So my mom tried to get me to come 'out of the closet...'

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
I never had it, but when I did come out my parents admitted they'd worked me out but I never really had anything awkward happen. I was nagged briefly about about coming out to the rest of my family but that passed...

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Dad: "How's your girlfriend?"
Me: "I'll tell you when I find one."
Dad: "How's your boyfriend, then?"

It's not awkward, but it annoys the hell out of me. Can't I have no interest in women?(or men)

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Darkspectar said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Darkspectar said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Umm... not exactly the worst I can remember but one of the most memorable.

Let's just say it's like coming out of the closet, just not the gay closet. Some refer to it as coming out of the toybox.

It basically went with her freaking the fuck out, saying to "get away from me you sick pervert" and her basically saying she was going to disown me(probably joking on the latter of course).

Even though the hints were fucking EVERYWHERE and my sister actually knew for a while before I even told her. My mom is now just using it as a four-word insult now to annoy the hell out of me. Not a fun time. She is actually still in denial about it too.

If you do not know what I am talking about, look at my other posts if you don't get the whole "coming out of the toybox" thing. Particularly since I am pretty sure I will not be seeing any sympathy from any of my fellow Escapees. Your reactions may be similar.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]I'm a nice guy... I don't hurt anyone...[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Is that, by any chance, a reference for comming out as bisexual or having a fetish?
It's related to the former but many(ignorantly) think it is related to the latter.
There is nothing shameful about being bisexual. I know because I am. And admit the dark magic and vampirism is pretty cool.
I am not bisexual.

[sub][sub][sub]It begins with the letter between O and Q. In other words, considered bad by pretty much everyone due to ignorance.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Aww honey bun.
*hugs you tight*
I'm here for you, I know it's hard.
-Tabs<3-

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
A lot of my family has been nagging me about the prospect of having children, too.
(Because pressure about getting a boyfriend/married isn't enough)
"As soon as God sends an angel to let me know about it, I'll call you."

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Heh, I have had the gay discussion with the parents before. It's probably because in my family I am probably the only one under thirty that isn't either married, a parent, both, or immediately planning to be. I get asked all the time at family get togethers why I am single and if I like girls in the first place. First of all, even if I was gay I would still probably be single, I donlt know why being single past 25 yrs of age = homosexual.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
DuctTapeJedi said:
A lot of my family has been nagging me about the prospect of having children, too.
Yeah I get that too. I suspect my grandmother still has hope I will in not too long get the unbearable longing to mother some children and that I will marry a man for doing so. Even though she never outright says it, she's pretty transparent. She also doesn't like my girlfriend's family for being foreign though, bless her. <3

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
They never asked me this, instead I told them at 18 that I was. Trying to talk about it with them is still kinda akward (and my example for this thread). But theyll come around I guess.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
My mother used to get on me, trying to make me come out forever, saying she'd still love me and that she'd be okay with it. When she said "Love you" I felt suspicious. After denying it 3000 times, she admitted that if I were gay, she would disown me and essentially never speak with me again and smear my name from the family.

God help me if she finds all my furry stuff.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
Because I did not get an interest in guys until I was 11, almost 12, my family thought I would become a lesbian.

When I heard that, I didn't know what to say.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Periods with my Mother.
I was 11 when I started mine so as much as I knew what was going on, it was still a "WTF WHY?!?!" moment. Que my Mum sitting me down and talking about blood coming out from down there.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I don't have many awkward conversations... maybe the time where I kept saying Obama was going to fail as president and most of his votes were coming in just because he's black... and my mom seriously thought I was racist...<.<

Scde2 said:
I've also had awkward conversations because of you and Best Of The 3...
like when I was hounding Best to put on his dress I had to explain how it was just taken out of context... or one time when we we're talking about teh buttcecks in Forum games and my mom asked if we we're in a "relationship"... that one was really awkward... you know what I pick that one instead...<.<

101flyboy

Jul 11, 2010
Man, the gay rumors. I can tell you, I've been labeled gay by a ton of people at one point. I've been point blank asked at least 3 times. My grandmother would use ****** and I would say "that's offensive", and then she said basically that's because you're one of them. That was a bit hurtful.

The most awkward thing really wouldn't be anything asked of me or towards me, but having to experience the family feuds in my household, and not knowing what to do when people are arguing. So I just stay out of it and pretend it isn't happening.

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
My mom asked me if I was gay not long after I turned 18 during an argument. Part of it was from a lack of enthusiasm about church, but mostly it was because I hadn't had a single relationship up to that point.

That's not for a lack of trying mind you. I've lived with unrequited love for half a decade. Nothing like an awkward, poorly thought out question from a parent to remind you of your lonliness.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
Luckily, I don't recall something like this.

Drakane said:
After my sister asking if I would of still been born had my mom not had a miscarriage between myself and my sister my mom responded.

"Of course, at the time me and your dad were just fucking like bunnies."
LOL. You win.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Sacman said:
I don't have many awkward conversations... maybe the time where I kept saying Obama was going to fail as president and most of his votes were coming in just because he's black... and my mom seriously thought I was racist...<.<

Scde2 said:
like when I was hounding Best to put on his dress I had to explain how it was just taken out of context... or one time when we we're talking about teh buttcecks in Forum games and my mom asked if we we're in a "relationship"... that one was really awkward... you know what I pick that one instead...<.<
Why, you told her we weren't in one?

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
My dad once suggested that I should nail my cousin. He saw no problem with it and he thought that we seemed like a good match.
I drank...heavily that night, yet I still remember it. :/

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
Anytime a women calls home and wants to talk to me, I get a "discreet" interogation from my dad. Things such as "How old is she?" or "Where does she lives?" and the ever so popular "Is she in the same school?".
My dad is a policeman.
EDIT: I'm 17 years old.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Scde2 said:
Sacman said:

Scde2 said:
Why, you told her we weren't in one?
She came to the assumption herself after reading my posts...besides it's the truth, is it not?
...<.<

brtshstel

Dec 16, 2008
DuctTapeJedi said:
EDIT: No, I am not in the closet. I just happen to be a female who has male friends, is interested in carpentry and masonry work, and who doesn't put having a relationship high on the priority list.
(Because pressure about getting a boyfriend/married isn't enough)
"As soon as God sends an angel to let me know about it, I'll call you."
I'm sorry for that. And I fucking hate that stereotype. Is it so wrong for a woman to enjoy "manly" hobbies and career skills? Why does not liking bullshit "barbie-doll" traits and being the stereotypical submissive female baby-machine automatically make you a butch lesbian?

I will tell you this: when the system fails and cultural development goes backwards, it is the poor blue-collar people, of whom which society rests on the broken backs, will the be the ones thriving; not the hair dressers, dipshit overpaid CEOs, and stupid spoiled whores on reality TV.

It is the farmers, hearders, hunters, builders, engineers, electricians, plumbers, and mechanics whom will be able to survive and thrive. Materials and skills, not paper money, will be the real currency.

If you like masonry, carpentry, architecture and construction, I applaud you. It is the people of your profession that built society to what it is today.

And finally, you don't have to prove nothing to nobody. As long as you do what you have to do to get ahead in this world, then forget what anyone else thinks, including your mother. You live for yourself first and forget the rest.