Sniping is officially WORTHLESS in Black Ops

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Cingal said:
Given Assault Rifles are extremely effective at any range, I don't why people are so upset when another weapon is too.

Only balance, right?
they're balancing the sniper rifle with the shogun as the speciality weapons they are.
one is of long range, the other is for short range.
so, cope with it, or don the ACOG, like you should if you're going to be using the gun where it doesn't belong.
AR/SMG/LMG are general purpose, but AR is better longer range, SMG better shorter range and higher mobility, LMG better for non-mobile firing.
snipers are for sniping at range, and the shotgun for very close range fighting.
speciality guns are better when used as they belong, but aren't general use.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I've been playing all day again today, and I have yet to see a single sniper in any match I've played. You know snipers are bad when EVERYONE agrees that they're worthless. There is no Black Ops map where camp sniping is effective, and aggressive sniping is completely dead thanks to Treyarch.

Patiently awaiting the patch that makes them usable again.

hobo_welf

Aug 15, 2008
viper3 said:
hobo_welf said:
Double Edit: I'm actually still not done ranting. Every gun class was rigged in MW2, there's no reason to come down hard on people for sniping. Assault Rifles had the ACR, which practically fired fucking laser beams, and the SCAR, which punched holes in everything to devastating effect. LMGs had the RPD which has more stopping power than a train and the AUG which has almost no recoil for a machine gun. Shottys had more rigged akimbo bullshit than you can shake a stick at, let alone extended mags AA-12 shenanigans. With pistols you could dual wield Deagles and .44 revolvers without breaking your arms, and we aren't even going to get into damage done with dual UMPs or Raffickas. Seriously people sniper rifles need to be able to quickscope because it's their own brand of bad ass, every class has it.

That's just scratching the surface too, we could talk about One Man Army and infinite rocket launcher faggotry. Shut the fuck up about sniper rifles, game mechanics get abused no matter how 'realistic' they are.
And everything you just mentioned has either been fixed, taken out, or ballanced, including quickscoping. It's just laughable how you all seem to think that you're the majoirty here and that everyone else is just jealous of your 1337 #4x0r skills, no, you're not the majority, and the people got what they wanted, so either snipe like a man or use something else. It's not game breaking, it's not a personal attack, it's ballancing to make the game more enjoyable, if that leads to less 360 quick scope montages on youtube, then so be it, but for now, go and watch Machinema directors ***** and moan about it for a month before they realise that the game is better for it.
What? Wait... what? I'm confused, but we'll start with your spelling of balancing and realize. Or maybe we'll just leave that alone. My point is that Treyarch actually broke their bullet physics to gimp a specific playstyle. I never said that I played like that, actually I made it a point to try and show several ways to absolutely devastate quickscopers. And don't even pretend that Black Ops is balanced, give it a few weeks and people will figure out how to manipulate the system to be rigged. It's completely inevitable, and you'll be bitching about how you got owned by somebody doing something else rigged.

Ultimately developers shouldn't waste their time trying to add balance to a game like that because the fans that complain (like yourself), are the ones who are gonna find shit to complain about. It's what makes you happy :)

I mean really, why would you go out and try and make a strategy to beat people who quickscope (like the rest of us), when you can just go ***** about it to the devs until they break a game mechanic for you. It takes so much less effort.

Edit: Also, majority. When you want people to take you seriously, you should learn to spell properly. It's actually super important, I promise.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
Couldn't read through 20 pages to see if this was posted before but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJlMCLOddmk&feature=sub
You can clearly see quick scoping is still doable (Which isn't even a big deal, any try hard that tries to quick scope the entire game will lose)

IbanezLaney

Apr 4, 2010
LOL - OP has the answer to why people are supporting the game a few lines into his own post.
Here tis again :
"Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We're specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!" - Josh Olin

They don't want people like you playing as they would prefer a decent community of skilled players.

To simplify it for the OP - If you can't aim, stop playing fps games.

Same reason you don't see many 3-4 year olds playing fps. Like you, they just don't have reflexes or motor skills to do it.

If you want something more for your skill level - Farmville is that way ------>

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
I played Black Ops for the first time today and found the lack of being sniped every other minute rather refreshing.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Taxman1 said:
Couldn't read through 20 pages to see if this was posted before but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJlMCLOddmk&feature=sub
You can clearly see quick scoping is still doable (Which isn't even a big deal, any try hard that tries to quick scope the entire game will lose)
Well this video disproves the whole thread.

Auric

Dec 7, 2009
Eh, quickscoping was never that hard anyway. Quite frankly it needed a nerf, though the 2-3 seconds thing does seem a bit excessive.

0.5 seconds or less seems more like it.

SuperTim

Mar 12, 2010
Yeah.........no offence (offence must be taken)
But it always takes me at least 5 seconds to aim and shoot a guy, and that's probably because i'm a "noob" but it just means you have more patience to get head shots and what not doesn't it?

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
the mods must have had a fuuuuuuunnnn time reading all this whining and namecalling. jesus. if i wanted this much drama about the sniper rifles in Black Ops, then i'd go play black ops.

hey... that's A WONDERFUL IDEA!

*leaves*

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
honestly its not that bad, the dragonuv sniper is not that good, but the other snipers are pretty decent

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Well, this does make gun game a bit harder, but other than that I still think 2-3 seconds is a bit much, even though I barely snipe in BlOps.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
OH NO THE MOST OP 'TACTIC' IN THE GAME IS GONE, NOW I HAVE TO USE A SNIPER FOR SNIPING
THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER

A Playful Shark

May 26, 2009
Why does everyone act like a gun expert? I guess if someone comes up on you while you have a sniper rifle you should just give up. The bullets aren't lethal until they travel 100 yards.

Quickscoping wasn't an instant "pick up a sniper and win every game" tactic.
Don't act like you went 30-2 the first time you tried it (if you ever even tried it).
If you didn't try it, why are you arguing it takes no skill? How would you know?

I never did it much, and never really had a problem with others using it against me.
Most of the time it's just some idiot trying to be cool, and they can't pull it off.
Quickscoping wasn't even that much of an issue.