So, who goes to the Gym/exercises?

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
DYin01 said:
The Afrodactyl said:
I do three hours of karate a week, and do about 160 push ups a week.

I should really bump it up to 75 a day, my arms are far too noodlerific.
Don't. There's no point in training your muscles every day. Do pushups one day, take a day's rest, do pushups again, take a day's rest. When you rest, your muscles grow. If you strain them before they're restored, nothing happens. There's a great training schedule on the interwebz that builds you up to being able to do 100 consequetive (is that the right spelling? I don't think it is) pushups. I do 100 in several sets nowadays and I only started a few months ago. Back then, I could barely hit 5 in total before crashing.
Well I can hit 100 in a single stint if I push it, but I didn't know about the rest thing, thanks :D

Hulten

Oct 14, 2010
I don't go to the gym, but I do exercises like push ups, sit ups, pull ups, and weight training with some weights I have at home. I also jog when the weather is nice. So fare now though it has been switching between sunny days and vast amounts of snow. So I've been jogging less and less lately because of the shifting weather.

I do all my exercise whenever I have the time. Like maybe I'm waiting for something on my computer to load. Then I do some push ups. I'll watch TV and do as many sit ups as I can before the commercials are over. Just a little here and a little there of course.

Dieter Meyer

Jan 14, 2011
I take push-ups/situps randomly at home when I feel like... That's basically it. When summer comes I'll probably do some walking/jogging, I've started to notice my chin getting fatter.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Everyy day except the weeknends, i do 2 body parts at a time (today back and tricipes, tomorrow chest and biceps, you get my drift), after i hit the gym i go to turkish bath, then i dive in a cold pool, then turkish bath again, then i take a shower and go home.

Not a rich person, but the gym is rather cheap considering the stuff it has... like... 37 euros the equivalent to 51 dollars i think....

the gym has basicly everything... and its real good, and has lots of space... its not in the city its like in the outskirts of it, has a real nice placing and everything...

the only problem is that i take 40 minutes reaching there.... well, "those who run with taste, never get tired" i guess...

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
I don't right now but I plan to join by nearby gym once I've finished uni and have more time, I really could do with the exercise and every time I start a schedule at home I end up getting lazy and stopping, if I'm paying per month for it I'll be more likely to keep it up, maybe.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
3X during the week for ~45 minutes doing pure cardio. Plus the occasional trip on the weekend.

Being married to a wonderful wife who doesn't care about my physical strength or appearance, I work out only to keep my heart strong and stave off obesity related illnesses.

I don't *like* to work out. I tolerate it at best. But I know that not working out is not an option if I want to live to see my grandchildren.

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
I don't like gyms. Why would I want to go into a room, and sit upon a stationary bicycle, or walk upon a treadmill, and pedal away; when I could be doing the 'real' thing outside, and actually be going somewhere?

That said, I enjoy long distance bicycling, mountain climbing, backpacking, kayaking, etc.

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
Gym? No. Exercise? Yes.

The stench, sweat stains, and constant glares from others judging you or sizing you up tends to keep me away from gyms. That and the membership fee, why should I pay when I can do it on my own for free? The pool would've be the only reason to pay, but my friend has one. So... In your face godlife!!! (that's right godlife, their sign is broken for about a year now)

I ride my bike, roller blade, take martial arts, and play basketball and soccer with my friends, and work at Toyota. So I get all the exercise I need.

Mar 26, 2008
I go to gym twice to three times a week for about an hour and a half because now that I'm rapidly approaching 35 my once resiliant body gets out of shape quickly if I don't go. That and my dad had heart problems before he was 60 and it scares the shit out of me.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
Well I do not go to the gym but I am thinking about starting cycling to school when the whether gets better and then I am going to cycling 60km every week...the only problem is with where I am going to place my bike.

skips

Feb 2, 2009
I don't like the gym (too self-conscious), but I still work out.

Basically, 3 times a week (hour each) using a bench and dumbbells. Basically, things like squats, bench presses, cleans, deadlifts, etc. No cardio. I try and eat 4000+ calories a day.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
I run cross country/distance track after school, and I run an average of 6 miles a day with all the different intervals and training exercises. Then we lift about 3 days a week for about an hour.

It's very tiring.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I swim laps for at least 40 minutes three working nights a week, the other two nights I do 40 minutes on my awful uncomfortable exercise bike, I take the weekends off. I'm just trying not to die before I can have a beer with my son. I started two months ago and already feel healthier, though I haven't lost much weight yet. I really like swimming, it helps me sort out my thoughts and is a nice solitary period in my otherwise hectic day.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
The Afrodactyl said:
DYin01 said:
The Afrodactyl said:
I do three hours of karate a week, and do about 160 push ups a week.

I should really bump it up to 75 a day, my arms are far too noodlerific.
Don't. There's no point in training your muscles every day. Do pushups one day, take a day's rest, do pushups again, take a day's rest. When you rest, your muscles grow. If you strain them before they're restored, nothing happens. There's a great training schedule on the interwebz that builds you up to being able to do 100 consequetive (is that the right spelling? I don't think it is) pushups. I do 100 in several sets nowadays and I only started a few months ago. Back then, I could barely hit 5 in total before crashing.
Well I can hit 100 in a single stint if I push it, but I didn't know about the rest thing, thanks :D
Happy to help. ^^ 100 is very nice!

Thimblefoot

May 10, 2009
Nah, I am WAY too lazy to even attempt going, I am a healthy weight and fit enough as it is. I would rather spend my time gaming and whatnot.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I don't go to the gym, but I do go out for a walk/jog on a morning when noone else is up. It helps me wake up and start the day.