Snap Response - What in your immediate area...

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Nothing within arm's reach, but in the room with me...
The closest nerdy thing would probably be, like two above posters, Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Bleh, I still need two copies of Denko Sekka [http://yugiohprices.com/card_price?name=Denko+Sekka] and a Dante [http://yugiohprices.com/card_price?name=Dante%2C+Traveler+of+the+Burning+Abyss] to finish my deck... At least it's not as expensive as Magic.
On the other hand, the nerdiest thing in the room is definitely my exhaustive collection of tabletop RPG sourcebooks: I've got big-name ones, like Dungeons & Dragons, Shadowrun, and World of Darkness, and more obscure ones, like Honor & Intrigue, Dungeon World and Ironclaw.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Two things:

1. An ocarina made to look like the ocarina of time.
2. A no.2 badge from the prisoner. I intend to use this for cosplay some day, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Hmm, this is probably unfair as I'm sitting right next to entire storage containers full of nerd stuff. I mean, I got Anniversary Prime, at least 4-5 different Arcees, G1 Sludge, Astrotrain, Ramjet, Danger Girl figures, a giant toy helicopter from back in the day when 21st Century Toys made a Little Bird [http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OGnxdmxTL.jpg] for their 12" figures...a sealed black copy of Final Fantasy X-2, which I will never open, let alone play...

A compact Chococat [http://cdn2.thegloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Chococat-compact.jpg] mirror that I use to see the inputs behind my PC...

And sitting right in front of me is

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Probably my hardback copy of CLRS [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_Algorithms]. Over 1,000 pages of algorithms written by professors from Dartmouth, Columbia and MIT.

It currently resides on my bedroom desk alongside Katz and Lindell's Introduction to Modern Cryptography, Brynjolfsson and McAfee's The Second Machine Age, my personal copy of my Master's thesis, my collection of Nanoblock sets and Nerf guns, half a billion other non-CS books/CDs/DVDs that I haven't gotten round to clearing up yet, various academic papers, notepads that may or may not have been used, some important documents that I should probably be storing in my collection of important documents as opposed to just my desk, and a Parrot minidrone.

My desk is a little bit cluttered right now, I will admit.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Either the couple of Nerf guns I bought when zombies was a big thing at my university or the Sam and Max Season 1 collection that I found in a video store by chance.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I'm in bed using my laptop.

If I'm allowed to spin around I think I might be able to shuffle over my Mage: the Awakening Core Book.

Captcha: Long in the tooth ...

No. Silly captcha. I can reach the Mage core, not Werewolf. 'Course I could play a Thyrsus ...

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Nerdy... Alright... Nerdy...

*Looks around.*

My... Computer? I don't have much for decoration here. Does a duct tape wallet count? A Wacom tablet I don't know how to use? I have a few 10 and 15lb weights? Uuhhh, Uuuhhh~ Zingy Zap candies? OH! Ha! My X-com Long War squadsheet! Lists the classes and names of people in each of my 6 squads of 8 people! Also has little check-boxes if they're the commander, wounded, MEC or Psychic. Made it myself. ^.^

All of my nerdy stuff is in digital format. Behind me is a lemon snout my girlfriend made some time back, and all of my tabletop rulebooks are PDF's. I have Unknown armies, Shadowrun, DnD4, and Numenara, in order of "I understand it! to "I have no idea what I'm looking at." I used to have graph paper for plotting out Minecraft bases too, but I can't recall where those went.

I'm not nerdy enough for here. :<

Sep 9, 2007
That would either be a stack of Warhammer 40K novels (Two Ciaphas Cain Omnibuses [Hero of The Imperium and Defender of the Imperium] and a Gaunt's Ghosts omnibus [The Founding]) or a battered looking graphing book that's half full of designs for Minecraft and Timber and Stone.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
Nerdy? alright that would probably be some of my Tomb kings that are in reach from where im sitting although i have to open a door to reach them. if that disqualifies them it would be a half assembled Necron flyer on my desk.

Jesus McChrist

Feb 18, 2010
Nothing within arm's reach, but several things in the room all about equal distance from me. Nerdiest is easily the whole mess of Magic cards. Honorable mentions go to the containers of sorted Lego sets I haven't finished putting together again, my copies of the Book of Cain and the Book of Tyrael, and my collected volume of Scud: The Disposable Assassin.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
A trilby (go ahead, shoot me), a Final Fantasy X-2 scroll poster with Rikku in front (gurl got curves) and a Logitech G600 mouse.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
My 3DS? If you caught me at home, I would have said my copy of Hyrule Historia or Boss Monster, which is a retro-gaming-themed card game.

TranshumanistG

Sep 24, 2014
An AirGear manga omnibus. Although, I'm not sure if it being in English(but still in right-to left format!) disqualifies it. If so, I'll use the Casio Electronic Keyboard as back-up.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
My copy of Citizen Kane. Err, my two shelves of comic books. Err, print T-Shirts! Hmm, my collection of Scott Pilgrim, Original and Color.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
The closest nerdy things to me are my PS2 and PS3 and the games that go with them. We're I elsewhere in my room there are other thing that could be kind of considered nerdy, but I am not elsewhere in my room at the moment.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
My life-size replica Tom Servo and my actually used in the show all-black Crow T. Robot. He's all black because during the silhouette movie watching, they had all black puppets just to make sure the silhouette were as dark as possible.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
My 22 volumes of Berserk, the complete 6 volumes of Akira, the official Giger's Alien art book, and the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Collection.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Gotta be the figurine of Saber (from Fate/Stay Night). Runners-up include my D&D 3.5 rulebooks, a few thousand magic cards (just the ones within reach, mind), a sword, and piles of fantasy/sci-fi books.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Right now, my iPod Touch, or the laptop itself. That's because I'm sitting at the table in the lounge/dining room, supposed to be writing a workplace report for university. If I was in my bedroom, however, then it would probably be any of my anime DVDs (I currently have Professor Layton, Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Halo Legends). Or the (so far unread) latest volumes of Deadman Wonderland on my bookshelf...

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
My Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 comic. Not the nerdiest thing in my room, but the only one within reach. If we could extent that I'd probably say my anime/comic posters or comic/manga collection.