Sniping is officially WORTHLESS in Black Ops

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
PurpleSky said:
[HEADING=3] BLACK OPS IS NOT A NEW GAME , IT'S JUST ANOTHER FPS, AND A VIRAL ONE AT THAT, WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT? [/HEADING]

seriously you people will argue over fruit and vegetables in the supermarket, it's JUST a fps

and I played it it's nothing to care about, unless you were dumb enough to pay 60$ and expected something else
Just because you did not like the game does not mean others will share your opinion. We can talk about the story, the settings, the characters, the graphics, the multiplayer, and/or the zombie mode. You did not like and don't want to talk about CoD: Black Ops and that is fine. Do not get mad at people that do like it and don't get mad at the people that do want to talk about it.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
RanD00M said:
Phoenixmgs said:
The only CoD I ever bought was CoD4. I never bought WaW or MW2 and I only played them at my cousin's house for a few hours. Check my trophies if you want, my PSN is Phoenixmgs. I don't own a 360 either.
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. You're complaining about something that makes a game more balanced in a game that you don't even own?
I fail to see the logic in that.
What I'm trying to argue is that the means don't justify the ends (and the ends could've been better as well). Quickscoping was abused, I know this. But the thing actually being exploited was aim assist. I think it's just plain bullshit that when you scope and target someone, you have to wait a second or two to shoot. Once I get the crosshairs on someone I better be able to fucking shot and the bullet better go where I aimed. There's many ways Treyarch could've resolved the quickscoping issue: making the scope animation longer, fixing aim assist, having sniper rifles not one hit kill unless it's a headshot (or maybe an upper torso shot), and I'm sure there's a few others. Treyarch took the laziest way out in my opinion, and they did break sniping. In every game (offline or online) I've every played, I snipe by quickscoping to a degree; I look over the battlefield with the normal camera, then when I see an enemy I scope in on them and shoot, I don't hardscope and I never will unless a game is trying to be a sniping simulator or something and you gotta take your time because there's wind and gravity physics involved.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
gof22 said:
PurpleSky said:
[HEADING=3] BLACK OPS IS NOT A NEW GAME , IT'S JUST ANOTHER FPS, AND A VIRAL ONE AT THAT, WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT? [/HEADING]

seriously you people will argue over fruit and vegetables in the supermarket, it's JUST a fps

and I played it it's nothing to care about, unless you were dumb enough to pay 60$ and expected something else
Just because you did not like the game does not mean others will share your opinion. We can talk about the story, the settings, the characters, the graphics, the multiplayer, and/or the zombie mode. You did not like and don't want to talk about CoD: Black Ops and that is fine. Do not get mad at people that do like it and don't get mad at the people that do want to talk about it.
It's not as interesting as other games, that's what I'm saying, and people make threads about it before even reading the ones that exist already.

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
IMO this is better sniping, it pretty much forces you to sit back away from the fighting and hard scope. its not broken, in fact i would kinda say its been fixed since MW2, i cant count the number of times ive raged because of a quick scoper being more efficient at close range than a player with a shotgun.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Looks like I was right about sniping being worthless in Blacks Ops when I didn't even play the fucking game. The fact that you have to wait 2-3 seconds after scoping to shoot where your crosshairs are is just plain bullshit, I knew that immediately when I read about it and saw it. About a week after the game has come out, snipers (not quickscopers) are complaining that sniping is worthless in Black Ops:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.244955-Sniping-in-Black-Ops

So I ask again, why support a developer when they purposefully break a legitimate playstyle?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Phoenixmgs said:
Looks like I was right about sniping being worthless in Blacks Ops when I didn't even play the fucking game. The fact that you have to wait 2-3 seconds after scoping to shoot where your crosshairs are is just plain bullshit, I knew that immediately when I read about it and saw it. About a week after the game has come out, snipers (not quickscopers) are complaining that sniping is worthless in Black Ops:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.244955-Sniping-in-Black-Ops

So I ask again, why support a developer when they purposefully break a legitimate playstyle?
Treyarch made sniping a bit more difficult. I understand that how that would make people mad but at the same time it makes them try different strategies and weapons. It is not a game breaking thing, people can still snipe in Black Ops. They just have to make sure they have the person in their sights first before pulling the trigger.

People don't really need a sniper rifle to snipe. If they attach one of the scopes in the game to an assault rifle they can pretty much snipe with that.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
gof22 said:
People don't really need a sniper rifle to snipe. If they attach one of the scopes in the game to an assault rifle they can pretty much snipe with that.
That's the problem. ARs can snipe more effectively than sniper rifles.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Phoenixmgs said:
gof22 said:
That's the problem. ARs can snipe more effectively than sniper rifles.
I would not say they are more effective. People still have to deal with the recoil of the assault rifle and since the scopes do not zoom in as much as sniper rifles do they have to get closer to hit their target. I don't really see the big deal in quick scoping being taken out of Black Ops. From what I heard many people thought it was cheap and that they wanted it taken out.