So do you ever type out a post and then change your mind and delete it?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Crono1973 said:
Sometimes I type out an entire post, spending 5 or 10 minutes getting my thoughts together and typing it out and just when I am about to post it I think, "this doesn't need to be said" and I delete it.

Does anyone else do that?
Yes, actually. And in those exact words.

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
Yes, sometimes I immediately get upset about someone's post or response and I just want to call them out and belittle them, but usually by the time I finish my rant I realize that I just don't care that much to respond.

Sometimes it may be as simple as the reader misread what I wrote, sometimes it's people responding and voicing their opinion and who isn't allowed to disagree with me?

So generally, I delete my post about once a week.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I do it quite a lot. Sometimes I go off track, so I have to go back to stay on topic or I realise what I typed doesn't have to be said.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Same i always write too much or too little then usally scrap it

whenever i write threads takes me ages to figure out the right words

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
Sometimes, mostly when I just don't want to start something. Or I'm so tired I can't tell if what I've written makes sense.

Elo125

Oct 19, 2010
Yeah, I do it all the time. I was actually in this thread a couple of hours ago and decided against posting. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Pretty frequently. Often, I just decide that I don't care enough to post something, or fear I will end up looking stupid or ignorant because I overlooked some small issue that I didn't think about. It's pretty much one or the other. But probably only a few times in a given week. More often than not, I finish my comments.

See? I finished this one. Go, Me!

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I do this most of the time. Either it's too irrelevant, too over-said or too offensive. I almost did it with this one, actually...

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
It's after typing the post, then look up at the comments to see someone already summed up what you typed, with better grammar and sense.

Nicarus

Feb 15, 2010
You would not believe how many times I do that. Sometimes I see something happen, I go into a sorta ranty phase, and then when I've got it all down I just think "This would not end well for me" or something of the sorts. Totally bugs me crazy when I do that.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
All the time. Mainly I just decide that I don't care enough to finish my post, or that I don't have anything interesting to add.

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
Yes. I do this when I don't have the energy to finish my comment, so I just close the tab. Or if I fail the nose test, which is this: Would I want to punch the person who put this on the internet on the nose? If I fail the test, I usually don't have the energy to rewrite my post, so it leads to the first scenario.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Occasionally. There are times I want to post, then decide not to if my post is just a repeat of other posts or is just me kind of rambling on.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
I do that on occasions. I've also recently come across problems where I enter a post and it seems to have been eaten by the interwebs because it doesn't show up on the thread...