So! Avengers: Endgame

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Shower thought: Why didn't Cap go back in time to when Black Widow was still alive and send her forward to be with Hulk and Clint?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Siyano said:
Why dont they use the time gems to revert time?

Why Thanos is able to use Mjolnir? (it's the same has Hela when she broke it?)

Felt like that Captain Marvel helping them was quite random and great timing!

Roger is now supposed to be able to use Mjolnir?

Gems so powerful few can withstand them, like hulk with the gauntlet, but a normal human was able to use them without problem...

It's comics. They make it up as they go.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Silentpony said:
Shower thought: Why didn't Cap go back in time to when Black Widow was still alive and send her forward to be with Hulk and Clint?
If they did that, they'd risk creating a universe where Thanos won. Time travel isn't time travel, its essentially creating whole new identical universes at slightly earlier times that were identical until you changed something and they wouldn't have saved their Black Widow, just made a copy.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Caramel Frappe said:
Have an issue with the ending of the movie honestly.

The fact Tony had to be the one to use the 6 stones instead of Marvel kind of irks me. While the movie as a whole was great, the death of Tony felt ... forced. How did Tony somehow swipe all the stones, when Marvel who is WAY stronger, failed to even remove any of the stones?

I understand that she was trying to stop Thanos from snapping by holding his hand, but she could of easily tore out a stone in a split second. Boom. No way he can snap now. But no, instead she gave him this cocky look after Thanos failed to headbutt her, so instead he used the Power Stone to blast her away. You could of used those 5 seconds to easily tear a stone out or do something else!

I understand Tony's famous line and sacrifice is so good, but ... come on. Seemed unnecessary for him of all people to do it.
Because he was meant to die in the first Avengers but Fiege wanted to stretch it out

I thought it was his nanomachines that pulled it out. But then I dont know how the gems stayed in there while Thanos punched people

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
trunkage said:
Caramel Frappe said:

The fact Tony had to be the one to use the 6 stones instead of Marvel kind of irks me. While the movie as a whole was great, the death of Tony felt ... forced. How did Tony somehow swipe all the stones, when Marvel who is WAY stronger, failed to even remove any of the stones?

I understand that she was trying to stop Thanos from snapping by holding his hand, but she could of easily tore out a stone in a split second. Boom. No way he can snap now. But no, instead she gave him this cocky look after Thanos failed to headbutt her, so instead he used the Power Stone to blast her away. You could of used those 5 seconds to easily tear a stone out or do something else!

I understand Tony's famous line and sacrifice is so good, but ... come on. Seemed unnecessary for him of all people to do it.
Because he was meant to die in the first Avengers but Fiege wanted to stretch it out

I thought it was his nanomachines that pulled it out. But then I dont know how the gems stayed in there while Thanos punched people
Tonys nanomachine suit could turn into another infinity gauntlet though, If Captain Marvel had grabbed them she'd just be holding the stones and Thanos could try to grab them back, plus his army might have ended up winning so he could take the stones back then. Only one way to win remember?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Fieldy409 said:
trunkage said:
Caramel Frappe said:

Tonys nanomachine suit could turn into another infinity gauntlet though, If Captain Marvel had grabbed them she'd just be holding the stones and Thanos could try to grab them back, plus his army might have ended up winning so he could take the stones back then. Only one way to win remember?
Isn't that what they tried to do in Infinity War and it seemed hard to pull off then.

I mean, Thanos held onto the glove even when he had his mind controlled.

But, I'd agree none of this glove stuff makes sense. If Tony had such an easy time to do it now, when not back in Infinity War?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
trunkage said:
Isn't that what they tried to do in Infinity War and it seemed hard to pull off then.

But, I'd agree none of this glove stuff makes sense. If Tony had such an easy time to do it now, when not back in Infinity War?
Back in Infinity War Thanos was wearing a gauntlet designed and made by the dwarves of whatchamacallit, in End Game Thanos was wearing a gauntlet designed and made by Tony Stark.

My theory would be that Tony implemented a "backdoor" mechanism in his gauntlet that could transfer / disassemble the infinity gauntlet were it to be stolen by a bad guy.

We have seen his nano machines move around his body at high speed and reassemble as different pieces of his armor, it is not unlikely that the nanomachines transfered the infinity stones to his arm during the time he was holding Thanos' arm and playing tug of war with him.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
trunkage said:
Fieldy409 said:
trunkage said:
Caramel Frappe said:

I bet theres a cut scene where Tony goes 'oh I figured out how the infinity gauntlet works and its locks' after keeping the broken one or something. But you know, thats just a scene entirely existing to cover a plothole and I'm not really a fan of those scenes, I say put pacing over patching every plothole.

Plus If I were Tony i'd put some fucking Saw movie type shit in the gauntlet if it detected the colour purple on the inside lol, like some sawblades or shotgun shells or lasers blow your hand off lol.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
Because Time Travel is bullshit. I wont lie, I hate that the answer to Thanos was fucking time travel for no good reason.

Ant-Man: 'So I experienced time dilation, an actual real thing in reality, therfore time travel must be possible just because!'

Fucking hell, clearly Ant-Man did not see Interstellar.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
bluegate said:
trunkage said:

Back in Infinity War Thanos was wearing a gauntlet designed and made by the dwarves of whatchamacallit, in End Game Thanos was wearing a gauntlet designed and made by Tony Stark.

My theory would be that Tony implemented a "backdoor" mechanism in his gauntlet that could transfer / disassemble the infinity gauntlet were it to be stolen by a bad guy.

We have seen his nano machines move around his body at high speed and reassemble as different pieces of his armor, it is not unlikely that the nanomachines transfered the infinity stones to his arm during the time he was holding Thanos' arm and playing tug of war with him.
This just raises more questions. Wouldn't your first idea when creating this new gauntlet be to restrict access to you? Why not put jets on it like your other gloves so it can run away? Why do you back door it to explode? Why couldn't you program them as a trap to cut Thanos' hand off?

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
trunkage said:
bluegate said:
trunkage said:

This just raises more questions. Wouldn't your first idea when creating this new gauntlet be to restrict access to you? Why not put jets on it like your other gloves so it can run away? Why do you back door it to explode? Why couldn't you program them as a trap to cut Thanos' hand off?
Thanos was dead in their Timeline. There was no reason to believe he would come back. The only people that know of the stones in this timeline is the good guys, because Thanos destroyed the original ones.

OT : This movie is garbage, it should have ended with Infinity war ( which was also bad up to the ending, because " what is pacing"). That's how you do a satisfying ending. I resent my girlfriend for making me go see this. I'm going to promptly try to forget this exist and am going to pretend infinity war was the true end.