Sneak Peak of New Predator Movie

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
17,672
0
0
Sneak Peak of New Predator Movie

Robert Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal, producer and director of the movie Predators [http://www.amazon.com/Predator-Ultimate-Hunter-Blu-ray-Schwarzenegger/dp/B003L16FAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278969299&sr=1-1], have shown the first footage from the film at the South by South West Festival.


Sadly, it's only a couple of minutes, but there's still plenty in there. Rodriguez admits that trying to upstage the original Arnold Schwarzenegger move would be a fool's errand, so took the film in another direction.

The footage, set in dark and creepy jungle, looks like it is taking the series back to its roots, while expanding on the mythos and adding something new to the mix. It's an interesting watch, not just to see parts of the movie, but to get a sense of the philosophy that has gone into making it.

Predators is released on July 7th.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5492532/2-minutes-of-footage-from-robert-rodriguezs-new-predators]


Permalink
 

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
4,190
0
0
Oh so that guy from the Matrix is gonna be in it. Well... Should be good. What do you think Calumon?

Calumon: I think we should get Ice cream.
 

MurderousToaster

New member
Aug 9, 2008
3,074
0
0
I may go to see this, it looks like it may be enjoyable and exciting. Also, is it just me or does Laurence Fishbourne speak very quietly in his roles?
 

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
6,933
0
0
MurderousToaster said:
I may go to see this, it looks like it may be enjoyable and exciting. Also, is it just me or does Laurence Fishbourne speak very quietly in his roles?
It's because if he spoke any louder his awesomeness would cause your skull to implode.
 

That's Funny

New member
Jul 20, 2009
805
0
0
It's looks interesting, my only problem is, however, are they going to be mowing down predators? Because if they are then I fear they might have made the predators weaker, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
 

GrinningManiac

New member
Jun 11, 2009
4,090
0
0
Awesome.

My concern is that, with so many preadators chasin' them, the Predators in this film will either completley destroy all the humans in the first ten minutes, or they'll be a very weak bunch of wannabe predators that screw up all the time
 

Gunner 51

New member
Jun 21, 2009
1,218
0
0
I'll admit this is one film I may venture into the cinema to see. I just hope it's not going to be a watered down mess like AvP was. Let's hope this film does better. :)
 

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
756
0
0
I'm not a big fan of Predator, but I definitely can't await for this to be in my local bargain bin!
 

BlueHighwind

New member
Jan 24, 2010
363
0
0
Why isn't this just Predator 3? There was nothing wrong with the Predator movies - on their own. It was when they started pairing them off with the Alien franchise, which had long since collapsed, that things started going bad. Why does everything need to be rebootted?

Well, to me, this is definitely "Predator 3".
 

AvsJoe

New member
May 28, 2009
9,055
0
0
I'm purposely not going to watch this clip. Nor am I going to follow any updates on the movie and I hope to avoid the trailer in the coming months (this'll take luck; I'm sure plenty of theater chains will be showing these trailers soon). I want to walk into this movie knowing nothing more than the cast. I'll get a more pure experience that way.
 

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
5,202
0
0
Cpt_Oblivious said:
MurderousToaster said:
I may go to see this, it looks like it may be enjoyable and exciting. Also, is it just me or does Laurence Fishbourne speak very quietly in his roles?
It's because if he spoke any louder his awesomeness would cause your skull to implode.
Just like Morgan Freeman.

I'm mildly enthused for this movie now. It looks like an actual attempt to do something GOOD with the series.
 

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
4,202
0
0
YAY, I'm in it!
<-- see!

That will be awesome, I promise guys, I won't fail you.
 

JokerCrowe

New member
Nov 12, 2009
1,430
0
0
seems exciting! I just hope that there isn't just one hero and all the others characters are just squirty puchingbags to be delt with in the most viceral way. Like the first Alien vs Predator. you get to know like 25 (pretty interesting) people and within 30 minutes everyone's dead except 2 guys (who weren't really the most intereting ones either). that sucked : (

EDIT: the guy on the front of the clip kind of looks like Bear Grylls! Ultmate Survial indeed...
 

bjj hero

New member
Feb 4, 2009
3,180
0
0
I need this film to be good. Having said that, can you see yourself quoting it a decade later like the original?
 

j0z

New member
Apr 23, 2009
1,762
0
0
That said:
It's looks interesting, my only problem is, however, are they going to be mowing down predators? Because if they are then I fear they might have made the predators weaker, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
GrinningManiac said:
Awesome.

My concern is that, with so many preadators chasin' them, the Predators in this film will either completley destroy all the humans in the first ten minutes, or they'll be a very weak bunch of wannabe predators that screw up all the time
Understandable, and much like what happened between Alien and Aliens. But I have some high hopes, it can't be worse than the AVP movies, and it looks like it will be a return to the classic Predator, only with less Arnold. I'm excited, and the best part of it is, when this comes out, I will actually be able to go see it! (that is, if they keep it R and not some watered down PG-13 movie like AVP was)