Slender Review

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I wholeheartedly agree with this review

Quite an amusing little game, if you like heart attacks

Now if you'll excuse me, I have people to go scare

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
I played this game once. I was talking to someone I met like 2 weeks before on skype while playing. Let's just say that she heard my less manly side..

and what happened to the video?

yRar_972

Jan 15, 2012
I've played Slender and it does give you a fright for the first time you play it, but things get less frighting the more you play it. I'm not sure if that's just me talking to myself as I play or everyone.

As a free title, Slender is just awesome. Small download and free, unless you don't like scary games, go get this game!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Where can I download this? The websites download link don't work.
If the developer's site isn't working, you can also check out the game's fansite http://slendergame.com/ for more download links.

Sizzo

Sep 28, 2009
I was genuinely on the edge of my seat while watching the video (I'm not sure if that's a sign of the game design or my own cowardice). The thought of actually playing it is almost making my brain force me to run away like a maniac while screaming "NOPE!!"..... good review, btw!

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
And Paul Goodman was never heard from again...

Seems interesting. If I weren't such an amazingly paranoid pansy of a man, I'd likely give it a shot.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Sizzo said:
I was genuinely on the edge of my seat while watching the video (I'm not sure if that's a sign of the game design or my own cowardice). The thought of actually playing it is almost making my brain force me to run away like a maniac while screaming "NOPE!!"..... good review, btw!
Me also. We can see it is an excellent horror game. Fuck this game!

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Ah, me and my friends played this a while ago. Filmed it. Learned a lot about myself really. Turns out instead of whimpering or screaming I shout obscenities and tell Slenderman to suck my dick. Very, very scary game. The most pages I've ever found is 3.

Anybody else hate that fucking bathroom looking place? Especially the random chairs. Scariest fucking chairs in the world.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Probably true for everybody.
And its universal for all things: fear wonder sadness excitement beauty eroticism anger joy. All feelings fade if we experience them too often or about one thing. When I first played through S.T.A.L.K.E.R it was the most terrifying thing, now it only has the rare jump. Remember the first time you woke up to Christmas? Probably not as amazing subsequent times.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Does one of the pieces of paper tell you to give him $20?

In other news Slenderman fucking terrifies me, so nope, although I'm sure it's a great game.

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
Am I the only one that finds Slender unbelievably boring? You're just walking around an empty forest looking for some pages. Appearances of SlenderMan don't make this game scary, they just make it hard to complete.
And the ending makes collecting pages totally pointless, since you die anyway in the exact same way as when he catches you during gameplay. The only possible motivation for playing this game is to see what is drawn on these pages.

I also like how you can't see shit without the flashligh under clear and starry sky but can see everything perfectly fine inside a building.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Mr Companion said:
RaikuFA said:
And its universal for all things: fear wonder sadness excitement beauty eroticism anger joy. All feelings fade if we experience them too often or about one thing. When I first played through S.T.A.L.K.E.R it was the most terrifying thing, now it only has the rare jump. Remember the first time you woke up to Christmas? Probably not as amazing subsequent times.
You quoted the wrong guy...

Was confused at first.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Mr Companion said:
RaikuFA said:
You quoted the wrong guy...

Was confused at first.
Yeah I meant it for yRAR_972 but I must have missclicked XD
I wont bother editing it though its funnier this way.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I´ve seen a few Let`s Plays of it, and yeah, it looks very, very scary, even if it`s not graphically brilliant. Hell, even that home page of theirs freaks me out...
But screw it, might as well try it out.
I mean, what`s the worst that can happen?

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
I tried to download it and all it gave me was some uncompresser and a lot of toolbar spam. What am I doing wrong?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
just saying slender can spawn before you find the first page, just wanted to correct that error.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Does one of the pieces of paper tell you to give him $20?
Funny you should mention that...
If you beat the game on all the different game modes (I think there's only 2) you unlock a mode called "20 Dollar Mode" and in it when you look at Slender Man a song called "Give me 20 Dollars" starts playing, instead of static, here's a video for reference (stuff starts happening about 1:00 in, best example at about 3:00 in)