Sleeping patterns.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
1. On the weekends I stay up until 3 AM and wake up around 9 AM.

2. I had this problem recently, I recommend trying to get yourself into bed around 2 AM so you can fall asleep hopefully before 3 AM. Then go to bed at 1:30, and so on until you're back on track. Or, just stay up so late that you're tired enough at midnight to get some sleep.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Read this wiki page on DSPS [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome]. Because of a thread Julian made a while ago, I now know that I've got that.

On a school day, I'll suffer through a good few hours trying to get to sleep through my insane thoughts, which range from going through every moment of the day to horrendous acts of brutality on random people (Like cutting a persons' head in half... seriously fucked up.)

On the weekends or holidays though, I stay up late into the morning (generally till around 6 in the morning) and sleep as long as I need (generally till about 2 or 3pm.) I'm a child of the night...

To you, I suggest running into a wall. Run into it very, very hard. Should work out.
this DSPS thing sounds RIDICULOUSLY like me... D:

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Dahni said:
Aby_Z said:
Read this wiki page on DSPS [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome]. Because of a thread Julian made a while ago, I now know that I've got that.

On a school day, I'll suffer through a good few hours trying to get to sleep through my insane thoughts, which range from going through every moment of the day to horrendous acts of brutality on random people (Like cutting a persons' head in half... seriously fucked up.)

On the weekends or holidays though, I stay up late into the morning (generally till around 6 in the morning) and sleep as long as I need (generally till about 2 or 3pm.) I'm a child of the night...

To you, I suggest running into a wall. Run into it very, very hard. Should work out.
this DSPS thing sounds RIDICULOUSLY like me... D:
Exactly what I thought when reading the page. It described my exact sleeping pattern for the past 12 years or so.

Silverhawk65

Feb 25, 2010
1. Usually From 12-1 pm to 9-10 am. i dont know why but i usually need a lot of sleep

2. try having classical music or something like that

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
1. get good sleep on weeknights, not so much on weekends

2. eat turkey to go to sleep easier

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of? I'm a certified insomniac.

1. If I'm lucky, I will go to sleep around 5AM. Just in time to get a couple hours worth before going to work or just plain waking up.

2. A good plan to do is to not sleep for an entire night. Then by 10PM, you should be fairly knackered. Once you manage to go to sleep early for a few nights, then your biological clock will tell you an appropriate time to go to bed. I hear exercise helps as well.

asdasdasdasda

Oct 17, 2009
Mine generally migrates from being "regular" at 10ish sleeping then waking up at 6 or so, then I stay up a little, and eventually I'm completely nocturnal and back again.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
1. Go to sleep at a fairly respecatable time, wake up at 2:00 AM, becuase of stress, walk about house tring to get ready for the upcomeing day, walk about in a daze, then go back to sleep.

2. Try getting more exercise, and don't stay up on the computer so late, also, give yourself at leaast an hour to wind down.

Generator

May 8, 2009
On weekdays, I tend to go to sleep between 11 and 12, and then wake up around 6. On weekends, I tend to go to sleep about the same time, but wake up closer to noon or 1. Not really healthy sleeping habits, but at least I get the recommended amount of sleep for an entire week (just not evenly spread out).

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
I go to sleep when ever I can, usually I just fall asleep on my keyboard because I find it so hard to stay in silence until I can drift off so to say.

I wake up before my alarm every day to turn it off, it's a very loud obnoxious alarm and then I truck off down to the bus stop to get my 8:15 bus to college at the moment I've no plans of sleeping but hey, who knows!

berault

Nov 5, 2009
1. My sleeping pattern is messed, to say the least, sometimes i'm asleep before midnight, other times it's not uncommon for me to be up all night and still go to school.

2. Don't eat anything before bed, only use your room for sleeping if possible, and remove any lights or anything, if possible.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Dahni said:
1. What's your sleeping pattern like? Does it change across holidays, weekends, etc?
It's kind of hazy atm. I go to sleep around 6, 7 or 8 in the morning and wake up at around 4, 5 or 6 in the afternoon.

Dahni said:
2. Any advice to give me? I'm trying to get myself a normal sleeping pattern but im struggling to get to sleep earlier than 3am, and it is not helping my school work, social life, work, anything. How can I help myself sleep at midnight-ish without getting all drugged up?
To be fair I don't know. I've found that my sleeping pattern adjusts to whatever I do and like doing at that moment. Currently I like gaming and watching movies while it's dark outside so I stay up during the night. Once I get into a more daybound activity the pattern will probably change.

So in your case, if you dislike school, you're fucked.

UnityRiot

Mar 11, 2010
I fall asleep anywhere around 12-4am on weekdays, but I wake up at 6am so it's kind of in vain. Weekends are completely random, I usually stay up until 7am or something and wake up at 2pm. It's fun.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
When I'm on holidays I go to sleep and wake up when I feel like it. To fix your sleep habits wake up earlier than usual and don't have any naps for the rest of the day. Then go to bed around 10pm-midnight and you should be all right.