So notch is an assh*le......

Mar 5, 2011
This reminds me of the time the escapist blew up over Extra Credits leaving the Escapist. I looks like a massive misunderstanding to me. Hopefully everyone involved in this mess can come away from it not hating each other.

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
I find it impossible to give a shit. Internet celebrities are here today, gone tomorrow, like a fart in the wind, so I think it's futile spending time and energy debating who is right ...and who is dead.

#Inconceivable!

silversnake4133

Mar 14, 2010
Monicro said:
silversnake4133 said:
Nah, Notch was just trollin'. He's a genius when it comes to that stuff, it's just a lot of his fans and the Yognau(gh)ts took his words way too seriously and thus back sassed him. He probably just wanted to punk the Yogscast and he did. I find the whole affair quite funny now. The Yogscast guys will probably get over it/figure it out soon enough, and after that they'll probably all have a good laugh about it and move on. Come on guys, even though he's a business man he can still have a little bit of fun every now and again right? I mean, if you were a part of a very successful video game company, wouldn't you play pranks on a few of your friends as well? I know I would. :D
The yogscast crew got harassed in real life over this and their website is being DDOS'd. Just throwing that out there.
Notch can't control what the fans do, and neither can the Yogscast crew. Why else was this such a huge issue? The fans took matters into their own hands by jumping to conclusions and making a scene out of it by taking/defending sides. Notch has already said his peace, and so have the Yogscast crew. Continuing to bring this issue up is disrespectful to both parties who would really rather wash their hands of it and let the topic die. What's done is done.

The Rainmaker

Jun 21, 2009
I'm sorry, but I have to take the yogscast's side. Notch started everything with some really immature comments without even talking to the yogscast about it first. When the yogscast (eventually) responded, it was a mature and truthful response. They aren't always immature child-men, thats just their image, and it's what the yognau(gh)ts love. I am certain they are mature when they need to be.

Also, look at the yogscast panel videos, they are amazingly grateful and kind, and even if they did swear at a kid, its not like it's that big a deal. They didn't walk up to his face and scream "fuck you!" And it's also a part of their humour - they always swear. Don't invite them to a convention if you don't want their humour. Also, in the yogscast's response, they say that they weren't given any guidelines, so I think it was silly of Notch to complain about it in the first place.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Personally, I highly doubt that the Yogscast are the most friendly people around. I'm sorry, but where I live, British people are known to have an ego, especially famous people.
Where the hell do you live?! Brits are known for being grounded and self-depricating.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
silversnake4133 said:
Notch can't control what the fans do, and neither can the Yogscast crew. Why else was this such a huge issue? The fans took matters into their own hands by jumping to conclusions and making a scene out of it by taking/defending sides. Notch has already said his peace, and so have the Yogscast crew. Continuing to bring this issue up is disrespectful to both parties who would really rather wash their hands of it and let the topic die. What's done is done.
Sure he can't but he can tell he does not approve. At no point he said he does not want fans to do that. He could easily tweeted "Guys don't be dicks. Let us solve it between ourselves" or something along the line. I'm pretty sure the information about all what was going on reached him and yet he did not react. It's the lack of responsibility on his side that really is the annoying part, and i can only hope internets people will learn something from this whole affair (however my inner WH40k nerd however tells me that hope is the first step to disappointment).

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Personally, I highly doubt that the Yogscast are the most friendly people around. I'm sorry, but where I live, British people are known to have an ego, especially famous people.
Where the hell do you live?! Brits are known for being grounded and self-depricating.
Macrobstar said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:

I don't agree with Notch posting all that on twitter but overall, I think Notch speaks more truth than the Yogscast.
Where do you live? Because you can totally stereotype them based on there country, plus notch is way more famous and his ego dwarfs all
I'm from Belgium. And yes, a stereotype for British people here is that they have an ego and look down on foreigners. Again, it's a stereotype, but if I base myself on all the British people I've met, I can see where that stereotype came from.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Eh, brilliant! Publicly slander someone, say sorry through a fucking tweet and apparently its all fine now, regardless of the fallout caused by his stupid comments. I love how the internet works.

And all the "he donated money, he can't be an asshole" comments... I mean really? I can be an arse at times yet i'll still give money to a charity or homeless guy if I can, even if that means i'll have to do without a drink on the way home. Is that any less charitable? Not really, I helped him, I gave up a personal comfort. I made another human happier. Am I still a dick for my general behavior? Of course I am. You can't buy a change in character just by giving to charity.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Loop Stricken said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Macrobstar said:
BoTTeNBReKeR said:

I don't agree with Notch posting all that on twitter but overall, I think Notch speaks more truth than the Yogscast.
Where do you live? Because you can totally stereotype them based on there country, plus notch is way more famous and his ego dwarfs all
I'm from Belgium. And yes, a stereotype for British people here is that they have an ego and look down on foreigners. Again, it's a stereotype, but if I base myself on all the British people I've met, I can see where that stereotype came from.
Well here its a stereotype that indy game developers make shit up about youtubers, so I guess I should believe yogscast (Jks)

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
jamiedf said:
Pebblig said:
jamiedf said:
notch is a total arsehole, he even admitted that the shit he said wasnt entirely well informed, and now hes issued a pathetic apology which is fans are just willing to accept because there great idol as spoken. i really cant stand the egotistical prick with his hypocritical and two faced practices.

just take a look at the responses from both sides, notch bitches all other twitter leading to the yogcast being attacked in real life by his rabid fans. yogcast- wait and respond sensible and maturely....yeah thos childish yogcast men how dare they present themselves in a reasonable manner
Opinion is invalid until you learn how to use the keys surrounding the letters on your keyboard. See those little lines and dots? They may turn out to be mighty useful when attempting to convey an opinion.
Here is my an opinion for you, a petulant child who as nothing to add to a discussion, but instead decides to point out grammar errors in other peoples comments; which could only be some ill-guided attempt at making them feel superior. should either shut up or actually contribute to the discussion.
I see you can use those keys when you want to? Still, you should re-phrase it slightly. I feel that I have contributed to the conclusion, as with the inclusion of correct grammar and punctuation, comes the ability to understand what people are attempting to say.

I shall simply leave you with some help:
http://www.spelling.hemscott.net/advice4.html
http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/punctuation/punctuation-rules-help.html

In conclusion, umadbro?

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
I can not say anything that hasn't already been said. However, just please watch these videos

Oh no! THEY ARE SAYING THANK YOU!

Ok, sure, this is NO proof they were as white as angels, but let me continue

Nothing outrageous here atm. Most of it is looking at what other people have done, rather than fuel their own egos.

Well, um, Notch...

I'm really sorry, I love BOTH Yogscast and Notch, but at the moment it's more leaning towards Notch being an arse hole. Yogscast may have been like what Notch said, but there is no proof as yet. Plus notch was a bit of an arsehole to them anyway, and had slandered them before even considering talking to them.

What may of happened between them could be true. Unless there is 100% proof that the Yogscast were outrageous and so forth, then there will never be a truth to what happened. All we can do at the moment is apologise to the Yogcast and forget about it. You may secretly believe Notch i right, and it may be true, but until there is proof, just grit your teeth and bear the fact that he was most likely wrong and offended inocent people.