So... what's your FAVORITE movie? No wishy-washy answers!

Movitz

Jan 30, 2013
Brother by Takeshi Kitano.. or Blade Runner by Ridley Scott. I'm not sure which one I like better. I'm quite sure I get and agree with the message in Brother, and not so sure if I agree or get the message in Blade Runner. But the major reason i like them is that both movies is so aestheticly pleasing to watch and have awesome soundtracks.

So yeah, sorry for being wishy-washy, but you're forcing me to judge between gods and I'm just a mere mortal.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite is probably Silence of the Lambs; it's a brilliant adaptation, loyal enough for me and works incredibly well on film.

Runners up include Dr. Strangelove (which I'm quite surprised nobody else has chosen yet), Up, and (yes) Spirited Away (or perhaps Porco Rosso or Princess Mononoke. One of those Ghibli films would take a solid third place, I think).

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I have to pick just one?!?!
[mental breakdown]
Okay, I'll go with Breakfast Club since I've seen it way more times than any other movie and loved it equally if not more so each time.

Runner ups: Clerks, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, and Chasing Amy

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
There are a lot of movies that could fill the gap, but I think I'd have to go with The Princess Bride.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for Zorro, The Gay Blade as the movie that introduced my childhood self to swashbuckling, though I know the humor hasn't all aged well.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
spartan231490 said:
"Accepted" you know, with Jason Long and Blake Lively. Not only is it without a doubt one of the 2 funniest movies I have ever seen, it also has a plain interesting story, but more than any of that, it has meaning. It points out how hopelessly flawed the US education system is. It took a serious issue and took it head on and made it funny, while still showing how important it was things needed to change. Here we are, 7 years later, and we still haven't heeded the warning. Definitely my favorite film
Huh, I thought I was the only one who saw and appreciated that movie.

I too want to learn to blow shit up with my mind.

MeTheMe

Jun 13, 2008
Since I was very young, my favorite movie of all time has been, and stayed, Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas. The animation is creative, the story is a lot of fun, and the music is sublime to me. This opinion of mine hasn't changed in a long time, and it might not.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
If animated movies count my favourite movie of all time would be Superman & Batman: Public Enemies. I love how they work together, the plot is really exciting and there is lots of action. Not to mention the animation and voice acting is top notch.

If I can't choose animated movies then I'd say my favourite live action movie would be X-Men: First Class. Pretty much faultless to me. Music in it was great too.

books of war 13

Jul 1, 2011
12 angry men. If you haven't seen it give it a chance, for a old black and white film its really good and you can watch it on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0NlNOI5LG0

Movitz

Jan 30, 2013
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
My favourite seems to change alot.

Right now it's "Once upon a time in America". I love the ambiguity and I love that it doesn't feel the need to give you a righteous protagonist.
Hah, I really didn't like that movie, just because you didn't feel any sympathy for, well anyone. I mean, I love gangster movies and morally grey charachters as much as the next guy, but De Niros character was a plain bastard that deserved every bad thing that came his way. I don't think that works with the main character in a story the same way many slasher movies fail by making the victims of the killer irritating assholes.

Krixous

Jan 15, 2013
I honestly loved night at the roxbury the fact that it was a movie made because of clip of 2 guys bopping there head to the side was extremely popular but as a horror movie fan i can't allow myself so i pick the hazing it kinda has a evil dead feeling to it slightly more modernized but a fantastic film.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
spartan231490 said:
"Accepted" you know, with Jason Long and Blake Lively. Not only is it without a doubt one of the 2 funniest movies I have ever seen, it also has a plain interesting story, but more than any of that, it has meaning. It points out how hopelessly flawed the US education system is. It took a serious issue and took it head on and made it funny, while still showing how important it was things needed to change. Here we are, 7 years later, and we still haven't heeded the warning. Definitely my favorite film
Huh, I thought I was the only one who saw and appreciated that movie.

I too want to learn to blow shit up with my mind.
baby steps. i think i'll get the pineapple to shake soon

Spikethebloody

Mar 10, 2013
probable a tie between

Snatch, because bullet tooth Tonny is one of the best characters ever,just for this scene.

and V for vendetta,that i've probably seen about 12 times,and it has the best ending and final fight scene of any action film i've seen.

Apr 24, 2008
Movitz said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
My favourite seems to change alot.

Right now it's "Once upon a time in America". I love the ambiguity and I love that it doesn't feel the need to give you a righteous protagonist.
Hah, I really didn't like that movie, just because you didn't feel any sympathy for, well anyone. I mean, I love gangster movies and morally grey charachters as much as the next guy, but De Niros character was a plain bastard that deserved every bad thing that came his way. I don't think that works with the main character in a story the same way many slasher movies fail by making the victims of the killer irritating assholes.
DeNiro's character isn't completely unredeeming. There's very obvious regret and visible change in the character throughout the timeline of the film. The shocking acts that do arise(I thought) had extra impact because they seemed to come out of nowhere and felt uncharacteristic, when most of the time he's fairly laid back and fairly charismatic too.

I thought this was all immensely interesting, but I couldn't go any deeper into my thoughts than that without revealing massive spoliers. I recommend the film to anyone with the patience to see it through(3 and 3/4 hours!).

If you want to talk about the film I'd be happy to, just do it by private messages.

Toodles.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
That'd have to be Serenity, but the runner-up is spirited away. Literally every one of my friends has to see those movies, or I'll keep badgering until they do.

XD I am a horrible friend.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
Kinitawowi said:
Yay, it only took three posts for somebody to decide that they were more super-special than the stated terms in the thread and rattling off huge lists!

Sigh. This is why "top X" threads are always doomed to failure.
I assume you mean me, which means you completely missed the spoiler box and think that four movies and an unqualified number of animated Disney films equals "huge lists".

And I was more playing it for a joke, anyway, because my username should be able to clue people in to my answer in threads like this one.
I totally didn't even notice your user name.

"Unqualified number" presumably means more than one (it was originally "lots"), so a thread that says pick one and "no wishy washy" is already up to at least six. If it's any consolation, yours wasn't the first one I spotted; that was this about a dozen posts further down:
JemothSkarii said:
I'm gonna have Four Catagories: Eastern Live Action, Western Live Action, Eastern Animated, Western Animated.
Then I just went back up and double counted. At least you settled on one eventually.

But every time I've seen one of these "oh come on people, try and think about a specific answer rather than rattling off a list of ten half-answers" - or even started one myself - anywhere on any forum in about twenty years of internet access, there's always people who decide that they AIN'T PLAYIN' BY NO RULES AND YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF MY INTERNET, MAN. On the one hand it helps prevent +1 threads with "M" (shortest film title I could think of) as the entire content of the post; on the other hand, I've always liked to think that threads asking for specific answers are trying to encourage people to actually stop for a few moments and commit to a single response, and make a decisive action.

Then I realise that I'm expecting people on the internet to think.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
The Nightmare Before Christmas, hands down my favorite movie ever. so much so I keep around an old VCR just to watch my physical copy from time to time.