Smash player ZeRo admits to sending inappropriate messages to minors.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That doesn't make it any more wrong than the article on how 2+2=4. I'm just saying it sounds like there is more to 'incel' culture than simply not having sex
So, you're saying it's like a dogwhistle for people who know what the word "really" means, whereas people who just take the portmanteau at face value can't hear it?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Fuck the Quartering. He ain't a pedo, but the dude is not as good as he believes he is. He has huge issues with women, so it's hypocritical on his end. I did not even know about his reportings, because I don't follow assholes like him.
I don't really play magic much any more but that quartering dude used to just be a magic the gathering channel before he was politicized during the trump election times. Back before he just like opened packs and stuff, not much anything political. Anyhow, he did a really good series of reportings that revealed acting judges in mtg tourneys that were either convicted pedos (wizard apparently wasn't doing any sex offender registry checks) or active pedos and he got a lot of skeevy judges removed from having access to kids at tourneys. He had insider connections and had people from wizards leaking things to him all the time so it was all real and got wizards to update its rules for judges. Then wizards got him banned from magic for giving them bad publicity so he leaned harder on his political coverage which is not what he was initially doing, but which also wasn't enough to undo the goodwill earned by the older viewers either unless you're someone who can't stand hearing dissenting opinions politically in your entertainment, which I certainly am not.

I don't care for republican opinions and he has a lot of them but those are to me less significant than his right opinions about gaming and art and so on. So yeah a lot of people will mention he may come off as sexist and so on (though I do find his get woke go broke saying humorous) but to me that's not important in a channel about gaming or cards and what have you, what I want out of the dude is to respect the art and not try and condemn good games for not matching your political message, which he always does.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anyhow, he did a really good series of reportings that revealed acting judges in mtg tourneys that were either convicted pedos (wizard apparently wasn't doing any sex offender registry checks) or active pedos and he got a lot of skeevy judges removed from having access to kids at tourneys. He had insider connections and had people from wizards leaking things to him all the time so it was all real and got wizards to update its rules for judges. Then wizards got him banned from magic for giving them bad publicity so he leaned harder on his political coverage which is not what he was initially doing
I do thank him for doing that. Sucks that Wizards are bunch of cowards that can't stop shady shit right in front them or try ditch someone helping them just to save their own pathetic hide.

but which also wasn't enough to undo the goodwill earned by the older viewers either unless you're someone who can't stand hearing dissenting opinions politically in your entertainment, which I certainly am not.

I don't care for republican opinions and he has a lot of them but those are to me less significant than his right opinions about gaming and art and so on. So yeah a lot of people will mention he may come off as sexist and so on (though I do find his get woke go broke saying humorous) but to me that's not important in a channel about gaming or cards and what have you, what I want out of the dude is to respect the art and not try and condemn good games for not matching your political message, which he always does.
Too bad he's just another loudmouth know-nothing-know-it-all that is telling you how to think. Another sensationalists conspiracy theory spouting jerk off that thinks they're the "good guy" and everyone else is wrong, out to get them, or misguided. I rarely had patience for assholes like him on YT back then, and I sure have none for them now. Your story reminds me of Rich from ReviewTech USA. He use to cover gaming and pc gadgets and accessories before becoming another tabloid sensationalists news jack off. When he encouraged that another YouTube user should be harassed for wearing a Yoshi hat at Nintendo E3 2014, I lost all respect for him and ditched the dick. What's worse, people took the man's attack as good advice and started harassing and sending death threats to said user (Yoshiller). Rich and harasser's justifications was Yoshiller would bring a bad name/representation to gamer, when he did nothing wrong and acted normal in the news interview. They were the monsters/demons being the worst of gamers, not Yoshiller. I refuse give people like Rich or the Quartering any support if they're no better, and in many cases, worst than the people they are fighting against. They are not taking this man's valuable time.

EDIT: Also any guy that encourages or enables the harassment or sexual harassament of women for having a different opinion is a coward in my book and not worth viewing. Whatever artistic views Quartering has about gaming falls flat and is not worth seeing him. You waste your time looking at that. They're plenty of YouTubers who do the job way better than him.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I do thank him for doing that. Sucks that Wizards are bunch of cowards that can't stop shady shit right in front them or try ditch someone helping them just to save their own pathetic hide.

Too bad he's just another loudmouth know-nothing-know-it-all that is telling you how to think. Another sensationalists conspiracy theory spouting jerk off that thinks they're the "good guy" and everyone else is wrong, out to get them, or misguided. I rarely had patience for assholes like him on YT back then, and I sure have none for them now. Your story reminds me of Rich from ReviewTech USA. He use to cover gaming and pc gadgets and accessories before becoming another tabloid sensationalists news jack off. When he encouraged that another YouTube user should be harassed for wearing a Yoshi hat at Nintendo E3 2014, I lost all respect for him and ditched the dick. What's worse, people took the man's attack as good advice and started harassing and sending death threats to said user (Yoshiller). Rich and harasser's justifications was Yoshiller would bring a bad name/representation to gamer, when he did nothing wrong and acted normal in the news interview. They were the monsters/demons being the worst of gamers, not Yoshiller. I refuse give people like Rich or the Quartering any support if they're no better, and in many cases, worst than the people they are fighting against. They are not taking this man's valuable time.

