So Apperently The Muppets Are Communists... Yeah.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
girzwald said:
And what if kermit said "Just another rich man, trying to trample over the proletariat!" Would you then say "wow, that is communist, and that's bad"?
I wouldn't. Mostly because I have no knee-jerk reaction towards communism.

Furthermore, if Kermit phrased it to sound less like something a teenager midst-revolt would say (Perhaps "Just another businessman exploiting the poor" or something less coloured), I wouldn't see an issue, and I don't understand why I should.

Feb 13, 2008
BRex21 said:
If you like i could give you some pointers on internet sarcasm, but honestly this reeks of someone backpedalling on something by crying it was just a joke.
Really? You could give me some hints on sarcasm? That would be so super!

By the way though, if I'm accusing, I tend to point to the person. Insinuation is something else entirely.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I think the Alexandra Petri thing is a satire. At least, I hope it is...

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
oww i was looking for a "in soviet russia" meme with the muppets...
didnt find :(
idiots...
also: 3:05 why cant liberals leave kids alone? XD
and they should have the food stamp muppet... they totally should...
again... idiots...

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Callate said:
Saw the headline; immediately went, "Let me guess. Fox News?"

Fox News is evil. If Fox News is intentionally your primary source of news, you desperately need some remedial classes in journalism, science, and logic. You should also have your voter registration card burned.

Please don't blame America exclusively for this malarkey, though. We inherited Murdoch after he had already spread his talons in Australia and the U.K....
He's an Aussie who wasn't able to get far thanks to our media control laws (thank god for them), and thus moved on looking for a place he has no restrictions, ala USA.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
RicoADF said:
Callate said:

Fox News is evil. If Fox News is intentionally your primary source of news, you desperately need some remedial classes in journalism, science, and logic. You should also have your voter registration card burned.

Please don't blame America exclusively for this malarkey, though. We inherited Murdoch after he had already spread his talons in Australia and the U.K....
He's an Aussie who wasn't able to get far thanks to our media control laws (thank god for them), and thus moved on looking for a place he has no restrictions, ala USA.
That's all very well, but do you think you could do us a favor and either take him back or export your media control laws to us? Only fair.

;)

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Fox has an awful habit of purposely misreading things to provide the best story. Though I have not seen the Muppets movie, would it be fair to say that the movie was more focused on saying "dedicating your life to greed to the point of it being the only force in your life" was a bad thing rather than all of business being a bad thing? This is a very big distinction.

Second of all, "brainwashing" is never the right word. The Muppets are presenting the view of the writers, if that (more likely, they just wanted the basic, greedy antagonist more than trying to make a message.) It's not propaganda, Fox. It's entertainment. Everything from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" to "Twilight" presents some form of view or message. It's up to the parents or the child him/herself to decide whether they want to follow what the Muppets are saying.

Finally, I really don't think the point they are presenting is necessarily communism, and if it was, kids would obviously not grasp that. If anything, it's presenting the "don't be an obnoxious jerk" theory.

Also:

TrilbyWill said:
how is it wrong to think corporations are bad?
they skullfucked the economy into submission.
There were many other factors involved, including consumer mistakes, bad loans, and short-sidedness on all sides.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Callate said:
RicoADF said:
Callate said:

That's all very well, but do you think you could do us a favor and either take him back or export your media control laws to us? Only fair.

;)
we don't want him back :p lol. Altho we would be happy to share our system with our suffering friends :)

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
It's Faux. What do you expect?

They've run two different segments claiming that My Little Pony fans are worse for America than terrorists.

Anything that doesn't teach hate is bad, according to them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
girzwald said:
Suppressing stories that make the administration look bad?
Yes, that's why they ran with the Shirley Sherrod story without verifying it. Or ACORN. Or Obama's Birth Certificate.

They are so BIAS to protecting the Administration they will run with harmful stories that they don't even need to suppress, but rather could have simply proven false with a little bit of research.

Conspiracy theories are fun.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sinclair Solutions said:
There were many other factors involved, including consumer mistakes, bad loans, and short-sidedness on all sides.
False equivalence fallacy for the win!

Predatory lending was a large factor in those "bad loans" and "consumer mistakes." The people who were lied to or had the law broken in a fashion that hurt them are being asked to shoulder equal blame with the people who lied and broke the law.

OutrageousEmu said:
One of the worst lies ever uttered by human beings in the last decade. A lie Fox uttered so many, many times.
A lie that also spread to many others. The notion that the solution was private, for profit health care. Even though said health care is already doing what the "death panels" would, deciding who lives and dies.

Not to mention the notion that if Steven Hawking wasn't American, but British, he never would have lived to grow up and be brilliant because the British health care system would have let him die. Even though he is English and somehow survived....

The notion that lack of health care was an issue of being lazy, even as people were being turned away for some pretty insane "pre-existing conditions" and insurance companies were terminating people for daring to ask them to pay for things.

Err...Sorry, I mean POLITIFACT IS BIAS! BIAS BIAS BIAS!

Zenkem

May 3, 2009
Coming up next on Fox Kids: Lex Luthor vs. The Carpool Of Catastrophy!

I have often heard not to worry about fox news because everyone knows its lies, but not everyone does. It is a faucet of false information that spews on the population, and there are ALWAYS those who believe anything from JPEG artifact ufos to mercury shadow-image spaceships.

And yes, Fox News HAS used The Onion as a source, and made a completely serious news story with it.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I long ago stopped being surprised when Fox pulls stuff like this. At this point my main reaction is "Why yes I do eat babies, now please let me get back to my book."

Jan 27, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
DEATH! FUCKING! PANELS!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/dec/18/politifact-lie-year-death-panels/

One of the worst lies ever uttered by human beings in the last decade. A lie Fox uttered so many, many times.
Oh PLEASE keep up the epic burning comebacks! It's getting cold up here in Canada, and we could use a little extra heat! XD

But seriously, that's a brilliant point to bring up. Kupos, and thank you.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm surprised they didn't attack it for it's mild racism. I guess they have to attack it for crazy things that don't make sense now!