Skyrim. R.I.P. Companions.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
R.I.P. Lydia
Sorry I dropped all that flaming oil on you.
Then again you didn't try to escape the oil or put yourself out, so honestly it was just a matter of time before something picked you off anyway.

MeTheMe

Jun 13, 2008
SweetLiquidSnake said:
You'd think that Bethesda would've realized how much better essential companions were in New Vegas, but no lets fuck that up amongst countless other things. Why is it that if a game has a working feature they gotta remove, to make room for what?
New Vegas wasn't Bethesda, it was Obsidian.

And so far Lydia's held up quite well, though I'm playing on an easier difficulty, so that might make her harder to kill...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
This is why I don't use followers. I hate babysitting them.

Lydia just sits in my house stuffing her face with my food, that's fine with me.

JohnGD117

Sep 15, 2010
mooncalf said:
RIP First Horse. Barbequed by dragon.
RIP Second Horse. Nommed by dragon.
RIP Third Horse. Gored by dragon.
RIP Fourth Horse. Humanely Euthanised prior to fight with Dragon.
Win.

OT this thread is why I love Bethesda games. The quirks and stories are epic.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
RIP my Thief, my Berserker, and my Summoner characters.

Alt-itis keeps taking them before I even go through Whiterun.

Brandon Trumbo

Feb 15, 2011
R.I.P all of my zombies and Familiars when I went into Bleak Falls as a newb. I'm a necro build, and that's all I do. The beginner dungeon enemies are literally ONLY ash piles now, because apparenty Drauger Zombies need to go pick up their weapon, 3 doors ago.

DustyLion

Jun 8, 2011
RIP Lydia. Just because a guard wandered into my frost shout doesn't mean you should go on a blood soaked rampage through Whiterun.

RIP Mercenary. You should know not to stand in between me and a bandit chief. Especially not around cliffs.

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
Soon to be RIP to the companion of solitude you get when you become thane. If I wanted a roommate, i'd get married!

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
This is why I don't use followers. I hate babysitting them.

Lydia just sits in my house stuffing her face with my food, that's fine with me.
If you haven't tried it, they're much better than they were in Oblivion. It's actually pretty hard for them to die: if their health drops too low, they go squat in a corner and enemies develop a suspicious lack of awareness towards them them until such time as the follower resumes the process of opening a can of whoop-ass on them.

They can only die by A) your fell hand, or B) large-area attacks like certain spells or the presence of anything with a fondness towards mammoths.

I'm assuming that you already know all of this. Actually, no, not really, I just wanted to explain this to somebody. Doesn't really matter who it is, so long as I'm not doing anything remotely productive.

Sagacious Zhu

Oct 17, 2011
R.I.P Alvor, Blacksmith of Riverwood

Not a companion but fell fighting a dragon in Riverwood. Mourned by a wife and two children. Sovengarde awaits thee.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
R.I.P.

Moira. Wanted my wedding ring back, because it was the only dialog option. Too bad; once you go Hagraven, you never go back.

_Depression

Jun 28, 2011
R.I.P. Lydia, you died fighting a group of mysterious enemies in Winterhold. Don't fret, your body was used by one of the wizards as a puppet, so you are now a pile of ash and no one can leave your almost-naked body out in the open.

I know that's what you would have wanted. <3

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
RIP my first horse - jumped off a mountain for some reason (after catching an arrow which was meant for a wolf with her ass). Now I ride Shadowmere, and, let me say this, for a horse she is rather strange... She tries to rape everything in sight, for instance. Dragons, stormclocks, goats, wolves, giants - she just doesn`t seem to care. It's like she is an immortal rape machine.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
Hawkeye21 said:
RIP my first horse - jumped off a mountain for some reason (after catching an arrow which was meant for a wolf with her ass). Now I ride Shadowmere, and, let me say this, for a horse she is rather strange... She tries to rape everything in sight, for instance. Dragons, stormclocks, goats, wolves, giants - she just doesn`t seem to care. It's like she is an immortal rape machine.
Shadowmere is actually a male.

OT:

Another death for one of my companions.

RIP Brelyna Maryon.

You were my wife and companion, but I needed to make a Daedric god like me so I sacrificed you.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
RIP Horse, KIA while defending his master from a dragon.

RIP Lydia, KIA while fighting absurd odds in the siege of Solitude.

RIP Dog, MIA, presumed KIA. Lost when exploring a crypt.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
All my zombie companions... alas, they only lasted for 60 seconds each, but I enjoyed their company and undying loyalty. R.I.P. you soulless hunks of meat.

Using a humanoid companion + animal companion + zombie is totally awesome, btw. I just need a dog and the double summon perk now... Then I will have a small army of followers!

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Octogunspunk said:
All my zombie companions... alas, they only lasted for 60 seconds each, but I enjoyed their company and undying loyalty.

Using a humanoid companion + animal companion + zombie is totally awesome, btw. I just need a dog and the double summon perk now... Then I will have a small army of followers!
Do you ever find that your companions spawn hostile? Several times I've summoned my familiar and he tries to bite my face off. The last thing I need during a fight is yet another enemy attacking me.