Skyrim: Stormcloak or Empire?

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
I chose to side with the imperials because I did not seal the gates of oblivion and watch Martin Septim die just to see the imperium we fought to protect fall apart.

Sure they tried to kill me (and imprisoned me in the last elder scroll), but what they've done loads of good for the imperium. It helped that the imperial was a pretty cool guy.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
I'm joining the storm cloaks. I'm an old D&d player Talos was my favourite god from forgotten realms. As soon as I heard there was Talos in this setting as an outlawed god I knew I couldn't join the faction that banned him. So definatly no imperials for me.

Ogargd

Nov 7, 2010
I sided with the Empire, half due to Ulfric being a racist, partly because I think the empire was doing a good job and keeping the elves at and partly because I thought the empire had more experience when it came to ruling over places.

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Stormcloaks. The Empire is pretty much dead already. The Summerset Isles, Valenwood and Elsweyr are all under Thalmor control, the Black Marshes have seceded from the empire and conquered Morrowind, Hammerfell was abandoned to the Thalmor by the Empire and reconquered by the Redguards without their help, and Skyrim is wracked by civil war. The only provinces really left to the Empire are Cyrodiil and High Rock.

The Empire is simply too caught up in politics and bureaucracy to realize they've already lost. In fact, I'd guess that with as badly overstretched and universally despised as the Thalmor have made themselves, the Empire is the only organization left in Tamriel that couldn't defend themselves against the Thalmor.

The fact that Ulfric is ambitious and racist is hardly relevant at all. The empire needs to die before it can do any more harm than it already has. Also, comparisons between Ulfric and Hitler are just downright silly. Ulfric may not like the Dunmer much, but I can hardly see him trying to round up every single one of them in all of Tamriel to torture and murder them. All racism is bad, but holy crap people, there are many different degrees of bad, and Ulfric is nowhere near Hitler.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Spiritofpower said:
But forging an alliance between the Empire, Hammerfell, and the Khajiti will be mountains more difficult because of the level of Thalmor infiltration in the Empire. If there were more fleshing out of the Stormcloak storyline, here's what I think should be able to happen:

After you take Solitude, Ulfric states quite publicly that he will not accept Kingship unless it is bestowed upon him by the moot. By this point, though, the player's character is extremely well-known within the Stormcloaks, and likely just as well-known throughout Skyrim as being one of the major factors for the sweeping Stormcloak victories; why not do some political shenanigans, and secure your place as High King? After all, you were the one to actually retrieve the Jagged Crown, not Ulfric, so the best claim to the crown comes from you, not Ulfric.

Moreover, I have a feeling that most of us that went for the Stormcloak option feel this way: that Ulfric's ideals are not in Skyrim's or Tamriel's best interest. Getting rid of Thalmor puppets is a good thing, kicking everyone that isn't a Nord out of Skyrim is not. That's not to say that the Thalmor wouldn't at least attempt infiltration of a Stormcloak-led effort to defeat them, but it'd be a damn sight better than trying to do it behind the scenes, where the Thalmor work best.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
Forsworn. Fcuk All y'All.
From what I saw, they probably have more troops too.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
kalt_13 said:
I'm joining the storm cloaks. I'm an old D&d player Talos was my favourite god from forgotten realms. As soon as I heard there was Talos in this setting as an outlawed god I knew I couldn't join the faction that banned him. So definatly no imperials for me.
You do realize by joinging the storm cloacks you will be supporting the Thalmor, which are the guys who forced the Empire to ban Talos, right? And that the prohibition on the worshipping was never enfoced until Ulfric made a big deal out of it.

For me, on my first run joined the empire because i couldnt stomach Ulfric, on my second run i wanted to join the storm cloacks, after consideration i rather not join either than fight for that guy.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I started off as stormcloaks, then I read the report on Ulfric bu the thalmor and I no lonher side with the racist, nationalist, and whatever else they are. Now I'm pro empire.

[The]Rock

Jan 12, 2011
I stupidly made my breton mage Jaskier (Wiedzmin reference [name means buttercup]) a stormcloak.
MASSIVE regret

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
You'll need all the Empire's might to defeat the Thalmor, the Stormcloaks can't win that war alone. I'll side with the Empire... for now.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
DutchAssassin8 said:
In Skyrim you can choose to either join the Empire or the Stormcloaks.
Wich one did u choose and why?

(I chose Imperial because i thought Ulfric and his band of merry men were a bunch of racist pricks. Besides that i just like the Roman empire and weaponry)
Why don't you add a poll?

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Neither. Giovanni Rosari takes the side of the highest bidder, and neither Ulfric nor Tullius seems keen to hire me.

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009
Hammerfell.

You guys seen those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
I have been avioding the Civil War quest like a plague. 2 reasons

One: I like everything as it is, and have gotten use to every heirarchy that rules over every city.

Two: I'm still not 100% sure who to side with.

spudnikl93

Apr 1, 2010
Thalmor rounding up Talos worshipers and murdering them
vs. extremely nationalistic culture with an inhospitable cold climate
so our choices are nazi germany or stalin's russia
well fuck

spudnikl93

Apr 1, 2010
well fuck

spudnikl93

Apr 1, 2010
well fuck

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Stormcloaks. The imperials tryed to kill me for no reason. Say what you want about ulfric but he welcomes me with opened arms and didn't try to kill me from GO.