So what are your top 3 games this year.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
(1) Skyrim
(2) Batman: Arkham City
(3) Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I'm suprised Dragon Age 2 isn't making a stronger showing, Oh wait no i'm not.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
1. Portal 2 (has some the best and funniest writing ever in a video game)
2. Batman: Arkham City
3. Shadows of the Damned (this game deserved a bit more attention than it got, although it's far from perfect)

The HD version of Shadow of the Colossus is actually the best game I've played this year,
although I like Portal 2 almost as much. I haven't played ICO yet, though.

I played a bit of both Catherine and El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron and I'm looking
forward to getting back to them when I have time.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
1. Saints Row: The Third
2. FIFA 12
3. Arkham City

I haven't gotten Skyrim yet but I know I'll love it but thinking about it, it will probably bump Arkham City off the list and come in at 3rd or maybe 2nd. I just play way too damn much FIFA to not put it in my top 3.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Xenoblade Chronicles (Finally a game that justifies my ownership of a Wii!)
Batman: Arkham City (I do not like stealth, at all. the fact that I enjoyed the stealthy bits in this game more than anything, means a lot.)
And...

Euhm...
And...

Okay, just those two.

Why?

I didn't care about MW 3 or BF 3, because I am as tired of the modern warfare shtick as I was tired of the WW II thing back in the day Medal of Honor was still all the rage.

Pokemon Black and White is just the same damn think all over again - it's called innovation people, the series whose concept you ripped off (being Megami Tensei) has had no trouble with that, yet you've been making the same game (twice or trice at a time!) for every two years the past decade and a half!

Skyward Sword is just Ocarina of Time again, but with different twists. And worse level design. And the fact that you HAVE to use the damn motion sensor of the Wii-mote (thank God Xenoblade came with a 'normal' controller). Wake me up when Okami 2 goes in production.

Rage? Bah, so you can load humongous textures into your levels? Well, Xenoblade can do that too - and that game is on the Wii. Wii has crappy graphics you say? True that, but so does Rage at a closer inspection. Also, once you upgrade your shotgun, make some good ammo and forge a couple of those mobile turrets, the game's just too easy.

Skyrim? Sorry, I still regret playing Oblivion. A good story with engaging characters isn't a requisite for every game... But it is a requisite for an RPG. The Elder Scrolls series might be able to create a world with a consistent mythos, but the character suck as much as the story they're in: a lot!

Gears of War 3? Sorry, but no, I'm not insecure enough to play that kind of macho nonsense - it's the Western equivalent of a Japanese developer making a game with overly feminine teenage guys with spiky hair and blushing 16-year old school girls sporting G-cups and mini-skirts. It exists, but it just isn't right.

Still haven't played Deus Ex, InFamous 2 or Portal 2, so yeah, maybe one of those will one day fill the third spot.

Mar 20, 2010
1 - Saints row: The Third
2 - Deus ex: Human Revolution
3 - Portal 2

would be my picks. But i still have not played Skyrim or Assassins Creed: Revelations.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Since I've only played a handful of new games this year, I might as well list the lot. With the top three bolded for emphasis, of course.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age II
Portal 2

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Saints Row: The Third

...something tells me that not placing Skyrim in my top three will be considered the gaming equivalent of blasphemy.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dead Space 2
Dead Island

Probably. Just off the top of my head. I'm at work, so I can't actually check.

Oct 10, 2011
the only games ive played that(i think) come out this year are
1: Fallout NV
2: Dead Space 2
3: Skyrim
and dead space got boring almost immediatly after i beat it, and Skyrim(im prepared for hate mail) is extrodenarily average quality game, very overrated

McNoobin

Sep 8, 2009
1) TES V: Skyrim
2) Battlefield 3
3) Fifa 12

Least favorite is definitely Pokemon: Black. (Damn it, how am I supposed to have the most bad-ass looking team if they all look like throw away character designs that finally made it's way out of the trash from writer's block... or artist's block or whatever!)

Jan 27, 2011
1) Deus Ex Human Revolution: This is THE best videogame I have played in YEARS. Had almost all the things that made the first game good, but made it far smoother, and less clunky.

2) Sonic Generations: I won't lie, I'm a BIG fan of Sonic. And this game somehow managed to stand equal to Sonic 3 and knuckles, which I felt was the pinnacle of the series. It is a blast to play.

3) ...hmm......I'm tempted to say Infamous 2 here. It was a damn fun game, with great gameplay, setting, story, everything. Oh, and THE. Most. Awesome. Ending. In. YEARS. (The hero one). I never get emotional over games, but that ending REALLY sucked me in, and made me FEEL what it was I was doing. I had to take a minute before I was able to follow those last onscreen instructions to save the world.

Bastion is way up there, though. Possibly worth my number 3 slot.

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
Irridium said:
Witcher 2
Portal 2
Skyrim

In no particular order. There's more games I loved, but if I had to pick 3, those would be it.
This.

That said, Deus Ex:HR & Shogun 2 are up there; if i had a console I'd probably include Dark Souls & Uncharted 3, and i haven't even gotten to play a ton of good games because out of nowhere 2011 decided to be awesomesauce release year :p

X-mas steam sale will be expensive ^_^

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
1) Dark Souls
2) Portal 2
3) Skyrim

Honorable Mention: Deus Ex: HR
Dishonorable Mention: Duke Nukem Forever

If you take nothing else from this post:
BUY DARK SOULS NOW. IT IS STAGGERINGLY DEEP, DIFFICULT, INTENSE AND BEAUTIFUL.
(and regarding the difficulty: while it is very *hard* it is not *unfair*)