So Bloodborne

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Well, the PS4 Exclusive Bloodborne drops tomorrow. It's developed by FromSoftware, the guys who made Dark Souls.

For those unfamiliar, here's a trailer.​

So, Escapists, what are your thoughts?

Personally, my first impression is that the game is beautiful. One of the best, if not the best, looking games I've seen this year. Gameplay looks solid and I like that you seem to be able to switch between weapon types effortlessly. Can't say too much about the story, but the world certainly seems interesting if foreboding. Not sure if its related to the Dark Soul series directly or not, though.

I can say that I've decided to pick it up and give it a try.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
My thoughts are that I'm not going to buy a console I will barely use for, like, 3 or 4 games. I would be buying it if it was PC.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I get to play the game in 30 minutes! The hype is real!
DementedSheep said:
My thoughts are that I'm not going to buy a console I will barely use for, like, 3 or 4 games. I would be buying it if it was PC.
Some of us aren't that practical >.>

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Fappy said:
DementedSheep said:
Or we've got more money than sense, or just a lot of money in general. There are advantages to not having kids at my age I guess.

Anyway, yes, I like the trailers, and in 30 minutes I'll get a couple hours to play the game itself, can't take any time off work, but I'll at least have afternoons to plug away at it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
EternallyBored said:
Fappy said:
DementedSheep said:
Or we've got more money than sense, or just a lot of money in general. There are advantages to not having kids at my age I guess.

Anyway, yes, I like the trailers, and in 30 minutes I'll get a couple hours to play the game itself, can't take any time off work, but I'll at least have afternoons to plug away at it.
Being able to play at launch and not needing to worry about getting anything done on Tuesday is the only benefit of my being unemployed right now. I suppose it would have been more considerate of my former employer to wait two months to lay me off though.

The shitty thing is I know I am going to spend the whole week playing this game before eventually realizing I still need to look for a new job >.>

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
11 minutes. Somebody hold me. Please.

I can't contain my excitement. I shouldn't be this excited when I'm going to be busy as hell tomorrow anyways.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Fappy said:
DementedSheep said:
Being practical about it is hard sometimes. Damn you FROM!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Despite my UNREAL hype for the game I won't be able to play it for roughly another 2 weeks. I don't start my new job until next Monday and I don't get my first paycheck until the end of the week. Sure, I could dip into my savings a little and get myself a PS4 and Bloodborne but I don't like touching that money unless absolutely necessary (it's a bad habit to get into).

Anyway, game looks fantastic and I'm super excited for it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be sequestering myself away from threads like these until I have the game in my hands and am ripping the packaging open with my teeth.

Timeless Lavender

Lord of Chinchilla
Feb 2, 2015
What I got to say about a game that deals with Gothic horror and have an epic game play?............ I can't wait!!!! (Please Mom and Dad, I really need it ) But honestly, if my dad is traveling to other countries, maybe he will buy it but for now I really want it but unable to get it for now.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I made it to the second boss but won't get a good chance to play this game for a while. It is...very nice. Very, very nice.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
The Souls games never really appealed to me but I might have to check this one out based on those reviews. Plus the world itself looks incredible.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Im going to have to blame it on Dark Souls 2 because after the shit it was playing that game I just lost all the need to play any other game like it, I loved DK1 and I trusted the reviews for 2.

Now this one seems to have its share of problems, the areas seem to make more sense (something that I loved from the first one that was gone in the second) but it seems that it isnt that long since in the reviews people are talking of times of 35 hours (I took 70h with Dark Souls), plus the fact that every death means a 40 second load screen and every fast travel is the double of that since you always have to travel to the hub and then to where you want to go.

I am curious about the gameplay changes but for now I am busy playing Ninja Gaiden Black, a game that is basicly a faster ninja based Dark Souls, and at least it feels fresh since I had never played one of these before.

