so what is your current GOTY 2015.

TheHorseWarrior

May 23, 2015
Bloodborne or Witcher 3, or something else of course

BB and Witcher 3 seem to be the big two so far for 2015, until MGS V comes out but as of right now what is your goty currently

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Bloodborne. I'm hard press to think of anything else coming out this year that would beat that for me. I never played any of the other MGS games other than Rising, so MGS V seems out of my reach.

As for Witcher 3, I never played the first game, and I played the second game when it was free and it didn't pull me in.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I don't have one yet because everything good (Read: Bloodborne and upcoming Persona 5) is being held hostage on the PS4 and I really disliked Witcher 2 so unless major changes were made to Witcher 3 it won't end up being that either.

I suppose it'll just end up being Persona 4 again. Persona 4 is GOTY every year. Actually is the new Fire Emblem this year? That will be a contender if it is.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
I don't have one yet because everything good (Read: Bloodborne and upcoming Persona 5) is being held hostage on the PS4
Persona 5 is coming out on the PS3 also.

OT: I feel a bit biased, because I'm still thoroughly invested in The Witcher 3, but that game is just dishing it out one hell of a gourmet meal. Added that I really didn't expect to like it at all since I hated The Witcher 2. It's nice to know that things can still pleasantly surprises you.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
One Piece: Piece Pirate Warriors 3 will be mine. So far no game has bested in playtime nor enjoyment. It didn't add enough new characters, but the ones they added are pretty awesome. They also re-did old characters. Some to the point of starting from square one. Like for example, they made Zoro actually "great" instead of "you can trudge through a battle with him". Sanji is still kinda meh, Usopp got a massive nerf, and chances are Perona is still unplayable.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Currently Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which I enjoy on a similar level to Wolfenstein: The New Order. The New Order in the end was second behind Bayonetta 2 as my favourite game of 2014, but to be fair, Bayonetta 2 has no competition. Bayonetta 2 wins everything.

Granted, Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out later this year, so we'll see how well things go. I have no interest in Bloodborne or The Witcher 3. Also holding out hope for Black Ops III given how highly I rate Black Ops II, but the only hope right now for it is that both Black Ops II and Advanced Warfare surpassed my expectations given by the trailer so maybe it will too.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
So far, Bloodborne(probably my game of the decade) followed closely by Witcher 3. Totally didn't expect that to be honest. I never played a Witcher game before and I pretty much went in with zero expectations but wow...this game just continues to blow my mind. When games are made as a pure labor of love you get the Witcher 3.

Ofcourse there are still Arkham Knight and Phantom Pain on the horizon. :p 2015 is shaping up to be one of the best years in gaming.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
I havnt played many games from 2015 yet (I still have such a huge 2014 backlog). However so far I think Im gonna have to go with Monster hunter 4 ultimate. I hadnt played monster hunter since the 2nd one but returning to the franchise felt like a breath of fresh air. It seems like Ive played the game for an hour or two every night since I got it so Ive certianly got my money's worth and then some.

However, if their track record maintains the same then I think Harebrained schemes new shadowrun game is probably going to be my GOTY choice or a close second, maybe third. Dragonfall was my number 2 choice for GOTY in 2014 (beat by the evolutionary Divinity original sin) and 2013 had Shadowrun as my number 2

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Witcher 3 so far. As much as I've loved Pillars of Eternity for being an uncompromising tactical rpg ala Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment, it just can't match up to the sheer scale and scope of Witcher 3.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
I had to check a list of this year's releases just to jog my memory. The only ones that jumped out to me were Majora's Mask 3D (my favourite Zelda game), and Titan Souls.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
The Wykydtron said:
I don't have one yet because everything good (Read: Bloodborne and upcoming Persona 5) is being held hostage on the PS4
Persona 5 is coming out on the PS3 also.

OT: I feel a bit biased, because I'm still thoroughly invested in The Witcher 3, but that game is just dishing it out one hell of a gourmet meal. Added that I really didn't expect to like it at all since I hated The Witcher 2. It's nice to know that things can still pleasantly surprises you.
How much does Witcher 3 change things from Witcher 2 then because I went into Witcher 2 trying really hard to like it for 6 hours (thanks Steam timer) and left with several reasons as to why I hated it. Does it step up its writing from needlessly Grimdark to actual mature writing or do they still think swearing a fuckload = mature storywriting. I suppose the combat should be good at this point at the least.

Also I don't even have a PS3, why must all the good games decide to abandon the Xbox 360 now? Did someone at Sony slip them a few more zeros on their next payment to drop multi platform support? I mean I wasn't expecting a Persona 5 PC port sure but after Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 having PC ports, Bloodborne just lolnopes it completely.

Eh, maybe i'll make my GOTY Valkyria Chronicles. It looks fuckin' good so far, 's basically Fire Emblem meets third person shooter set in WW2.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Bloodborne, until MGSV and P% come out to says otherwise. But I can't compare, they'll both end up GOTY in their own special way...... but MGSV still has DD so...

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Well, considering that I have yet to play any 2015 game other than Mortal Kombat X: Mortal Kombat X.

Hopefully Batman Arkham Knight dethrones it, and if I end up enjoying The Witcher 2 enough to get 3, maybe that will too, but for now, Mortal Kombat X.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
The Witcher 3. If that game isn't revolutionary I don't know what is. Every tiny little detail polished to perfection. Even side quests contain small stories. There's so much to do!

Honorable mention: GTA V PC.

TheHorseWarrior

May 23, 2015
Adam Jensen said:
The Witcher 3. If that game isn't revolutionary I don't know what is. Every tiny little detail polished to perfection. Even side quests contain small stories. There's so much to do!

Honorable mention: GTA V PC.
the witcher 3 is amazing...but i wouldn't really say its "revolutionary"

revolutionary is something like super mario 64 or metal gear solid that made a huge paradigm shift in the industry...the witcher sets the bar for rpgs, but it doesn't really fundamentally change them