Some good music.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Blue Oyster Cult, the one who did the original Don't Fear The Reaper track, has somehow released an album recently for the first time in like 20 years

Was expecting worse tbf. Only knew 2 songs from them so was curious on old albums.

Also could be worse. Though just stumbled across Family Gringo, which tickled some old-school foot-tapping gene lately.

Reactions: Offworlder

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Wow, Photek is name I haven't heard in a while! Trying to remember the popular song of his from back in the '90s...
Any of the DnB from Modus Operandi would be well known for the time, but honestly, his shit from that time can be a bit hit or miss for me. T'Raenon and Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu are my favorites from him.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Any of the DnB from Modus Operandi would be well known for the time, but honestly, his shit from that time can be a bit hit or miss for me. T'Raenon and Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu are my favorites from him.

That was going to be my first guess...
Yep, that's the one. It was on MTV''s Amp album I had years ago. Was never hugely into DnB, but the songs that stood out remain classics for me. The two I always go back to are:

1.8.7.: "We Are Not Alone"

DJ Dara: "RNA"

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Yep, that's the one. It was on MTV''s Amp album I had years ago. Was never hugely into DnB, but the songs that stood out remain classics for me. The two I always go back to are:

1.8.7.: "We Are Not Alone"
Ah yeah, I remember the 1st one. I liked jungle & DnB in the early days but was a bit young to really get into the scene properly. I had moved on to gabba/hardcore/acid techno by the time I was old enough to really get into rave culture properly. The more chill DnB from the mid 90s always takes me back though, a lot of my friends listened to it, even If I was glued to the gabba rig all weekend.

Last edited:

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Ah yeah, I remember the 1st one. I liked jungle & DnB in the early days but was a bit young to really get into the scene properly. I had moved on to gabba/hardcore/acid techno by the time I was old enough to really get into rave culture properly. The more chill DnB from the mid 90s always takes me back though, a lot of my friends listened to it, even If I was glued to the gabba rig all weekend.

Oh man I forgot about the gabber scene. All the cool kids back in the day where in gabber and shuffle circles.

I've been into DnB/jungle for for a while now, might be my favorite form of electronic music.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh man I forgot about the gabber scene. All the cool kids back in the day where in gabber and shuffle circles.

I've been into DnB/jungle for for a while now, might be my favorite form of electronic music.

I'm sorry; one cannot drop that album cover without dropping it's greatest track:

Reactions: Offworlder

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Once upon a time I had an open point of view
But that was just so long ago before I had a clue
Was there such a time where I didn't stand alone
Was there ever time
And how would I have known

Wake me up when this is over
I'm tired of living life like it's a dream
Please wake me up when it's all over
I'm tired of living right here in between
I refuse

Its all gone cold
But no one wants the blame
It's all so wrong
But who am I, who am I to say?

Perhaps I'm being too obvious with my current state of mind.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I don't particularly like rap music, but there are some rap songs I like so maybe the fact that I like them in spite of that means they're good.

Look Pimpin

Here Comes the Boom

I Want It All/ We Will Rock You

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Over the past +25 years, I've listened to the album version of this song hundreds of times (recently shared here, in fact,) and after only recently discovering it, THIS is easily my favorite version, and worth sharing again. Brilliance.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Something a bit more chilled than my usual. Classic electro mix from Dave Clarke. Reminds me of some good times.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This excellent English cover of "Kakusei" and "The Real Folk Blues".

Last edited: