So my mom tried to get me to come 'out of the closet...'

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Sacman said:
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:
I don't have many awkward conversations... maybe the time where I kept saying Obama was going to fail as president and most of his votes were coming in just because he's black... and my mom seriously thought I was racist...<.<

Scde2 said:
I've also had awkward conversations because of you and Best Of The 3...
like when I was hounding Best to put on his dress I had to explain how it was just taken out of context... or one time when we we're talking about teh buttcecks in Forum games and my mom asked if we we're in a "relationship"... that one was really awkward... you know what I pick that one instead...<.<
Why, you told her we weren't in one?
She came to the assumption herself after reading my posts...besides it's the truth, is it not?
...<.<
Well we do live pretty close to each other. >_>
Just sayin'. :p

TheSolemnHypnotic

Dec 12, 2010
My mom asked me if I was gay once because I kept squealing over how cute JRockers are, and they tend to be a little uh...pretty. {OK very, very pretty : P}

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:
I don't have many awkward conversations... maybe the time where I kept saying Obama was going to fail as president and most of his votes were coming in just because he's black... and my mom seriously thought I was racist...<.<

Scde2 said:
like when I was hounding Best to put on his dress I had to explain how it was just taken out of context... or one time when we we're talking about teh buttcecks in Forum games and my mom asked if we we're in a "relationship"... that one was really awkward... you know what I pick that one instead...<.<
She came to the assumption herself after reading my posts...besides it's the truth, is it not?
...<.<
True, but you know I prefer the ladies anyway... :p

Also 10000th post...<.<

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Sacman said:
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:

Scde2 said:
...<.<

Also 10000th post...<.<
Sure you do. >_>
[sub]:p[/sub]

And congrats.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:

Scde2 said:
...<.<

Also 10000th post...<.<
Sure you do. >_>
[sub]:p[/sub]

And congrats.
What? it's true...<_<

also, Thanks...<.<

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
I had 'the talk' with my dad, but during that time, I believe I gave him the impression that I already understood, so it ended before I actually learned anything. Fast forward a month later and mom realized that my twin brother and I didn't know anything... at all. So she became angry as all hell, yelling the process as we ran from the room. Out of all the ways it can be explained, it was effective yet a little mentally scarring. I can still hear her if I think back on it.

shelif

May 30, 2010
Bailoroc said:
For some strange reason, my mom had to ask me if I was gay just because I never shown in interest in any women before.

*sigh* No, I'm not gay, I just haven't *found* any women that interest me yet. Do you know how hard it is to find tomboyish women the older you get?

Incidentally, I don't know how she would have reacted if I was gay. She has had some gay co-workers in the past, so I know she would at least be civil and even friendly with them but she also grew up in a different era, if you know what I mean.

Regardless, it's embarrassing when your own mother wants you dating pretty much any kind of women just so she can have grandchildren (and to be frank, I'm an okay guy and all but I don't think I'm father material...)
i swear almost all my girl-freinds (not in that way) are tomboys

most of the people in my school are sluts or preps and if ur not (im not) ur an outcast

and the one girl freind i have had withing the last 2 years overreacted when we almost had sex
needless to say i got suspended for sexual harrasment
(she could have just said no (she dident) im not a dick)

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Lunar Shadow said:
When I found out my dad didn't like my current girlfriend cause she is black. He tries to disguise it by saying it's flaws about her that don't exist (she has flaws, just not the ones he is harping on) and that I should go out and experience more women. Starting to agree with him on the last point, but that's more to do with the fact she is a slave to her parents. Seriously, who the fuck tells their adult child that if they have sex they will cut off their tuition? /rant
I'm going to suggest something totally and utterly weird.

Try not forcing her to choose between you and her parents?

It's stupid I know, she's your gf. She should of course be there every time you want to get off. What was I thinking, must have been a stupid moment.

JunebugJuJuBee said:
I told my mom I was bisexual right after she had finished espousing gay rights. She paused, looked down and quietly begged me to marry a man after I finished my "phase". I have since become more attracted to women and less attracted to men and haven't told her. I don't want that awkward, disappointed look again :\

Oh ma.
Intriguing.. This is an excellent case, on the one hand, you have your mother pushing one method, and you rebelling and choosing the other. Which would go with the theory that it's a choice and not a genetic predisposition. Which quite a few studies show, it's just interesting to see it.

My apologies, that almost made me sound evil, like a doctor with a new toy to examine.. But would you object to some personal questions? Curiosity, it's.. Annoying to all involved. lol

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Cyberjester said:
Lunar Shadow said:
When I found out my dad didn't like my current girlfriend cause she is black. He tries to disguise it by saying it's flaws about her that don't exist (she has flaws, just not the ones he is harping on) and that I should go out and experience more women. Starting to agree with him on the last point, but that's more to do with the fact she is a slave to her parents. Seriously, who the fuck tells their adult child that if they have sex they will cut off their tuition? /rant

It's stupid I know, she's your gf. She should of course be there every time you want to get off. What was I thinking, must have been a stupid moment.

JunebugJuJuBee said:
I told my mom I was bisexual right after she had finished espousing gay rights. She paused, looked down and quietly begged me to marry a man after I finished my "phase". I have since become more attracted to women and less attracted to men and haven't told her. I don't want that awkward, disappointed look again :\

Oh ma.
Intriguing.. This is an excellent case, on the one hand, you have your mother pushing one method, and you rebelling and choosing the other. Which would go with the theory that it's a choice and not a genetic predisposition. Which quite a few studies show, it's just interesting to see it.

My apologies, that almost made me sound evil, like a doctor with a new toy to examine.. But would you object to some personal questions? Curiosity, it's.. Annoying to all involved. lol
You see the thing is, I am not forcing her to choose. She has made her decision and I am not even trying to persuade her to disobey her mom. I am pissed at the ultimatum itself because of values dissonance.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Interesting... I'd be sort of the opposite of the OP (well, except I prat about with electronics and fixing my car/bike too much), brother buys me very obvious shoujo comics for my birthday (sod :D) and I do similar things for a certain couple friends who are in on the joke. It's a wonder I haven't had the same event so far ... I've been anticipating it for a while!

Maybe just go along with it XD then shock them all by announcing your engagement to some future secret boyfriend or whatever.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
DuctTapeJedi said:
What is your all-time most awkward and uncofortable conversation you've had with a parent?

Mine is pretty much summed up in the thread title, but I'd like to hear from others.

EDIT: No, I am not in the closet. I just happen to be a female who has male friends, is interested in carpentry and masonry work, and who doesn't put having a relationship high on the priority list.
Sorry to laugh, this just reminds me of when my Grandma tryed to get me to admit the same thing, So what if i was a 16 year old that has never had a girlfriend, IM SHY DAMNIT!!!

Um... yea, good luck all the same.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
the first time my parents met my boyfriend. i won't put the whole conversation through fear of having some kind of mental relapse and needing trauma therapy, but some highlights include these questions that my parents ask him:

Dad: You didn't pick him up at a gay bar did you?
Dad: Did you brainwash him in any way?

there were others like that about how me and him met from my dad, but then my mum kicked it up a notch with THESE outbursts:

Mum: I hope your gentle with him. He doesn't like it too rough. (actually i kinda do, but she assumed otherwise. nobody wants to know their child likes rough gay sex)
Mum: You're not using any creepy props are you?

and of course, the absolute howler that I still remember vividly to this day:

Mum: If you have some trouble getting things started tonight, I have a homosexual karma sutra book. I can leave it in the bedroom for you. Would that be good?

Please bear in mind that these were only the questions directed at him. I was there the entire time and I did occasionally get some horrifically awkward questions, the prime one being from my mum:

Mum: He's not too big for you, is he? You know...down there.

[sub]God my parents are awesome in a VERY disturbing way when they want to be[/sub]

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
DuctTapeJedi said:
What is your all-time most awkward and uncofortable conversation you've had with a parent?

Mine is pretty much summed up in the thread title, but I'd like to hear from others.

EDIT: No, I am not in the closet. I just happen to be a female who has male friends, is interested in carpentry and masonry work, and who doesn't put having a relationship high on the priority list.
yeah my mom thought I was gay too... just because I don't have a girlfriend and I'm 18

not my fault everyone here treats me like crap so I've hated every human being I've come into contact with...

she also calls me a monster every time I talk about "killing"

a person dies every second
and for every death 2 more are born

and I'm still told that talking about people like a disposable resource is evil

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure my dad is convinced that I'm gay. He used to be but I'm not sure now. Probably because I was always calling him out when he was giving one of his anti-gay speeches. My Auntie (Mom's Sister) always thought I was gay and asked me once, and was disappointed when I said no then told me how she wished one of her sons were gay.

Actually the only person that didn't ask me or harbour any suspicions was my Mom, and she's the only one I've told that I'm bisexual.

ReservoirAngel said:
the first time my parents met my boyfriend. i won't put the whole conversation through fear of having some kind of mental relapse and needing trauma therapy, but some highlights include these questions that my parents ask him:

Dad: You didn't pick him up at a gay bar did you?
Dad: Did you brainwash him in any way?

there were others like that about how me and him met from my dad, but then my mum kicked it up a notch with THESE outbursts:

Mum: I hope your gentle with him. He doesn't like it too rough. (actually i kinda do, but she assumed otherwise. nobody wants to know their child likes rough gay sex)
Mum: You're not using any creepy props are you?

and of course, the absolute howler that I still remember vividly to this day:

Mum: If you have some trouble getting things started tonight, I have a homosexual karma sutra book. I can leave it in the bedroom for you. Would that be good?

Please bear in mind that these were only the questions directed at him. I was there the entire time and I did occasionally get some horrifically awkward questions, the prime one being from my mum:

Mum: He's not too big for you, is he? You know...down there.

[sub]God my parents are awesome in a VERY disturbing way when they want to be[/sub]
I hope you don't take offense but that is SO bloody funny.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Hoo-boy, too many to mention. There was the time I was 10-11 and my father asked me in front of my big BROTHER if I was MENSTRUATING yet. At the DINNER TABLE.

Some things call for caps folks.

Even though I answered in the negative he handed me a big pack of sanitary napkins a few days later.

Oh and when Dad was called to school to talk about my cutting class (even though I'd moved out 2 years ago he was still my legal guardian) and he said, "Test her for drugs. She must be on drugs." This coming from an alcoholic. Thanks Dad.

And those two were not even the most embarrassing/scarring events of my life.

DarkPegasus333

Mar 21, 2010
There was one time back when I was 13 or so. I was just old enough to have hit puberty and still immature enough that I could play with my younger brother without feeling weird about "pretending" or whatnot. Well, I had him on my lap for whatever reason (it may have been around Christmas. I can't remember) and all of a sudden my mom started yelling at me from the other room. We had a talk about making my private parts "feel good". Yeah.

Once, while riding in the car with my friend's dad, he asked me if I was gay (I'm not). Of course, the man is the weirdest guy on the face of the planet and that doesn't quite top many of the things my poor friend has been through.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
Not so much with a parent, but with a parent's friend during a dinner party at our house:

Dad's Friend: "So, [real name], do you have a girlfriend?" (this being the typical question Filipino uncles ask just to be annoying)
Me: "No sir, I don't."
Dad's Friend: "Why, are you gay?" *he and everyone else, my dad included, start laughing*
Me: *stifles unbridled rage*

I could add "every time mom rags on me for being an atheist", but that's more infuriating than awkward.

Steam Colossus

Aug 17, 2010
I don't have a good story about myself... but a guy I know got a condom during christmas.

EDIT: Oh yeah! he's 16...

JunebugJuJuBee

Sep 6, 2010
Cyberjester said:
Lunar Shadow said:

JunebugJuJuBee said:

Oh ma.

I am not opposed to any questions, good sir. I am very difficult to offend. I understand your concern, though. Some people are very sensitive about their sexuality or personal identity. Ask away.