So.... Korrasami is canon.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
Spoilers in the thread title ;'(

Anyway I just slogged through season 2 and am currently about half way through season 3 so I'm kinda sad I got spoiled, but at the same time I'm happy that she isn't going to get back with Mako AGAIN.

Suhi89

Oct 9, 2013
On the one hand, this is great. We need to see more non-conventional guy-girl relationships in children's fiction (and fiction in general).

On the other hand, there isn't a single romance in either TLA or LoK - shows I generally love - that I thought were done well. I'm not sure Bryke know how to write romance. I agree with many others that the Korrasami romance didn't seem to develop organically. But hey, at least is was better than Korra and Mako's terrible relationship. Anyway, this is just my impressions and YMMV. If it worked for you, then I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. I just don't appreciate being told I'm wrong on a matter of opinion either (or potentially bigoted for it). Sounds like a deflection of genuine criticism.

Mumbly

Dec 26, 2014
I've shipped these two ever since the entire love triangle from times of yore blew up and Asami told Mako "I'm pretty pissed off that you dumped me for Korra, but I still like her."

So yeah, this ending was awesome. Such a naturally growing relationship between these two ladies, it's beautiful. Instead of shoehorning them together they just let their relationship develop over four seasons.

Their sexual orientation is literally the least relevant thing about it. Whether or not they will touch their lady parts together isn't really relevant either. You know why?

Because, ladies and gentlemen, what these two girls have going there is way deeper than just skin deep. So I'd appreciate if people stopped making it sound as if this is about sexuality >.>

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I liked the ending. It's a nice foreshadow for the future for the two of them.

I tend to ignore the conversations about sexuality or wider implications, because for me it was simply a growing love story between two people because they care and support each other. Like it came naturally from their strong friendship, which is what I like the most. Almost moved me to tears really.

And I think their relationship is just beginning so that explains why there wasn't much typical lead up (like blushing, acting awkward), that will come later. I think people are just mad because there wasn't more hints that they like girls too.

But then we all would basically have the same complaint, "We want more Korra."

Mumbly

Dec 26, 2014
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
And I think their relationship is just beginning so that explains why there wasn't much typical lead up (like blushing, acting awkward), that will come later. I think people are just mad because there wasn't more hints that they like girls too.
Doesn't matter if you ask me. Their relationship isn't about whether "they like girls too". It's about the fact that they love each other.

raikagetaicho

Dec 29, 2014
it doesn't change the fact that the show was a disappointment and it make me to start questioning if the original was really that great.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Would someone mind giving a slight summery on what this actual issue is? There seems to be a great deal of shouting over this.

As far as i can tell there was a completely out of left field lesbian romance in the finale of some show i don't watch. I hate to be that guy to kick down the door and ask for a run down on this topic i know nothing about, but there seems to be a great deal more shit flinging than i would expect from my rather paltry knowledge of the issue. Is there really anything more to this other than it being kind of lacking in foreshadowing and poorly written?

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
FirstNameLastName said:
Would someone mind giving a slight summery on what this actual issue is? There seems to be a great deal of shouting over this.

As far as i can tell there was a completely out of left field lesbian romance in the finale of some show i don't watch. I hate to be that guy to kick down the door and ask for a run down on this topic i know nothing about, but there seems to be a great deal more shit flinging than i would expect from my rather paltry knowledge of the issue. Is there really anything more to this other than it being kind of lacking in foreshadowing and poorly written?

Sparknotes version: Season 3 showed that Korra and Asami had grown from love triangle rivals to close friends. In Season 4, we find out that during Korra's recovery (She broke both her legs and had some mercury forced into her bloodstream at the end of Season 3) Korra had only been writing to Asami the whole time. She then reunites with her friends in Republic City and Asami compliments Korras hair which causes Korra to blush. Long story short, the girls meet up at the end, have a heart to heart, and go off on a trip together. As the show ends, they hold hands, and stare into each others eyes as they enter a portal to go to the spirit world.

People believe its sudden because the writers didn't try shove it in their faces.

Mumbly

Dec 26, 2014
FirstNameLastName said:

It's not even poorly written. It's just that a lot of ships have been sunk and a lot of waifu fantasies have been denied. Korra and Asami are a great couple, always were. They complement each other with their differences, and have enough in common to work well together.