Skyrim - Two months later.

zoharknight

Sep 10, 2008
Nope not really. Beat it in about a week after i got it and only booted it up once months later since. Had fun with it while i did play it though, but it hasnt really drawn me back for replays like 4 and 3 did.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
After getting 4 characters to level 30 (Tank, mage, sneaktheif, now a..sneak tank), I finally found a build I like. Heavy armor, two handed axe, sneaking and illusion. Sneak attack w/ arrows was fun at the start but it became really boring to one-shot nearly every enemy and be able to just hide in a corner. Sure, my giant axe tends to one-shot as well, but I have to get close to the enemy first, so it's slightly more challenging.

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
I'm with most people I think in that I more or less burned myself out after a month or two of nearly non-stop abuse of my system. Will probably get back into it at some point because it's as close to a perfect game as I've ever played. For the most part it was the sheer amount of different ways to entertain yourself within the game itself. Mostly this is just finding glitches to laugh at, but there's no denying the fun of saving and then ending a major city. Probably will go back to it after this, brings back good memories.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Terminate421 said:
I have two characters:

level 47 Argonian Fighter/Mage who makes decisions I would actually make

level 38 Evil Kahjiit Stormcloak who is completely evil, uses two handed weapons and heavy armor.
Hahaha, I love how you are completely evil yet join the Stormcloaks. Even if you disagree with them being a better choice (and many do), a more evil person would not join either and let the chaos and tragedy of a civil war reign for as long as possible (guards aren't going to combat the rise of the Thieves' Guild when a dragon is burning down their stable).

OT: I've started an restarted that game so many times it is ridiculous. I've played a few one-handed smiths (light or heavy armour). I made an Illusionist werewolf (nothing synergises well with werewolf, so by picking one magic tree to level and nothing else it means that you don't level too high and Beast Form remains useful (and by staying about level 20 Howl of Fear never becomes obsolete)). I also tried an Archer/Pickpocket/Illusionist but I neglected Illusion and Archery so I had 50 in each at level 30, so my first real draugr dungeon ended ... poorly.

At present I am playing an 'everything' Vampire. I need 70 Restoration for Necromage (which boosts all 'Active effects' by 25% for Vampires) and yet despite being level 20 I don't even have the skill necessary for Respite (I'm thinking of abandoning my attempts to level it with healing, and instead plan to try using Turn Lesser Undead in Bleak Falls Barrow, see how that goes). I plan to use Alchemy to boost everything (without abusing Fortify Restoration or excessive looping) so that I don't need to max every skill (if I want to use a bow, a high-powered Potion of Fortify Archery will do, just as an example, though I intend to max enchanting for the final perk)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Certainly a great game, but just a bit too easy to get burned out on. It's odd, I find it easier to go back to Dark Souls, a much more linear game. I guess it's just the combat that slightly lets Skyrim down.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I still quite enjoy it, though I did play it to death almost immediately, so it doesn't hold the same level of addiction as it did when I got it. Still enjoy it though, great game in my opinion.

Bloodastral

Sep 3, 2010
I found my character got over powered too quickly. I made a Breton wielding sword and shield and also with Conjuration magic. Got my crafting skills to 100 and made a Daedric suit with multiple enchantments and use a Daedric sword. I have a nice quest shield that absorbs 50 spell points. Absolutely nothing touches me, raising my shield pretty much negates all damage. Game over.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Meanwhile, Dark Souls is still a very, very replayable game. Want to try the bosses on NG+? Want to start again because you screwed up your first character? Want to try a speedrun? Want to try an SL1 run through? Want to PVP? Want to co-op? etc.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Still playing. Haven't beaten it yet though(I always put off the main quest as long as possible in TES games). I've got a couple of characters, but my main is A Nord by the name of Brandr. A notorious drunkard, Brandr was sentenced to death on trumped up charges of treason after he mistakenly pissed on an Imperial officer. After his daring, and entirely unintentional escape from his execution in Helgen, Brandr decided that it would be much harder for the Imperial Legion to behead him if they were all dead(he isn't a deep thinker), so he asked to join the Stormcloaks. Yarl Ulfric Stormcloak agreed to let Brandr fight, but only on the condition that he do it far, far away from the rest of the Stormcloaks; when Brandr was drunk(which is nearly always) he swung his hammer fairly indiscriminately. He spends most of his time wandering Skyrim drunk off his ass and slaughtering Imperials whenever he can get away with it.

