So Dawnguard is out and its pretty much broken.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
All those of you that play on PC and have decide to ram my inbox with arguments as to why your pc is so much better than an X-box or ps3= I officially don't care anymore, and I'm not trawling through anymore emails. But I will meet you halfway, the PC is far better at gaming than the wii.

Now stopping vigorously butt humping my inbox.

Sep 14, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
I did fact check, I'm also trying very hard to come up with reasons to care about this argument. Between that and remembering shit about the industry I'm going to lose a little momentum. Can we please leave it where I wanted to before the other moron contacted me, of I am a console gamer, this is why, now leave me alone? You friggin Pc elitists just can't fucking drop it when someone dares to question your superiority, please, all of you, leave me alone before my argument descends to 4chan levels of stupidity.
if you did fact check, then what source did you use? Because I'm really intrigued to know where you got that 9 out of every 10 people's pc can't play games well.

I was merely trying to enlighten you on something that you claimed otherwise with FACTS that weren't even close to being facts. If I came in here talking shit about England with horrible inconsistent generalizations, I guarantee I'd be called out on it; How can you not expect the same will happen when you purposely flame bait the PC platform?

This has nothing to do with superiority, I could care less what platform you actually do game on as long as your having fun; as I stated before, I was just trying to get to the bottom of these "facts" you had, and tell you why I thought they were wrong or have since been fixed in the last decade.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
boo hoo, this is why Pc is a far superior format of gameplay because all the bugs you receive will be patched on the pc version via steam in a couple months time.

Now I feel much better knowing that because I cant play the expansion that X-box players get to suffer as well muahhahaha

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
I did fact check, I'm also trying very hard to come up with reasons to care about this argument. Between that and remembering shit about the industry I'm going to lose a little momentum. Can we please leave it where I wanted to before the other moron contacted me, of I am a console gamer, this is why, now leave me alone? You friggin Pc elitists just can't fucking drop it when someone dares to question your superiority, please, all of you, leave me alone before my argument descends to 4chan levels of stupidity.
Okay so here's the thing about that, you didn't come here with facts, you made shit up. If you had actually brought sources to back up what you are saying, we would have had something of an intelligent argument, debating finer points of what the individuals whom you were using as sources, but you didn't.
So we come here to call you out on your Ninety percent can't run games argument, and then you call us PC elitists rather than, you know, support your argument.
You know what it's called when someone makes stuff up about other forms of gaming just to try and say how everything that isn't your style is inferior? That's elitism. You're the elitist.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
ruthaford_jive said:
First time I've heard of this. It's worked fine for me so far. Keep in mind you do have to be level ten to play the main quest. Only noticeable glitch (other than typical Skyrim glitches) is this one where I dodge some dudes super attack and it goes all slow mo... but stays slow mo. It's kinda neat, since I move around at normal speed... but it gets a little weird after a while. Didn't happen before the expansion.
Actually that isn't a new glitch, it happened to me several times so far. Unless you mean it's been happening outside of the shield blocking slow down thing, then I wouldn't actually know if this is a new variation of an old or just an old one.

Ghoti

Mar 3, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
Just because it's exclusive doesn't mean that it's good, and bringing it up to convince me of PC gaming superiority is a crap point to make. It's like If I referenced the crap out of Halo or Uncharted (See, multiple consoles, Just don't like PC's). My thoughts are this (And I swear to god if I get more mail about this topic, I will not respond the living fuck out of it) PC games have awkward controls, Lag, Glitches, low resolution for the most part, and slow loading times that you just don't encounter on most consoles. This is not the fault of a developer or company, it is purely so because PC's are capable of doing many things, and gaming is one of them. However it is not the main function of a PC, thus you get unavoidable problems that you will not face on consoles. Now please let me leave this argument.
So that's why all of my PC games run at 1920x1080 (the maximum resolution of modern consoles), with a constant sixty frames per second (meaning no lag whatsoever), have the option to use an Xbox 360 controller if I so desire, and load in a fraction of the time it takes for a 360 to load a game. I'm not a PC fanboy, mind you; I bought this computer to edit videos, and if it running games perfectly means I don't have to shell out another two hundred dollars minimum for a dedicated device, then awesome. That's more money I get to spend on more games, or other things that don't repeat a task I can already do at least equally well. I'm not going to spout off some exclusivity argument, or some other "PC MASTER RACE" guff, but I will say that your responses are just as ignorant as the person you are rebutting. What you're obviously failing to understand is that a program, game or otherwise, will always run best on whatever platform it was originally designed for- many video games begin as PC programs. Even Skyrim, the game in question, was built by and for PCs before it was ported over to the Xbox and PS3. The ability to dedicate resources is the primary strength of the PC, and that's really why your entire "It's not made for games so it sucks at running games" argument falls completely apart. A PC isn't bottle-necked by the capacity to multitask because the modern operating system is smart enough to shut off or suspend background tasks and instead focus on the program currently in use. TL;DR you have no idea what the heck you're talking about and I suggest you check what you say before you act like a fool.

Jun 11, 2008
And people tend to look at me surprised when I point out there are console elitists on the Escapist too and that the site isn't mostly PC gamers. Well there you go.

OT: I know it has been answered but it just sounds like you don't meet the criteria or just an odd glitch on the save file.

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
All those of you that play on PC and have decide to ram my inbox with arguments as to why your pc is so much better than an X-box or ps3= I officially don't care anymore, and I'm not trawling through anymore emails. But I will meet you halfway, the PC is far better at gaming than the wii.

Naw, its far better than any of the outdated pieces of obsolete console garbage there is to date.

And unless the next gen is gonna cost around 800+ dollars I would bet that my 2 year old gaming pc (that I paid $600 for with the new monitor) is STILL superior to them, lol.

I would go on, but it seems someone else already destroyed your "90% of pcs can't gaem!" argument, lol.

Just know that you are wrong. Wrong to say that 8 year old bricks of obsolete tech are in any way, shape, or form technically superior to even Wal-Mart computers these days. And wrong in your assumptions about anything you've said in this thread.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
You bought it day one and you expected a perfect copy.

There's your problem.

Patching and bugs are a natural phase of game development, stop getting butthurt. It will be fixed eventually, until then play something else. Why is this even a thread? How long have we been playing video games?

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
The DLC shits all over the Vanilla main quest. So for $20 its good value in comparison. That said, finding an inside out lemur in my bed on cold night shits all over the Vanilla main quest...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:

You state something so very WRONG that it hurts, then tell people to not quote you?

There is no purer flame bait in existence, and YOU KNOW IT.

OT: I'm taking my normal stance: Don't buy Bethesda things until they're fixed.

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
lacktheknack said:
SpectacularWebHead said:

You state something so very WRONG that it hurts, then tell people to not quote you?

So you pretty much don't buy Bethesda things? :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Soopy said:
lacktheknack said:
SpectacularWebHead said:

So you pretty much don't buy Bethesda things? :p
Unofficial patches count. :D

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
None of my map markers work now that Dawnguard is installed. It's not such a major issue, but it made finding the cave to go and start the quest hard when the map marker was about 10miles off where it needed to be.