Soar Into Super Mario Galaxy 2 on May 23rd

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
I need a cup of juice and a rest...

WANT! It's got a mandatory long jump right there! It's for seasoned players, the sorts who laughed at Luigi mode. (MUHAHAHAH!)

Really wanting this...

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
OK that trailer has secured the deal for me. This is now a day 1 purchase for me, I loved the first one although I didn't get every star as I had intended to do. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some stars to get.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I'll probably be thrown out of the Nintendo Fan Club for saying this, but I wish Yoshi wasn't in it. I loved the 1st game as it really felt like a classic platformer and it came out at just the right point in my life where all I could really cope with re: gaming was something as simple and enjoyable as Mario. However, Yoshi always ended up pissing me off whenever he appeared in a Mario game (great in his own series though) as I would always accidently press the wrong button and screw things up by either jumping off accidently, swallowing not spitting (STOP LAUGHING BACK THERE) etc which just complicated things and pissed me off.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aww man.
I cant wait.

This is going to be a great year for the wii.

Mario is coming out soon and Metroid: Other M is also coming out sooner than i thought.
Oh happy day.

wadark

Dec 22, 2007
AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt said:
err... i think it's called playing videogames for fun, what you're missing i mean
I play videogames for fun...not sure how else I'm supposed to play them.

However what is NOT fun, is forking out ANOTHER $50 for a slightly repackaged version of a game that I beat back in 1997, but is actually trying to be put past us as something new (Super Mario 64 for the slow). Super Mario Sunshine did just enough to keep me interested, but Super Mario Galaxy was lame. So I don't hold out much hope for SMG2.

That said, I'm always open to the possibility of Nintendo surprising me and somehow making the game interesting, new, and, what was the word? Fun!

P.S. I do, in fact, hate chess. But checkers rule.

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
this will be one of the 2 games i buy for the wii this year, this and the new zelda if thats out this year

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Oh hell yes... This'll tie the wait over for zelda later on in the year too! By god, this is the first time in years I'm glad I have a Wii. Sweet...

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
My jaw just hit the floor so hard it nearly slammed right through it.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
wadark said:
I really REALLY wanna be excited. The little 4 year old inside me that's STILL playing Super Mario Bros on the NES is screaming in glee...but I'm no longer that 4-year-old. I'm 21 and an incurable cynic.

SMG2 does NOT excite me...at all. Why, you ask? You didn't ask? Shut up, its the internet and I'm determined to shove my opinion down your throat. So, why, you ask? Because its Mario. I can tell you exactly what this game entails having never played it or even seen a video.

Bowser does something to capture the princess or something similar, Mario must collect stars or something similarly shaped, you jump around on variously-themed worlds to collect said stars, and once you have enough stars it all culminates in an epic showdown with Bowser that you win by hitting him in some fancy way EXACTLY three times.

The End.

So, I'm afraid I'm NOT with you, Mario makes me depressed.
Now I want them to turn it so something competely different happens.

They won't though, unfortunately.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I believe i will buy it the first one was pretty good, and this one looks equally as good if not better (this is from the trailer and it could be different, ya never know)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
John Funk said:
That's much earlier than almost anyone was expecting, but also kind of heartening. Not only does it indicate that the game is shaping up well enough to not need the extra development time, and not only will we be getting our hands on it earlier, but any indication that major publishers are moving away from the "All of our big titles in the last three months of the year" strategy is a good one in my book.
The cynic may think the other way, that Nintendo is just hashing in a tired mechanic already used from the first game and just slapping on some new skins.

But I'll let you dream ;)

Seriously though, it does looks nice. While I never really got into the fire "U R MR GAY" (sorry, after the first revelation of SMG2 my friends and I were all screaming "YOU ARE MR GAY 2! YOU ARE MR GAY 2!!!"), this could give my Wii a boostershot in playing time.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
eh... the first game imo wasnt that good. It got so borning for me I couldnt even finish it. Thats when I pled not to buy another mario game ever...