So, what did you end up buying in the Steam Sale? And, how much did you spend?

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
I actually didn't buy anything from Steam, still have too much stuff from the Thanksgiving Sale.

However, that didn't mean I didn't buy anything.

Duke Nukeum 3D ($2.99)
Baldur's Gate 1 Complete ($6.49)
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete ($6.49)
Planescapre Torment ($6.49)
Blood (won in a competition)
Mass Effect 2 (£7.49)
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition (£9.89)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (£0.00. Seriously)

That should be more than enough to be getting on with. Also, Humble Indie Bundle 2.

Diligent said:
Chibz said:
You know this applies to ALL video games right? Even consoles and disk copies? I don't see how it's suddenly a scam when its distributed a bit differently.
And ESPECIALLY console digital downloads, where it's difficult to get a back up for when Xbox Live/PSN is closed for the 360/PS3. At least with PC gaming, backups are easy and should (for sake of argument) Steam shut down, there's ways around it. No such ability for consoles.

ominator

Jun 27, 2010
Indie Flight Pack
Indie Mix Pack
Indie Fright Pack
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
Crysis
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Darksiders
Indie Beat Pack
Audiosurf
Meridian4 Complete Pack (Winter 2010)
VVVVVV
Shank
Deathspank
Torchlight
Overlord Complete Pack
Paradox Holiday Sale Pack 2010
It all totals up to: £107.76 or $166.87

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
EULAs are not legally binding as has been shown in court several times already. The ONLY minor exception is with MMOs and they only apply to server access. An MMO provider can deny you access to their server to play the game but once you have purchased it they cannot deny you access to the game itself just because you agree to an EULA. Basically they can deny future service but not past or present.

OT :

Grotesque Tactics
Sid Meier's : Pirates!
Divinity II
Warhammer 40k : Dawn of War (one, I already had 2)

Ended up spending about 50 bucks.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Khushal said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
I got:
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Tropico 3
Bioshock 2
I'll bet you anything that in a week, you will be dead tired of Juanito and TNT radio...

I got

Fallout 3 GOTY

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Vietnam DLC for Battlefield Bad Company 2 (the real reason I got BC 2)

So far I am very satisfied with both purchases which ended up costing me about 30 euro...
I wore out the demo before buying the full game and i'm still not tired of it lol. I find the game quite relaxing tbh.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Got myself the Indie Horror Pack. Gonna have me some fun. Cost £2.30 :p.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Dec. 21: Mass Effect (11,24 Euro)
Dec. 23: Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (14,99 Euro)
Dec. 24: Fallout: New Vegas (29,99 Euro)
Dec. 29: Crysis Complete (4,99 Euro)

Grand Total: 61,21 Euro

I bought a bit more during the Thanksgiving-sales though.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I was given Team Fortress 2, and Garrys mod.

I bought (for myself) The Killing Floor bundle, Half Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2 and got with it for free HL2 the lost coast, Half Life Source, Half Deathmatch source, and Half Life 2 Deathmatch.

And I gave to friends, Audiosurf, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Silent Hunter 5: Gold Edition, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, and Bloody Good time

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I finally wanted to get orange box and gave steam another try. It still doesnt really work, so i threw it off my machine again. fuck it. I'll buy it in a store sometime.

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Sixcess said:
I overdid it a little bit...

Aliens vs Predator
Alpha Protocol
ARMA II
Bioshock
Blood Bowl
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
C&C: Tiberium Wars
C&C: Red Alert 3
Crysis
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins
Hitman Trilogy
Half Life 2
Indigo Prophecy
Jericho
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead
Metro 2033
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Quake
Quake 2
Velvet Assassin
Zeno Clash

115 quid all in.

I have a lot of catching up to do.
same here buddy

2 copies of Civ IV complete (bought for colonization, like civ v more)
Europa Universalis 3 complete
Dead Rising 2
Empire/Napoleon TW complete
Serious Sam Complete
AaAaaAaaA! (i hope i spelled that correctly)
Sim City 4 deluxe
Killing Floor
Shattered Union

i have no regrets

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Nothing. I don't use Steam. I waste all my money at Gamestop. Woo evil corporations that take my money.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Star Wars - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It's the only one in that series I haven't played. Although I'm not overly impressed with it so far. The first Jedi Knight game had actual cinematics with actual actors, but this game opens with a sequence using in-game graphics.

Also picked up Civilization V and a few DLCs for it, but I missed it being on sale though.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Khushal said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
I wore out the demo before buying the full game and i'm still not tired of it lol. I find the game quite relaxing tbh.
You misunderstood me, the game itself is really good, I enjoy playing it alot... But oh man that DJ... He can really get on my nerves...
The DJ doesn't get on my nerves so much as Betty Boom does, she's just another Starbucks revolutionary bitching about everything and not really doing much about it.

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
Chibz said:
Nothing. Steam is all garbage in that it's a massive scam. Any price for a leased game is too much. Except if they priced it down to $0.01 / game...
Chibz said:
lacktheknack said:
Chibz said:
Geoffrey Williams said:
Just about everything you buy is leased to some extent. Get over it.
Actually, no. This is pretty much limited to video games. It's inane. And people tell me to "get over it". Madness.
Ever heard of the "repo man"? If that's not "everyrthing you own is technically leased", I don't know what is.
Repo-men take away things you bought but didn't actually pay for. Like if your cheque bounces (People still use cheques?). I'd do basic research, it would stop you from looking foolish.
Lol, this guy... comedy.