There's more that I've done with him, but that's basically what I've been going off of whenever I try to decide how he reacts to a given situation. And that's just one character. Between the varying possibilities between characters, and the constant stream of mods, I don't see myself getting bored with this game any time soon.

Oh, and for people complaining about the combat, download Duel [http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2700]. The changes it makes aren't drastic(like Deadly Reflex was in Oblivion), but the changes make the combat a lot more fluid and enjoyable, IMO.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
I played for about 90 hours, and got to level 40ish but I havnt touched it in about a month.

I guess I just got burnt out on it, but for me, I hate having no consequences for your actions. I mean, you save the world form the big evil dragon Alduin, but absolutely NOTHING changes! You still walk outside and a guard asks if I serve the mead at the Companions Guild, even though I'm the freaking head of the order, AND saved the world.

-_-

It's a great game, and I'm glad to have supported it, but I just cant bring myself to play it anymore.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
So far I'm on my third playthrough and still discovering new quests and things to do.
So I guess that's fine. What I miss? Uhm... recognition for what I did.

Yeah, apart from the 'You're an adventurer' or 'I know who you are' I still get treated like an unkown merc by the royalty. Even though I stand in complete Daedric enchanted armor with the trinkets from the Guild Master questlines =/

Yeah... Something is amiss here.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
A Weary Exile said:
Scars Unseen said:
Simply awesome. I'm now tempted to write up a serious RP character just like this. :D
Well I'm not sure if I'd call Brandr a serious RP character... :p
That's more my Altmer spy character I've got going. I didn't mention her though because I've stopped playing her in hopes that someone makes a mod that lets you side with the Thalmor.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Now I'm back at uni I can't play it but I still want to...I have my level 54 Argonian who's wanted in every hold (bounty is over 10 000 in all of them and Solitude has a bounty of about 30k). Getting back to his house is a full on mission, though he can drop guards easily and is an expert in stealth so it's not too bad.

Then I have a level 17 breton mage girl who is pure evil but never gets caught, likes to paralyze people and then burn them alive. Charming. She's fun to play though, nothing like torturing an NPC then bringing them back and doing it again...

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Wow, reading this thread has encouraged me. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found something a bit off about the game. I'm pretty much done with it. Burnt out.

I like the game, don't get me wrong... It's just not enough to hold my attention for more than a few weeks.

Kinda sad.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I go back to it occassionally, but I'm still distracted by other things more often then not. I've put 63 hours into it according to Steam. But that includes times it was just sitting there and similar situations. Overall, I plan to keep playing it. It's fun. But I'm glad some of the 'OMG SKYRIM IS THE BEST GAME EVAR" has died down. Even if it does still seem like you can't go more then a couple of days without someone bringing it up again. I think that obsession with it many gamers had killed the game more then it killed itself for me.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Scars Unseen said:
A Weary Exile said:
Scars Unseen said:
Simply awesome. I'm now tempted to write up a serious RP character just like this. :D
Well I'm not sure if I'd call Brandr a serious RP character... :p
That's more my Altmer spy character I've got going. I didn't mention her though because I've stopped playing her in hopes that someone makes a mod that lets you side with the Thalmor.
Maybe "Serious" was the wrong word. More like "Detailed". >.>

And I kinda "Sided" with the Thalmor with my Altmer mage by supporting the Stormcloaks. Weakened Empire = opportunies for the Thalmor is how I see it, but I haven't gotten too far in the main quest.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Sarpedon said:
Are you still playing it after two months?
Nope.
I'm waiting for mods featuring hordes of challenging enemies to fight.
Also i can't get this damned ENB series to run. :|