So, who else is abandoning Microsoft this console gen?

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
It kills me to say it, but with the information we have as of now, I'm leaning toward the PS4. Frankly it has all been going down hill for me with Microsoft. Bungie lost Halo so the new soulless Halo lost me, and the Gears series is pretty much dead to me now as well. Those were the only MS exclusives I used to be pumped about that haven't already been given to Sony as well. These days I'm only playing games like Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect anyway.

As of now I think the only reason to go Xbox would be uber-fanboyism or the exclusives. I haven't really been keeping up to date with newer releases, but as far as I know there aren't enough Xbox exclusives to make up for the insanity.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I own a 360 right now, but I've sold most of the games (replaced my favorites with PS3 or PC versions) and plan on unloading the console sometime this summer.

So not only am I refusing to support Microsoft next generation, I'm also withdrawing my support for their current generation console as well.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I'm gonna do what I did last time, and wait about 4 years to see how things pan out. Although this time it looks like I'm going back to Sony.

Last time I waited 4 years and my PS2; with its mahoosive library kept me going. I wanted a PS3 but I ended up going for the 360 because the top range model was still cheaper than a standard PS3, I already owned a bluray player and the 360 had more interesting exclusives.

Now the upcoming gen looks to turn this on its head. But like I said I'll wait. Heck, if I buy a PS3 for cheap I could probably outlast the xbone and PS4 until the following gen.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
Meh. I'm predominantly a PC gamer. I'm old, married with very young kids. I don't 'share' or trade games in, and have a reliable net connection. I also have owned almost every console for the past 4 generations. I don't see this changing.

That being said, PS4 will be the console I buy at or close to launch. If I get an Xbone, it will be later after a substantial price drop.

Why do people act like owning more than one console isn't an option?

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
FalloutJack said:
As of now I think the only reason to go Xbox would be uber-fanboyism or the exclusives. I haven't really been keeping up to date with newer releases, but as far as I know there aren't enough Xbox exclusives to make up for the insanity.
Let me link you to the E3 list of confirmed games for consoles. If you're really talking about 'console exclusives', the Xbox has about the same as the PS4.

Look at this, which has been compiled. Compare the straight console only exclusives, and the PC / console shared exclusives. Unless my quick tally is incorrect, it stands around 17 games each. If you're talking console exclusives ONLY, then Xbone actually has more. (I'll let other people argue the quality of such exclusives).

http://yamamoto114.deviantart.com/art/8th-Gen-Console-Comparison-Xbox-One-vs-PS4-373228423

This below is another compiled list of all E3 games for every platform. Peruse and also come to your own conclusions.

http://i.imgur.com/ZWK5YzZ.png

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Don said:
No no no, you quoted the wrong guy.

ElTigreSantiago said:
It kills me to say it, but with the information we have as of now, I'm leaning toward the PS4. Frankly it has all been going down hill for me with Microsoft. Bungie lost Halo so the new soulless Halo lost me, and the Gears series is pretty much dead to me now as well. Those were the only MS exclusives I used to be pumped about that haven't already been given to Sony as well. These days I'm only playing games like Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect anyway.

THIS is who you were trying to respond to. I just made a smart-alecky quip.

80sboy

May 23, 2013
I already abandoned Xbox this gen when 2 of my 360s went belly up on me, especially the last one that was a slim model no less. Both under a year.

>>

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Well, I've never really pledged alliance to any of the console manufacturing companies. That said, I tried both the Wii and the Xbox360 this gen and neither of them managed to amaze me. I guess I might be going back to Sony full time from now on. For the last 3 gens they've done rather well, so I figure they deserve my trust a little bit more then the competitors. (I miss Nintendo from the SNES days, though).

Taurus Vis

Jan 12, 2013
As many others are telling there gaming story, I think I'll chime in.

Like many, my first contact with video games was the original Gameboy, and subsequently the SNES. Then, my childhood was absorbed by N64. A chance Birthday gift gave me access to a SEGA dreamcast for a time, until the crux of my gaming life came to me in the form of the original Xbox. Sporting titles such as KOTOR, Halo:CE and Star Wars Battlefront, it solidified my love of video games, and that allegiance carried on into the Xbox 360, which I do consider to be the best console to this date.

The Xbox One reveal and it's follow up announcements rang with a chord of dissonance. I didn't understand anything they were doing, or even why they would think it was more profitable than what they had going. I now realize that they are trying to entrap their consumers. Just like EA's online passes and Xbox Live's gold subscription fee, they are slowly trying to indoctrinate us into believing that it is alright to pay them obscene amounts of money for a service that is finite and has less quality. But this time they tried to do more than one anti consumer practice, and at a lightning fast pace at that. They gave us to many bad things to think about without a prerequisite amount of quality features to justify the bad.

Now, Microsoft had better realize their utter stupidity or they with crash and burn. Word of just my mouth has already netted Sony six sales. That may seem like very few, but if there are thousands of others like me that do the same... Microsoft might be hearing stuff like this out there windows: (see what I did there)

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
MeChaNiZ3D said:
I'm one of those people who didn't get a 360 'last' gen because I didn't want to pay for online. Which makes the next gen an interesting conundrum: On the one hand, the Xbone will be fucking ludicrously restrictive and stupid, etc. On the other hand, the PS4 will be essentially a 360 but a Playstation. Really, there is nothing I want the PS4 for other than straight out playing games the same way I do now. The recording might be useful and the social integration is going to be a pain in the ass, but when it comes down to it, it's a vanilla console, with paid online. And that's the only bad thing I can say about it, and yet it was enough for me not to get a 360 last time, because I hate subscriptions, at all. I hate being forced to use something as much as possible because I'm paying for it, and I hate not getting my money's worth out of something, and I'm going to be really annoyed if I pay for a year and only use half of it because then a couple of great single-player games come out. Might get a PC for once. And maybe a Wii U NOPE MUST STAND STRONG.

But basically, yeah, Xbone is off the cards entirely. It would have taken a bit of convincing even without all the shit it's been saddled with.
If you download just 1 free game a year from PSN, the service pays for itself.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Zenn3k said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
If you download just 1 free game a year from PSN, the service pays for itself.
Point taken, but it remains to be seen whether PS+ will continue to supply reasonably good, full games for free once the majority of the userbase has it.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
9thRequiem said:
Not me, I'm one of the people who actually like the new direction.
(If you're going to throw rocks, please avoid the face!)
Your apart of the Microsoft Alliance and a traitor, take him away!

*Ahem*, actually I wouldn't be so quick to suggest other places than the face if I was you: