So do you ever type out a post and then change your mind and delete it?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Yes; usually because said post could be perceived as being overly inflammatory.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
I did just the other day. I had posted a minor gripe about stuff in my life, and remembered that a close friend of mine had just been dumped. Not wanting to be an attention whore, I deleted it and grumbled to myself.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Yes, but not because it doesn't need to be said. Usually, it's because it needs to be said so desperately that I'm sure it will be quoted a dozen times by people (a) completely misunderstanding the point (b) with no actual knowledge of the subject in question or (c) making despotic protests involving my unwelcome invasion into their personal thread kingdom that they had previously managed to rule with the iron fist of the OP.

Actually knowing shit is really a problem when it comes to internet fora.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I was going to post here.. but I figure it's already been said..

/delete..

I kid.

Many, many, many times. More often on the WoW forums than here. But I've probably started to post in several threads in the last few minutes and decided not too, either because I can't think of an answer or can't word it in a way I'm happy with.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
By the gods, yes! If you think my posts are stupid and inflammatory now, just know that I filter out the worst. And that's a lot.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Snake Plissken said:
If a Captcha shows up more than once a day, I avoid posting anything else for the entire day. They annoy me more than anything else on the site, and I'll be damned if I'm going to visit a site where I have to type it every 2 or 3 posts.

Apparently it's more important to get me to transcribe a jumbled fucking mess than it is to hear what I have to say.
Agreed Captcha is bullshit. Most of us have proven we aren't spammers or bots so why can't our accounts be flagged as cleared or something?

I do honestly wonder sometimes about the moderation on this site when you see people getting banned and warned for nothing. In the Just Dance 3 thread the question was "are you excited for Just Dance 3" and a poster said "I AM" and got a warning. Silly in my opinion, I saw it and just shook my head but I'm off topic so I'll stop.

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
All the time, i've read so much on this site it's almost pointless at this point to add any comments anyway. Not that anyone here even knows me or gives a shit about what i have to say

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Oh, all the time. Sometimes I write a whole wall of text, then realise that what I've been saying doesn't make sense, or that it's not interesting, or anything like that. I swap out the somewhat odd post with a single sentence stating my opinion on the matter, and leave it at that. More frequently on threads about objective matters than on ones of opinion, but maybe that's just me. Well, sometimes on matters of opinion, but only if I'm partway through a massive post and then it occurs to me that I have no real reason to waste my time writing up said post.

No, not really.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
All the time. I will post half of a rant about something and then go..."You know what, fuck this. Its not worth any more of my time."

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Heronblade said:
I'm a Republican leaning (although technically independent) individual who mostly posts in a heavily Democrat dominated politics forum.

The answer is all of the freaking time.
This, though to be more specific, with each post I question if it's really worth it. At times having a conservative view point on the Escapist apparently means I'm a hateful, bigoted, racist who worships Fox News and Glenn Beck.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Usually if I said something that would get me banned or whatever. Generally if I say something stupid, I don't catch it in time, and get flamed for it, but such is life.

AngelSephy

Jun 28, 2011
Way too many times to count. It's either the point has already been made, or I lost interest and don't give a damn. The latter mainly for when the thread I'm in is full of morons that the point would be a waste in explaining it to them...

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
My post count would probably be over 1000 if I didn't do this so often...

Usually I'll finish typing something out and then realise its too long winded or I'm explaining things badly...

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
Yes I have.
I actually almost made a thread about it, but then decided not to once I had it all typed up...