Some good music.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

The lyrics for this one hurt me for hitting a bit too close to home.

Here am I
The divided self
My head spinning like a carousel
The world outside may still be beautiful
But I love this cell
Come over
You are still sane
I could give you just a little brawn
If you give me a little brains
It's a mess in here
I've been drinking myself blind again
My legs are numb, I just can't get up
Will you stay through the theatre
Of my self-pity, my lechery?
I'm waiting for your guiding light to bring me back
To the power and the glory
Send messages
Old suggestive shit
I know that it will catch me up
But I just can't help it
There's an emptiness in my core
It's embarrassing
Reel me in
Yes, I will confess
I'm numb and I don't give a fuck
'Cause it's all just surface
Why can't you and I just let go
And take all the risks?
My legs are numb, I just can't get up
Will you stay through the theatre
Of my self-pity, my lechery?
The power and the glory
The power and the glory

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
If you can listen to this and not weep, you're an objectively bad person.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
There are still angels among us, and they sometimes even perform music -

Acoustic version live -

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Two songs I have commenting on the music industry if that's something you're into.

This one needs to be listened to with headphones or in your car, it's a real thumper.

Good song for when I feel resentful or I'm writing certain kinds of characters.

My current ear-worm... it's corny AF, but still.

I'm confused as to how a song with no lyrics can be corny.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I'm confused as to how a song with no lyrics can be corny.
Easy, it's based on what's evoked by the music. Like if I hear a pastiche of stereotypical classical-era music, and it's obviously trying to take itself seriously, it's corny and I'll probably cringe. In this case, it's action/chase scene OST mush to the extreme with string-chords, brass harmony, and percussion beats which are very well worn, yet I enjoy the familiarity.

I mean, even with lyrics, one person's corny can be another's profound depending on how they interpret it thanks to comprehending the words in a different way (native language/fluency/use of language/second language transposition etc.).

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Some dear soul managed to make a very decent version of what is (apparently) called the Camel Blue version of the Top Gun Anthem. Its the one you hear at the beginning before the Kenny Loggins kicks in with the F-14 launching.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Been a while, this is what I'm listening to atm:

Nice, especially liking that 1st chill hip hop tune.

I'm afraid I can't really post anything up to date as, barring the odd exception, my quest for new musical adventures stopped in the early 2000s

Last edited:
Reactions: Offworlder

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Every time I think my musical tastes have evolved since my teenaged years and early 20s, I'm reminded of this gem, and the candy kid in my perks up a bit. (And no, I never partook of the "candy," though my then circle did with abandon.) Beautiful tack; reminds me of standing in a warehouse staring at my feet or at the ceiling, and just drifting away in the aural lushness.

Reactions: Offworlder

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Every time I think my musical tastes have evolved since my teenaged years and early 20s, I'm reminded of this gem, and the candy kid in my perks up a bit. (And no, I never partook of the "candy," though my then circle did with abandon.) Beautiful tack; reminds me of standing in a warehouse staring at my feet or at the ceiling, and just drifting away in the aural lushness.
Yup, the only new music I've got into since the early 2000's was synthwave, and that's basically just 80's themed electro/house. I never really left the 90's, went out there at a squat party one weekend and never quite came back.

Anyway...1994, you are American I assume, that clearly gives me an excuse to post this...

Sadly I can't find the rest of this record on youtube and my collection is in storage, so I can't post Sunrise Over Chernobile, but all the tracks on this one have an eerie haunting melody that sticks with me.

Might be more your thing:

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yup, the only new music I've got into since the early 2000's was synthwave, and that's basically just 80's themed electro/house. I never really left the 90's, went out there at a squat party one weekend and never quite came back.

Anyway...1994, you are American I assume, that clearly gives me an excuse to post this...

Sadly I can't find the rest of this record on youtube and my collection is in storage, so I can't post Sunrise Over Chernobile, but all the tracks on this one have an eerie haunting melody that sticks with me.

Might be more your thing:

I really have to be in the mood for the hardcore stuff, but yes, that is a nice selection you've offered. Good late night driving/speeding tunes. (And yes, I'm American.)

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I've been in a weird mood lately, so I've drifted towards Lovecraftian music choices. Some silly, some serious.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This is part 3 of a 28-minute track called “The Box” from one of my favorite bands in the ‘90s, Orbital. Hard to find nowadays, but fortunately, I still have the original CDs! It’s a little over 7 minutes, over half it being brooding and anxiety-inducing, but it kicks in around the 4:10 mark with pure brilliance.

Last edited: