Skyrim Patch Makes Dragons Fly Backwards

Dec 14, 2009
Fuck man, my game was bloody fine before this patch and now there's lag and crazy fucking spaz dragons all over the place.

Deleted my save out of pure spite. Not touching the game until the next patch.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
See growing two heads is .. so flying backwards mean they can see what tries to attack them from behind.

charlest92

Sep 4, 2010
I hit upon a dragon flying backwards and shooting fire out of its ass. Then again before the patch I had a special save in which there stands six foot long Elk. I shot it and it extended.

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Don't even THINK about fixing the backwards dragons! I personally find that on par with the spying chickens. Now, just add the ability for FUS RO DAH to work as a rocket jump and no one will ever complain again.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
This is only moderately surprising. Bethesda has never been able to make a remotely bug-free game.

However, I'm fully expecting some modder to do some creative patching to keep this feature in the game.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
@kayisking: In Soviet Russia, you don't fix bugs, bugs fix you!

I haven't been able to pick Skyrim up since the weekend (CURSE YOU SCHOOL! CURSE YOU!), so I don't have the patch installed yet, but if that video is any display, I am finding this more hilarious then annoying.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Fuck man, my game was bloody fine before this patch and now there's lag and crazy fucking spaz dragons all over the place.

Deleted my save out of pure spite. Not touching the game until the next patch.
It increases lag? Wow. Bethesda has to be full of the most incompetent programmers ever. That or they don't play test anything. The game having bugs is fine; a patch making the game worse? That is downright pathetic.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
Keava said:
Step 3. - Find a way to give mods to console users... or maybe just let them suffer for sake of fairness.
Technically you already can mod the console versions. (or at least the 360 version)
Although it is illegal as it requires hacking the console to re-enable the ability for the game to load data files.
I don't know how it's done, but you can port PC mods to the console with a USB stick. Though apparently it's a tad buggy.

The issue with the lacking of mod tools on previous games has been a legal one. Sony and Microsoft aren't too keen on giving gamers that kind of freedom.
That and modding can be greatly misused, essentially it would add a legitimate way for gamers to give themselves achievements that they haven't earned.

Although I do remember that Todd Howard said in a Skyrim interview that he would like find someway to bring modding to consoles. It would probably take some master persuasion attempts and quite a bit of tweaking to the CK to get it to work, so don't get your hopes up on it being released any time soon... Or ever, it might not happen.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
It's fine by me, because to download the patch would require my PS3 to actually connect to the internet. Something that the device finds abhorrent, "I mean what am I, your Xbox 360? Your computer? Your Toaster?!?" I do seem to remember having a connection for long enough last night to attempt to download it, it would have taken ONLY 2245 minutes. Oh, PSN, you spoil me!

wyrmslayer1991

Jun 14, 2011
That's the exact same dragon i just saw doing the same thing. Made it real easy to run up and the get the word at that shrine though.

And yeah, I removed all the books off my shelves and not only did the shelves not change in appearance (all the books are still on the shelve, but I've got them in my inventory), but I can no longer interact with them.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Now we need a patch for this patch, and maybe a patch for that patch and still a patch for the problems that the original patch did not fix. Then the DLC is going to come out and we're going to need a patch for that, along with a patch for the issues that that patch brought up and...
Yo dog, I heard you like patches...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Ha ha. This actually explains a lot of what I ran into yesterday. Found a dragon flying backward and thought it was weird. Finally bought the house in Solitude and stocked books, but they weren't showing up so I thought that was odd. Then, I was fighting a Frost Dragon and I was taking a lot of damage from its breath (considering I'm a Nord with 50% frost resistance, and had boots that added another 40%). I just thought they were getting stronger. Nope. I wonder if the fact that everyone is suddenly referring to me as a non-native of Skyrim is another bug from this patch, because they weren't doing that before.

I wouldn't say the game is broken, as so many people are shouting "Why do they get away with this." Broken means it's completely unplayable--as in doors don't open, you can equip key items, quests don't pop up. Skyrim is still very playable (PS3 lag aside, but I've found that just taking an hour or two off fixes it for a while). It just has some bugs to work out.

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
I installed the X360 patch and the only glitch I found that instead of cleaning up the dragon corpses, someone had gone around Winterhold & Riverwood and sewed then skins back on. Other than the bog standard "one freeze per session", it was pretty much business as usual.

Still- is it possible to uninstall the patch?

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I still have the lag problem but it's manageable. Considering that's the only real problem I have, I'm not that fussed. Still; Oh DEAR Bethesda.

Pb Zeppelin

Aug 5, 2010
scorptatious said:
Dang it Bethesda. All I want to do is complete a glitched College of Winterhold quest so I can have a dark elf follower for a wife. Why are you making it so hard for me to do so? :(
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to get her to commit! I tried everything last night to get her to marry my character.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Why is it always me who seems to get the least possible buggy version of a notoriously buggy game?
It happened with Oblivion, it happened with Red Dead Redemption, and now it's happened with Skyrim.
I expect my luck can't last much longer, since I already downloaded this patch feverishly like many other all-nighter Skyrim players out there.