Some good music.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Just spent an evening getting wasted with one of my old raving buds. Now suddenly reminded of this album.

Future Sound of London: ISDN

Jeez, I remember when ISDN was something futuristic...

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Just spent an evening getting wasted with one of my old raving buds. Now suddenly reminded of this album.

Future Sound of London: ISDN

Jeez, I remember when ISDN was something futuristic...
Fucking great album. I was never a pot head, but I always imagined it'd be a great one to get stoned to a 3am. "Egypt" is the signature track for me, but the whole album is great, third favorite album of theirs behind Lifeforms and Dead Cities. Then FSOL... changed. 2002's The Isness really didn't click with me, and I stopped actively following them, but maybe it's time to check out what they've done since. I'm not going to lie, a lot of artists I loved in the '90s are still active, but they peaked 20 years ago. I heard Orbital was back after breaking up after The Blue Album in 2004, and as excited as I wanted to be, there's more reticence than anticipation.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Fucking great album. I was never a pot head, but I always imagined it'd be a great one to get stoned to a 3am. "Egypt" is the signature track for me, but the whole album is great, third favorite album of theirs behind Lifeforms and Dead Cities. Then FSOL... changed. 2002's The Isness really didn't click with me, and I stopped actively following them, but maybe it's time to check out what they've done since. I'm not going to lie, a lot of artists I loved in the '90s are still active, but they peaked 20 years ago. I heard Orbital was back after breaking up after The Blue Album in 2004, and as excited as I wanted to be, there's more reticence than anticipation.
Lifeforms was my first introduction to ambient IIRC...or maybe it was Deep Forest, or maybe Selected Ambient Works vol II. It's all a bit of a blur honestly. But anyway, point is, Lifeforms was absolutely a formative album for me. Dead Cities was the Last FSOL album I bought or heard of. My tastes just narrowed and they fell off the radar.

Yeah, most of the old rave systems and producers are still going, still putting out the odd tune, putting on the odd party. A lot of them still produce some good stuff, but I'm not the person I was 20 years ago, I'm old and tired, by 2am I'm very much ready to go home to bed and those trecks back are even less appealing.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I am pissed that this song came out a decade ago and I did not even know it existed.

Reactions: gorfias

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

EDIT: I never know what to write for these things, so...*raspberry noises*

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This remix of Frankie goes to Hollywood M's remix legitimately causes goosebumps at times, not sure why. It'll have to make do for the lack of a DnB version.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I was just going through my MP3s making a playlist and I suddenyl remembered The Ostrich Testicles. A girl I used to rave with's dad played bass for them for a while. My claim to fame.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
What kind of music is this? Most music is designed to convey a thought or feeling, it's meant to make your thoughts focus on something but there's also this kind of music that's designed to make your thoughts stop, where the point is that the music in and of itself is what is in your head so your brain can rest.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
What kind of music is this? Most music is designed to convey a thought or feeling, it's meant to make your thoughts focus on something but there's also this kind of music that's designed to make your thoughts stop, where the point is that the music in and of itself is what is in your head so your brain can rest.

While am not confident with identifying the countless subgenres of music much, those do sound very close to, or exactly like Trip Hop, a genre which I've collected many hours worth of over the years as it's a bit of an ddiction. It can be really helpful when struggling to know what to do or listen to under depression too.

An example of a mix that may provide context or even inspiration if lucky

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

I mean it's obviously subjective however this music makes you feel, but I'd argue a
While am not confident with identifying the countless subgenres of music much, those do sound very close to, or exactly like Trip Hop, a genre which I've collected many hours worth of over the years as it's a bit of an ddiction. It can be really helpful when struggling to know what to do or listen to under depression too.

An example of a mix that may provide context or even inspiration if lucky