Skyrim Patch Notes Released

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Yay I'll finally be able to remap they controls to the way I like it. (Read/Sheathe on M4, Use Power on M5)

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Did they fix the huge amounts of lag on PS3? Because I got the patch and it still lags like a mother fucker.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
wait...there not fixing the mining glitches? Oh well I guess that be a later patch.

TwikTwok

Jan 29, 2011
Wait wait wait wait. This patch isn't fixing the Esbern thing?

I realize the modders already have cobbled something together, but still, it's a big problem and on the main quest line no less, I'd expect they would give it some attention.

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
Looks like they'll have a few helpful fixes, which unfortunately won't help me with a few of my bugged quests (including the reportedly fantastic A Night to Remember), but I'll just wait for this [https://unofficialskyrimpatch.16bugs.com/projects/7078/bugs] to fix the really substantial stuff.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
hadnt played in a few days since the patch. now my pc version is actually lagging, that never happened before. something to do with lights since othertimes it wont lag.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
> Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

"Rare" issue, really? Not "every second dragon"?

Also, I don't see anything in there about the horribly buggy menus in the PC version. Can we please have a fix for the menus? I mean, I love the game and I'm really enjoying it, but the general interface has serious issues.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well that's good that corpses are going to be cleaned up properly. There's a dragon corpse that's glitching all over the place at the College. And at the same place, Erandur's body is still where the Eye of Magnus was and no one has even bothered to clean him up.

There is this one quest related glitch that's bugging me too. It's that one small quest with Breylna Maryon of the College of Winterhold where she tests her spells on you. Ever since she cast the first one, the quest never updated on the spell wearing off. I'd like to complete the quest and marry her, but the game won't let me. Can that be fixed? Or would I have to start a new game or load a much older file?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
WHAT ABOUT MY WIFE????

I got married told her I wanted her to live at my place in whiterun and then fast travel to my home, poof no wife, go to her "original home" no wife, I got married, we were suposed to be together forever, thats what the dude in orange said.... :(

FIX THAT BUG

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
early ps3 patch feedback is showing something awry with elemental resistances.

They appear to either no longer function or in some cases actually functioning in reverse (ie: a 40% fire resist will see you TAKE +40 fire damage).

Source is the Bethsoft forums.

Sounds pretty bad... :/

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Personally I find it a pity that the dragons not attacking was a bug. It was kind of cool to see one flying around and attacking something else instead of me.....

Ok ok, i was being lazy and was hoping that something else would smack the dragon for me. But I seriously thought that it was the result of the dragon A.I chosing the next victim other than the player

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Badassassin said:
How about the part where it won't let me buy the house in windhelm? That's a bit of a problem.
I want that house so badly.
Also the glitch where weapon racks don't work, pisses me off big time.
Best part about TES games, house decoration!

Mortier

Jul 19, 2009
Was hoping for the 3rd person view fix.
Ever since becoming a werewolf, whenever I'm playing in 3rd person without a weapon equipped the camera's incredibly zoomed in and my Khajit takes up over half of the screen :s
(PS3 btw)

As for bugs, I was ranging this mammoth once from a rocky hillside.
It walked around the hill to find a way to get to me and well... It somehow found a manageable slope, walked up, then started floating away into the sky following the angle of the slope.
After a couple yards the anti-gravity stopped and it fell to its death XD

But yeah, would love to see the lag fixed as well.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
So apparently, according the the Bethesda forums, the new patch breaks elemental resistances. At least for the PS3 and 360 version.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/181-xbox-360/

Not really sure how you'd mess up something like this, but I'm probably going to avoid this patch for now just in case.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Hidden text in patch notes-

- Broke resistances so they no longer work.
- Increased frequency of glitch where weapon racks and bookshelves don't work.
- Added backwards flight for dragons.
- Increased incidence of texture bug on Xbox 360.

Honestly Bethesda, how could you not know that the patch was this buggy? Please tell me your not this unprofessional and sloppy.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
And, on the 360, creates hideous z-fighting with water and terrain that wasn't there before.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Souplex said:
Does it fix the bug where after you complete the Markarth conspiracy quest it's impossible to lose your bounty?
I can't go to jail to repay my debt to society, I can't pay the fine, I'm a criminal for life!
I don't know if this is the same situation, but after completing the jail escape, although I was able to walk around the city, if I headed into Understone Keep I would get as far as the bottom of the steps leading up to the Jarl and the whole keep would turn on me.

However, after I kept away from the city for a while, I re-entered the keep and was able to to talk to the Jarl again.

What a forgiving bunch. Considering I'd killed countless guards, including those in Cidhna Mine and similarly cleared out that Temple of Dibella, they were surprisingly lenient.