So Bloodborne

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
So is the section after Vom as small as it seems? I've already beaten the one reborn and that seems to be about it for Yahar'gul so how much more of the game is left?

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
I'm in the Forbidden Woods myself(I hate snakes). I did hear that they fixed a bug here that prevented you from moving forward so I should be good. Said bug was about multiplayer. If you summoned or were summoned a certain item needed to move forward in the game wouldn't spawn. Really hoped they fixed that as this place is a nightmare to move forward in.

Side note I just found out that increasing Arcane ups your item discovery rate. Cool between that and the Holy Blade, I might have a use for that stat. Oh and I found a honest to god Cannon for use. Has basically no scaling but you can really dish out damage at the cost of 10 bullets per shot, holy! But if you combine this with Bone Marrow Ash(1.5-2x damage to your next shot) you can really bring the hurt on something. This is great for me as I'm bad at parrying.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
MerlinCross said:
I'm in the Forbidden Woods myself(I hate snakes). I did hear that they fixed a bug here that prevented you from moving forward so I should be good. Said bug was about multiplayer. If you summoned or were summoned a certain item needed to move forward in the game wouldn't spawn. Really hoped they fixed that as this place is a nightmare to move forward in.
That place is fucking in-sane. Not just the fact that there's snakes everywhere, but I had such a hard time getting my bearing in that place. I must've spent an hour running around, killing anything that moved, that when I finally returned to the Hunter's Dream, my brain felt like it was scrambled. But in a good way. =)

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
MerlinCross said:
That place is fucking in-sane. Not just the fact that there's snakes everywhere, but I had such a hard time getting my bearing in that place. I must've spent an hour running around, killing anything that moved, that when I finally returned to the Hunter's Dream, my brain felt like it was scrambled. But in a good way. =)
Yeah I keep double backing without realizing it. One reason I'd like to be summoned is to 'scout' the area with someone else taking the risk of Death.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Looks like people with lives are still working on their first playthroughs. I am finishing up my second right now (doing Chalice dungeons for the Plat trophy), and while certain aspects of the game are significantly easier on a second go around, the game can still be very hard at times. Later chalice dungeons are straight up abusive and contain the hardest bosses in the game (FUCK Abhorrent Beast). If anyone has any questions or wants any tips let me know :)

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
It's been nearly a week since I got the game yet I've spent more time on fucking ROM than any other boss in the game (all of which I did solo). It's like the worst of DaS2's bosses rolled into one frustratingly terrible creature. I have no idea how to beat the fucker. He's the only boss I've had to resort to trying co-op and looking at guides to beat, yet every 'amazing Rom trick works every time!' guide I've seen never works. I've hit a roadblock I can't seem to get over. Please send help!

Oh, and here's what I was talking about earlier. http://webmup.com/b868c/

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
ToastiestZombie said:
It's been nearly a week since I got the game yet I've spent more time on fucking ROM than any other boss in the game (all of which I did solo). It's like the worst of DaS2's bosses rolled into one frustratingly terrible creature. I have no idea how to beat the fucker. He's the only boss I've had to resort to trying co-op and looking at guides to beat, yet every 'amazing Rom trick works every time!' guide I've seen never works. I've hit a roadblock I can't seem to get over. Please send help!

Use a bloodstone to change your second weapon to electric type damage, that helps cut through the critters. Once you've dealt with them move in to attack Rom herself (I used my main weapon for this she doesn't seem to take as much damage as her spawn from electricity.) in the second and third phases while dealing with the critters stay close enough that she keeps trying to use the attack where she lies on her back. To dodge her ice meteor attack I usually dodged once to the side then twice back and it worked about 3/4s of the time, the rest of her attacks are pretty predictable so it's just a matter of avoiding the bodyslam when you go in. The threaded canes trick mode might be useful if the body slam keeps getting you but I wouldn't say it is required.

That's pretty much how I did it.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
The only advice I can really give is just try to kill him as fast as you can. I know, not much help, but that's how I did it. I will say that it's easier to dodge his 'raining blue crap from the sky' attack if your not locked on. The quick-step is handy, but dodge roll is faster and seems to have more invicibility frames.

I didn't spend much time dealing with the spiders and just tried to spot the little openings and clearances in the crowds so I could dash for Rom and just spam the attack button.

But yeah, that fight is like the Bed of Chaos of Bloodborne. Thankfully the bonfire is real close so it takes but a minute (minus load times) to get back into the fight.

SeventhSigil

Jun 24, 2013
ToastiestZombie said:

Hmmmm... tell you what, I might be renewing my PS+ subscription tomorrow. If so, and if you still need help, I shall attempt to assist you! I successfully soloed Rom myself, second try, but that was largely due to luck and going in with 23 blood vials instead of the usual 20. =D But with two of us working together, we might have a far easier time of it!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Spacewolf said:
I don't think I have any bloodstones on my character, but I doubt I'll need them since the spiders aren't the hard part. It's killing them whilst the spider (is it a her? I don't know) spams attacks.

Casual Shinji said:
Thanks for the help. I haven't been locking on at all really, I've found that for larger bosses that are a bit slower moving the lock on is a detriment. Lock-on makes the Cleric Beast much harder than it should be. And yeah, thank god the bonfire is so close, and thank god those creatures on the rooftops always jump down before you can get onto it.

