So.... reasons why wouldnt you go to australia?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I would visit Australia, I would never live there though. I don't think the politics would make me very happy. I'm very against censorship of any type, and the current videogames are bad for people mentality makes me wary of living there. Yes, I am also aware the U.S. has policies being proposed as we speak but in the end I believe they will not be passed.
The day that things like the Anti-Piracy thing and Net Neutrality make it into law as they are currently written will be a sad one for me, but I have faith that the overall American court of opinion will win out in the end. After all, politicians are scared of not being re-elected more than anything (except maybe being caught with their pants down banging their secretary and not their wife, on YouTube or CNN...) and in this country, pissing the public off does have consequences.

Makhiel

Dec 15, 2010
It's on the other side of the globe, people walk upside-down and what not. 8)

Serious reason not to go to Australia? New Zealand. :) (As in going to NZ would be my only excuse not go to Australia)

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Hey, I think that pic is from my house!

The spiders aren't that scary. They're cute and fluffy, like a kitten. Although, I admit, they're often bigger than a kitten... and have bigger teeth...

But I grew up in Africa, with big things that will kill you. So the little poisonous things that will kill you in Australia don't really seem all that scary.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
TU4AR said:
Erja_Perttu said:
I just came back from Australia (Sydney mainly) and yeah, it's bloody expensive. AND THEY DON'T EVEN DO PINTS! WHAT DEVILRY IS THIS!
...what kind of pussy-ass places where you going to? We do pints. I think if you go to Victoria you're fucked, but Sydney does pints all the time. You can get steins at the German places, too.

I think I saw someone say it isn't too expensive here, and to them I say what is wrong with you?

The only place more ridiculously expensive than here I've ever been is Switzerland.
Nah, they do pints in Victoria too, but you often have to ask for them specifically. I'd never heard the word "pot" used in the context of beer before I came to Melbourne...

mcdain

Oct 2, 2011
Because everything could- and would- try to kill me.

And I'm not big on spiders as it is.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Lol @ the racism in this thread.

Honestly, in the populated areas, you don't see so many huge spiders or bugs. I'd be more scared of the locals than the creatures.

mors616

Jun 1, 2011
there are atleast three deadly animals the3re that the rest of the world does not have

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I live here, but my ex ('Merican) was hesitant because of the snakes, spiders, and lack of some of the American food...yet she'll probably never get to experience Shapes and Tim Tams

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
I have no problem with the country itself. I have have many Australian friends that I would love to visit, as well as my brother-in-law's family.

Reason why I wouldn't go, however: it's expensive to get there. Also, I don't think my sanity would last on a day-long flight over the ocean.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
The large bugs, the oppressive lack of an 18+ rating, the fact that it's the complete opposite side of the world from the rest of my friends and family...

Oh, and Christmas with Summer weather. That'd just fuck with my head too much.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Put it this way, my dream holiday essentially involves a log cabin in the alps.

Heat. Kills. Me.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Let's get to a more pertinent question, if I might.

Raise your hand if you can think of a reason why you should go to Australia.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
FortheLegion said:
I really miss the amazing public transportation :(
The transportation needs to be good.

To get you away from the spiders and snakes.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
The only reason is 18 hours flight from my country to Australia. I can barley stand 4 hour flights and 7 hours to US is limit of my endurance...so unless I'd go for a very long, drawn out trip around the world, stopping for few days in other countries on the way, there is no way I'd even attempt it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I would love to go, but the plane tickets are really expensive. I was thinking of getting my degree in Australia, but it turned out to be too big a project. I also can't take the heat...