EDIT: Also any guy that encourages or enables the harassment or sexual harassament of women for having a different opinion is a coward in my book and not worth viewing. Whatever artistic views Quartering has about gaming falls flat and is not worth seeing him. You waste your time looking at that. They're plenty of YouTubers who do the job way better than him.
I definitely think that there's something wrong if you go to youtubers for thought-leaders. Then again I am fundamentally against the concept of a thought leader in the first place and look down on people who don't think for themselves. Either way, it's people's responsibility to watch things they find interesting and then remain uncorrupted by them.

It's not like I'm a fan of the dude, I just know of the good that came in the magic judge program so to negate that because of someone's political opinions that don't really manifest in reality in any conretely provable way feels highly unfair. Basically you have kids being palpably saver vs randoms online being made to feel bad for a minute, not really the same thing.

People have the tendency to only listen to the right things if they're said by the right source. I just listen to the right things no matter who they're being said by. If I agree with something someone says, paying attention to the things I disagree with is a distraction. I just simply don't bother caring about those other things and just pay attention to the aspect I find worthwhile. It's not any less worthy because it is being accompanied by crap. The mona lisa is still the mona lisa even if every other painting in the museum around it was drawn by a toddler. I think it's much more healthy to acknowledge when someone does something good and give it its fair credit. Otherwise one ends like the people who can't take Jim Sterling corporate criticism seriously because of his political opinions. You can disagree with the guy's opinions but his game developer criticism is top notch either way.

Long story short, it's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without holding it. If someone is radicalized by one too many quartering vids, my vitriol is gonna be aimed at that person's mental midgetry.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
In it, he admitted to sending messages to two people he later found out were minors and continuing to send suggestive messages after discovering the age of one of the women.
Well are they women or minors? No wonder he was confused, even the article can't seem to keep it straight.

Nah, I'm with BrawlMan, stop calling people incels when you're just using the word as a synonym for asshole.
I'm against the term also. There's nothing wrong with celibacy, I don't see why it should be used as an insult involuntary or no.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Either way, it's people's responsibility to watch things they find interesting and then remain uncorrupted by them.
Someone like the Quartering knows this and doesn't care as long as it gets him views. He prefers having corrupted people who can't thinks for themselves. Hence why he's a total scumbag and the people follow him mindlessly. It his responsibility to not act like a total douche, but people like him rarely ever change for the better.

People have the tendency to only listen to the right things if they're said by the right source. I just listen to the right things no matter who they're being said by. If I agree with something someone says, paying attention to the things I disagree with is a distraction. I just simply don't bother caring about those other things and just pay attention to the aspect I find worthwhile. It's not any less worthy because it is being accompanied by crap. The mona lisa is still the mona lisa even if every other painting in the museum around it was drawn by a toddler. I think it's much more healthy to acknowledge when someone does something good and give it its fair credit. Otherwise one ends like the people who can't take Jim Sterling corporate criticism seriously because of his political opinions. You can disagree with the guy's opinions but his game developer criticism is top notch either way.

Long story short, it's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without holding it. If someone is radicalized by one too many quartering vids, my vitriol is gonna be aimed at that person's mental midgetry.
That's nice and all, but when you start doing or encouraging shady shit, you no longer have the high moral ground. You have your points, but people like him don't care. The Quartering only cares about his pathetic "truths" and the with me or against me attitude. So as far as I'm concerned, he can fuck off. As my great grandma used to say "See a fool; leave a fool".

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Something that this conversation is making clear to me is that I have a difficult time placing either Dreiko or Brawlman in an easy classifications for their world views, which I find very reassuring.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Something that this conversation is making clear to me is that I have a difficult time placing either Dreiko or Brawlman in an easy classifications for their world views, which I find very reassuring.
Most people are complex or have a complex side to them. All I care about kindness and respect when it is given and due. And following my own set of standards. Not everyone can be put in simple classifications, nor is not always the best methods.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Haha, I'd hope that was the case. Blind allegiance to any ideology is the path to fanaticism.

What I take away from this that really matters is that both him and I have a good taste in anime. XD

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
You just aren't reducing hard enough. Anybody can be boiled down to their constituent ideologies with a little effort! You just need more practice.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Most people are complex or have a complex side to them. All I care about kindness and respect when it is given and due. And following my own set of standards. Not everyone can be put in simple classifications, nor is not always the best methods.
Indeed. However many people are repressed or repress themselves to eliminate the nuances of their views for greater conformity with those that share those views. It's disheartening when one sees this so seeing individuality makes me happy.