Snap Response - What in your immediate area...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
...is the nerdiest thing you personally own?

Judge what is closest by your ability reach out and touch it without leaving the computer!

*goes over to pile of books n' things on desk*

Oh hey, my Yu-Gi-Oh card binder! :D

Alright Escapist, your turn. I'm expecting a wide variety of responses.

What's the closest nerdy thing within arms reach?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
My "Daredevil Yellow" comic book. It's in my bag since I've been reading it between classes, and I have my bag next to me while I'm on my laptop on my otherwise pretty much empty dining room table.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
A half complete totally custom Gundam model of mine. The Really nerdy part? It's a copy of the original unit. Kyuubi No Kitsune Gundam! It sports nine tails made up of shield bits, GN fangs, and rifle bits, all attached to an array of nine GN drives. It's made up from parts of lots of units, but it's body is the 00 Quan[T], 1.5 Gundam, and Gaia Gundam.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess that would be my Miku Hatsune nendoroid figure.

Thing is, while I have listen to her couple of her songs but I don't consider myself to be a fan, I just thought that figure was so cute I had to buy one!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Well, I currently don't have most of my nerdy stuff with me, so that limits my options immensely, but I do own the box collection of the Scott Pilgrim books. I liked the story in them more than how it went in the movie, but I think the movie is still phenomenal and did a very good job of capturing the feel of the comics (especially considering the comics weren't finished when the movie was made).

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
A book on my bookshelf, The Art of the Mass Effect Universe.

I don't actually own much nerdy stuff. Hell, I don't how a great deal of stuff period.

Aug 31, 2012
A bunch of old manga comics from the mid-late 90's I'm selling on ebay. They're too far away to touch, but I can just see them. I suppose otherwise it would be my computer, would that count?

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
The Delorean from Back to the Future LEGO model complete with minifigures Doc and Marty Mcfly

Other than that I suppose the glasses on my head..?

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Depends on what Nerdy is

I have no "escapist" things on my desk, no games or such, though there is a picture from Doom 3 standing on the corner of my desk
However, based on Oxfords second definition of nerd, i could mention my fossils, knives or padlock collection
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/nerd?q=nerdy#nerd__19

captcha:
Dont count on it

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Street Fighter Minifigures..

Vega and RYU are the only ones in arm's reach though.
ALSO Next to me on the couch is ...

EDIT: Though finding this Axis and Allies Japan Yamato ship board game piece in the sofa just now might be the nerdiest.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Zykon TheLich said:
A bunch of old manga comics from the mid-late 90's I'm selling on ebay. They're too far away to touch, but I can just see them. I suppose otherwise it would be my computer, would that count?
I built my computer INTO my couch so I guess I am sitting on my nerdy computer? HAHAHA!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Probably my computer mouse, seeing as it's already in my hand. Either that or my new glasses.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I'd have to say YuGiOh cards too. My boyfriend was given boxes and binders full of them, we have about 10 000 cards. That's the closest nerdy thing to me at the moment. That and my PS4. But that's on the same shelf.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Within arms reach? I guess it's tie between the gold Zelda theme 3DS (the old one) and the Mac Pro case I converted to hold AXT PC parts.

Wakey87

Sep 20, 2011
I keep my desk pretty much spotless, so theres nothing but a monitor and speakers infront of me. I do have a wall off anime and manga behind me tho so I guess the closest thing would be a Yuru Yuri artbook as it juts out the most.