So I just got back from seeing Avengers Assemble

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
i saw it Thursday in 3d, man oh man It could beat TDKR for super hero film of the year, actualy it could be film of the year.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
arc1991 said:
Urm, It kinda is explained as to why Loki is the evil guy in Avengers, it doesn't matter if you haven't seen Iron Man, Or Thor, or even Captain America, it's all touched upon (even if it is brief) as to why them guys are there and why Loki is evil.

Don't presume, until you have seen it dude.
I was just going by what people in this thread have said. But honestly, I have the feeling that I'll need to take the same policy with Avengers threads that I did with Mass Effect 3 threads - That is, avoid posting in them because my opinion will be widely ridiculed by the userbase of this website for not going along with the rest of them. I've long held the opinion that this movie has far too much to try and accomplish to actually be a "great, amazing, wonderful, truly fantastic movie! The best movie-going experience I've ever had!"

That's not to say I don't think it could be good, or that I wouldn't enjoy it if I did go see it. But I'm not exactly the target audience. I never saw Iron Man 2, I barely remember what happened in Captain America, and Thor was fairly unremarkable, though a fun way to kill two hours. Maybe, to the target audience, this is the "greatest film [they've] ever seen". Maybe, objectively speaking, it is the "greatest comic book film ever made!" All it really has to contend with there is The Dark Knight, so it's not like it has a lot of competition. But, to me, it would simply be a pretty good film that I enjoyed with a friend. Maybe even a pretty great film. I might not expect that, but it certainly would pleasantly surprise me.

I'm just going to take my leave of Avengers threads right now since they'll probably be kicking over the next week or two and I don't want hardcore Marvel fans chewing my ass out.