SeventhSigil said:
I'll PM you if I need some help, although if you do help it'll most likely be a matter of me cowardly staying back whilst you do the dirty work. I'd rather not die to the minion's one-shot homing attacks like all the other times I've tried co-op :p. I'm assuming the password system works for co-op.

SeventhSigil

Jun 24, 2013
ToastiestZombie said:
Spacewolf said:
I don't think I have any bloodstones on my character, but I doubt I'll need them since the spiders aren't the hard part. It's killing them whilst the spider (is it a her? I don't know) spams attacks.

Casual Shinji said:
Thanks for the help. I haven't been locking on at all really, I've found that for larger bosses that are a bit slower moving the lock on is a detriment. Lock-on makes the Cleric Beast much harder than it should be. And yeah, thank god the bonfire is so close, and thank god those creatures on the rooftops always jump down before you can get onto it.

SeventhSigil said:
I'll PM you if I need some help, although if you do help it'll most likely be a matter of me cowardly staying back whilst you do the dirty work. I'd rather not die to the minion's one-shot homing attacks like all the other times I've tried co-op :p. I'm assuming the password system works for co-op.
All righty. x3 In the event of me doing most of the legwork, I can't really guarantee a victory, given even when I beat the thing, it was after going through all 23 of my blood vials, and being down to about half health, so it was a near thing. I have enough health to, if I'm careful, GENERALLY avoid getting wiped out in a single hit, though, so fingers crossed on that front. That being said, I've reviewed the footage I recorded of my epic 11 minute or so war of attrition, and I noticed some sloppiness in my tactics, so with a new approach, I may be more effective. =D I shall insist on help with the first wave of spiders, though; Rom doesn't attack during that stage, and the easier we clear those first, the more blood vials will remain for stages two and three. :3 (My strategy was to completely wipe out all the little spiders during each stage before going after Rom; was too chaotic for me otherwise.)

And yep, think it works.

joest01

Apr 15, 2009
EternallyBored said:
joest01 said:
hybridial said:
I have no idea why anyone could say Dark Souls is harder than Ninja Gaiden.
I seem to be in disagreement with most of your posts but this is qft.

I play both with friends that are what I would refer to as "CoD casual" and DS only took them some patience and perseverence. Neither made it through NG on normal.

Actually I lie. One of them never made it through DS2. He got stuck with the rotten and my soul mem was out of range to summon me because my dual old whips tore through that mother like it was buttah! But he never made it past the FIRST Dynamo fight in NG.
I always considered NG to be a different sort of difficulty than DS, it's sort of funny because while I've beaten both dark souls games and the first two NG games as well as NGB and sigma for the PS3, I had way more difficulty with dark souls than anything in ninja gaiden except playing on the higher difficulties unlocked after beating it once. The first ninja gaiden was pretty easy with how many healing items you could carry with you, if you even needed them, that and the movement system was just so fast that as long as you didn't play too aggressively you could pretty easily dodge almost anything. it's not an easy series, but I never had any issues with beating the games the first time around, apart from a few frustrating bosses, nothing in NG ever really killed me more than once. For me NG was all about the smooth combat and combo system rather than the difficulty
Could it be you dropped to ninja dog? Because i dont remember so many healing items.
Or you are just very good at the games, i get a rage fit just thinking about ghost fishes or is ninjas (on harder difficulties).
And you may not have the patience for .souls. Because trust me they require nowhere near the precision of NG.

hybridial

Feb 24, 2015
Oh, the real fun didn't start on Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma till hard to me anyway :p

But I'd still say on normal it's harder than Souls because it still demands skill from the player that they need to learn. Dark Souls is simply about learning patience and whilst that was a challenge for me to learn given my own mentality, it's not something that was satisfying or fun, not to mention the level scaling made everything after Ornstein and Smough super easy anyway. Tomb Of Giants in 15 minutes, murdered Nito by simply smashing him with my Divine claymore even though I never upgraded it and focused more on Dex to use the Iaito. That's how most of the second half of the game went until Gwyn. He was a pain in the ass.

Also Joest01, you could grind orbs in NG to buy more healing items from Muramasa, so it wasn't hard to max them out. (It's not something I felt I ever had to do though, but it is certainly possible to have an abundance of them on normal) It's the cost of doing that on harder difficulties that makes you tend to more rely on skills.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I'VE FINALLY BEATEN ROM!

But seriously, Rom is probably the worst boss in the Souls/BB series for me. It was so bad that it's made me lose a lot of the initial luster that BB gave me unfortunately. I can't get immersed as much now because I HAD to break it just to beat a boss.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
I'VE FINALLY BEATEN ROM!

But seriously, Rom is probably the worst boss in the Souls/BB series for me. It was so bad that it's made me lose a lot of the initial luster that BB gave me unfortunately. I can't get immersed as much now because I HAD to break it just to beat a boss.
Yeah, but it's afterward when shit gets really weird. Or maybe that was just my Insight being at 24, because after I defeated Rom and got teleported to that room with the dish in the center I started seeing... t-things.

Let's just say that when I stared playing Bloodborne I didn't expect to see the images the game is now dishing out to me. It's become quite the mindfuck.