I am curious to see if the faster enemies do change up the gameplay considerably in Bloodborne, although I do miss the fact that shields arent an option anymore.

hybridial

Feb 24, 2015
josemlopes said:
I am curious about the gameplay changes but for now I am busy playing Ninja Gaiden Black, a game that is basicly a faster ninja based Dark Souls, and at least it feels fresh since I had never played one of these before.
You do know Ninja Gaiden Black came out long before Demon's Souls, and is also the standard for all 3D action combat games that have never been equalled? And is also far more fun than any Souls game will ever be because the enemy AI like, exists in it?

(And to think, all the shit I got for complaining that the combat sucked in Dark Souls compared to Ninja Gaiden Black because "they're not comparable" and "do different things")

:p

Oh, and once you reach Alma, you'll probably wish the game was as easy as Dark Souls ^_^

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
hybridial said:
josemlopes said:
You do know Ninja Gaiden Black came out long before Demon's Souls, and is also the standard for all 3D action combat games that have never been equalled? And is also far more fun than any Souls game will ever be because the enemy AI like, exists in it?

(And to think, all the shit I got for complaining that the combat sucked in Dark Souls compared to Ninja Gaiden Black because "they're not comparable" and "do different things")

:p

Oh, and once you reach Alma, you'll probably wish the game was as easy as Dark Souls ^_^
I know, I had the original NG when it came out but I couldnt get past the first level in Tairon. Now recently I got Black for the 360, finished it in normal and am now starting it again in Hard, Alma in normal wasnt hard for me so I will see how it goes now.

It certainly has an incredible sense of speed without becoming button mashing since the game punishes missed attacks incredibly hard, every attack has to be a usefull attack, something that is also one of the key things of the Souls series.

I feel that a lot of players that like the Souls series would like NG too, it feels like a very different game from most hack'n slashs.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
josemlopes said:
I know, I had the original NG when it came out but I couldnt get past the first level in Tairon. Now recently I got Black for the 360, finished it in normal and am now starting it again in Hard, Alma in normal wasnt hard for me so I will see how it goes now.
That first boss is such a good tone setter. "You think you can handle this game?" *SMACK* *SMACK* *DEATH*
That fight nearly took the most tries of any boss for me, but once you figured it out, you were prepared to deal with how hardcore that game is.

hybridial

Feb 24, 2015
josemlopes said:

It certainly has an incredible sense of speed without becoming button mashing since the game punishes missed attacks incredibly hard, every attack has to be a usefull attack, something that is also one of the key things of the Souls series.

I feel that a lot of players that like the Souls series would like NG too, it feels like a very different game from most hack'n slashs.
For me, Alma was the big test in the game, because you really couldn't afford to make any mistakes and you had to fight at her pace which is even faster than normal somehow.

The game becomes more fun in hard and feels like a different game. Unlike most, the difficulty tiers in it are redesigned, different enemy placements, different item placements, different weapon availabilities. Enemies are upgraded as opposed to just being given more health. Fights don't typically last longer but you will have a far harder time winning.

Very Hard and Master Ninja truly up the ante to insane degrees. One day I will do them.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I cant wait to see Lobos play it.

As for myself I cant afford a ps4 atm and the lack of a existing 3rd party controller is also an issue.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
DementedSheep said:
Fappy said:
DementedSheep said:
Being practical about it is hard sometimes. Damn you FROM!
I'm with you on the practical side of the fence. But then maybe that's only because I started getting back into Steam like, a year ago to fill the console generation gap. And the last time I was in Steam was literally when Half-Life 2 came out, sooooooo.....yeah kid in a candy store and all that. Big hit of the "where have you been all my life" syndrome right there.

Sorry, on topic though, I've watched gameplay, I've watched commentary, I've watched trailers...and well...I absolutely must play this game at some point. Too good not to pass up. I'll give it some time though, I'm still licking wounds from the Dark Souls games.

NinjaTank56

Jan 14, 2015
Can someone tell me how it is different from DS? Because, it looks neat and all, but I spend 2-3 hours blundering through DS1 without any semblance of direction or motivation. That's not really something I would like to pay full price to repeat...

Forgive me if I'm just cynical and blind, but the setting is the only difference I see. (I think I even saw the same immersion-breaking rag-dolls...)