going to start to think about buying it soon... I really want to play Skyrim but I would prefer if I didn't have to report more bugs than a Beta tester... It sorta ruins the fun... Not that I've seen any "really" bad bugs whilst testing it but still I really want the face to get "non--blocky" by default to begin with...

And I wonder if Bethesda is going to release a "HD textures" patch some of them are somewhat low...

And yes I want to have this by default even though there is modds for it....

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
So few quest fixes other than radiant. That's disappointing. Still nothing on thieves guild too extremely disappointing.

I can't wait until modders start making unofficial patches for this game.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
I'll be so glad when I can play the game again without worry about the issues ruining it. For me every time a dragon was anywhere around, as in, even super far in visual range doing its backwards flying, teleporting around, or just hovering in place, the game would suddenly turn super laggy with a sputtering visual like 1 frame rate. Half the time I push any buttons nothing happens, and it would just continue on till the game and my 360 froze and nothing could be done without forcing my system to power down by holding the power button. This was beyond just a simple bug issue obviously, this was totally game breaking making it fully unusable.

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
Listen, I get that Skyrim is the hottest game on the planet right now. I haven't gotten my hands on it, but I'm aware it's incredible. I'm not saying nobody should enjoy it or anything, but why is this front-page news on The Escapist? It's a patch. Not a day goes by without some popular game getting a patch. You can pretty much always find the patch notes either linked in the launcher, or on their website, or on Steam if the game is available there. You don't see patch notes for any other game show up unless they cause some unintended side effect, so why is it that Skyrim gets special treatment and EVERYONE MUST KNOW that a whopping 7 things changed? I play League of Legends and Terraria, both of which just underwent MASSIVE changes in their most recent patches, but I wouldn't expect or really want them showing up here because I already know about them. This isn't news, and it just isn't that important to anyone who didn't already know there was a Skyrim patch out.

I really hate to be such a sour guy about this, but it bugs me that something like this hits the front page when much more interesting are probably happening in the world of gaming, but instead I'm being told that a game - big shock here - got PATCHED! Again, I get that Skyrim is pretty much the biggest game out there right now, but this just isn't news, especially since it doesn't look like they did anything beyond bug fixes.

Hypertion

May 10, 2011
btw the dragon in the video i can pretty much say ALWAYS bugs out.

it normally sleeps on the word wall in that area. with all the steam vents and pools. however ever since 1.2 that particular dragon is a 100% backwards flyer for me. the few people i have partyed with over XBL while they were playing skyrim also got the same location and the same backwards flying dragon..

the weird thing is that if you use the Dragon call shout that summons a dragon to fight for you, that dragon has no problem flying straight...

Thewalis

May 9, 2011
@ kwagamon News on the Eacapist used to be relavent...but then it took an arrow to the knee...

Thewalis

May 9, 2011
aaaaaaargh Skyrim has got to be the buggiest game IN THE WORLD, I still like it but I REALLY want to cure my character's lycanthropy!

Thewalis

May 9, 2011
@ kwagamon News on the Eacapist used to be relavent...but then it took an arrow to the knee...

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Thanks the Nine, the problem isn't about the backward flying dragon... it's the fact that they REFUSE TO LAND, and with out them landing (in my case, they were pushed away ba an invisible force field, when in fact they want to come down to kick my ass...) I can't kill them! they just kept flying away! and when I did find them in air not moving (it's got to be a bug) I shoot them with magics, till their health are gone... but again... they don't land, they can't die... so I end up with a flying dragon with no health.... i think the dev had already decided that we MUST kill the dragons on the ground... there is no air death to these creatures!

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Thewalis said:
aaaaaaargh Skyrim has got to be the buggiest game IN THE WORLD, I still like it but I REALLY want to cure my character's lycanthropy!
the warewolf thing? you can't? there is a mission you can do to cure it forever (but why would you?).