Skyrim Will Feature Tentacle Bears ... Maybe

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Maybe it's invisible like the Uderfrykte Matron and.......

Invisible Tentacle Bears.........

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I think it looks more like something with a tentacle, and then a bear standing behind it...
But whatever.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Are you shitting me? That's obviously a mammoth with a bear behind it! You can tell they're separate from the depth of field alone.

/mega-facepalm

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Yeah, looks like if it's not a mammoth and tusks, and what not. That there is a bear BEHIND the tentacle creature.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Giantcain said:
captaincabbage said:
hansari said:
Could have been much worse...

All hail the Bearadactyl!

OT: It's obviously a mammoth with a bear behind it. You can see the other tusk buried in the snow along with the trunk.

That said, this guy in the pic pretty much summed up everything my character is going to be. I do hope armor and weapon stats are slightly more even all around, so you can finally use the weapons you want, instead of just what's better. I don't wanna use a stupid daedric sword, I want my steel longsword!
Is that a cliff-racer bear?
In the context of Elder Scrolls, that was my thinking, too.

Once you've played enough Morrowind, the threat of another cliff-racer invasion is a perpetual worry, and having them crossed with bears infinitely worse.

Meneghetti

Feb 10, 2011
lacktheknack said:
It's a bear and mammoth. That said, Bethesda should definitely incorporate a monstrosity like this.
SHH!! No! It's a BEARCTOPUS! No mammoth there! If it was a mammoth, where is his jet pack and rollers?!

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
That bear is definitely not attached to those "tentacles". The bear is behind the carcass of what I assume is (like it said in the article), a mammoth. Honestly I'm surprised they posted it on the Escapist.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
No. I don't see any tentacles. I see a tusk, but no tentacles. I also see a trunk going into the snow and a bear behind the corpse of a woolly mammoth, but i can't seem to find any tentacles...OH SHIT! TENTACLE BIRD-oh wait...that's just an ordinary bird flying over the corpse of a woolly mammoth, simple mistake, my bad.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
vansau said:
Skyrim Will Feature Tentacle Bears ... Maybe

New concept art reveals new environments and (possibly) one of the strangest monsters to ever fight a viking.

Bethesda is continuing to tease out more and more details for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, though this may be the most tantalizing reveal yet. The developer has released some new concept art for the game that shows some new, viking-oriented locales in the game. Oh, yeah, and what looks like one of the most bizarre monsters you'll ever hope to see.

Most of the art is pretty standard for fantasy RPGs, featuring medieval statues, creepy dungeons, and mountain fortresses. But the gorilla in the room is the image seen here: that's right, it features a viking getting ready to beat down a bear that's sporting tentacles. That's what it looks like, and sites are reporting it as such.

It's certainly a bizarre image, but when I threw the concept art into Photoshop and enlarged it, I realized that the image might instead be of a bear standing over the corpse of a wooly mammoth. That said, the possible tusks look a lot like fleshy tentacles, and I think a tentacle bear could be one of the coolest in-game monsters I've ever heard of.
Its a dead mamoth with a roaring bear behind it.... why do you have the need to fail this hard my friend!?

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Replace those ugly bearded Vikings with hot chicks, and you got yourself a JRPG :D

Admittedly, I haven't played that many JRPG titles (except maybe DevilMayCry) on account of most of those titles being console-exclusives ...but I mean COME ON PEOPLE! Hot chicks dressed in furs and tentacle-bears! That right there is a recepy that would put Dead or Alive to SHAME :D

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Displacer Bear!!!!!

But yeah that's totally a mammoth or something dead in the snow and a bear trying to protect its food from the viking dude.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah how did you guys mistake that for a tencacle. And even if it was a tentacle it was obvious that the bear and the thing on the ground are not the same object....sometimes ppl want things so bad they make up shit :D :D :D When i red the article in the escapist menu i was like...WTF???
dont hype things like that :D

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure that that is a corpse of some variant of a woolly mammoth, otherwise the vultures wouldn't be there.