Some good music.

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Because it tis the season, and because these are my inoculations against the music constantly played over store speaker systems (THAT is the path to madness).

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Seeing as it's Xmas eve, it's time for an early jungle/ breakbeat hardcore remix of choirboy Aled Jones singing Walking in the Air. Perhaps remix is a bit too strong a word but that's the title so I'll stick with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
@XsjadoBlayde, not sure if I've shared this artist with you already, but Near The Parenthesis is incredible (imho), and might be up your alley as well. His early stuff if piano-heavy electronic music meets, I dunno, ethereal and melancholic musical wandering. The tracks below are just a few of my favorites from him.

He also did a 6-track album called "The Near Paring Thesis" which is a "solo" piano reimagining of some of his songs, and "solo" is in quotes because you need 3-4 hands to play them, but they are absolutely beautiful. I contacted him via social media to see if he was planning on doing more songs this way, and he said he was entertaining the idea, but I've not heard anything since. Shame; he's chock full of gorgeous material that would sound beyond lovely coming from a 4-armed pianist.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
@XsjadoBlayde, not sure if I've shared this artist with you already, but Near The Parenthesis is incredible (imho), and might be up your alley as well. His early stuff if piano-heavy electronic music meets, I dunno, ethereal and melancholic musical wandering. The tracks below are just a few of my favorites from him.

He also did a 6-track album called "The Near Paring Thesis" which is a "solo" piano reimagining of some of his songs, and "solo" is in quotes because you need 3-4 hands to play them, but they are absolutely beautiful. I contacted him via social media to see if he was planning on doing more songs this way, and he said he was entertaining the idea, but I've not heard anything since. Shame; he's chock full of gorgeous material that would sound beyond lovely coming from a 4-armed pianist.
Ooh cools cheers! Loved what I heard! Such entrancing melancholy from the under-void 👌 What were the titles of the first two tracks may I ask? They disappeared when I tried to click on them and now only comes up with the "video unavailable" screen no matter which way I try loading the page so can't even see their deets to search them myself. 😔 Even got photographic evidence of these heinous injustices just in case...

Screenshot_20221229-191509.png

Bonus gif for good measure?

17857234.gif

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ooh cools cheers! Loved what I heard! Such entrancing melancholy from the under-void 👌 What were the titles of the first two tracks may I ask? They disappeared when I tried to click on them and now only comes up with the "video unavailable" screen no matter which way I try loading the page so can't even see their deets to search them myself. 😔 Even got photographic evidence of these heinous injustices just in case...

View attachment 7641

Bonus gif for good measure?

View attachment 7642
Strange, I don't know why they'd go unavailable like that; Near The Parenthesis isn't exactly a BIG name in the music industry that might adhere to strict copyrights and whatnot. In the order I posted them, they are "Voice and Radio Bureau," "Designing This Building" and "Good night." "Voice and Radio Bureau" is one of my all time favorite songs, and the version of it found on "The Near Paring Thesis" album (it's called "Voice And Audio Bureau") is probably my favorite song of all time. I commissioned to have the sheet music transcribed; $60 later I found out it's for 3 hands, and I'll never be able to play it.

But I'm glad you were able to enjoy what you could. He's got a lot of great music and doesn't get near the recognition he deserves. When I discovered him over a decade ago, I was enthralled; he was basically all I listened to for months.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Strange, I don't know why they'd go unavailable like that; Near The Parenthesis isn't exactly a BIG name in the music industry that might adhere to strict copyrights and whatnot. In the order I posted them, they are "Voice and Radio Bureau," "Designing This Building" and "Good night." "Voice and Radio Bureau" is one of my all time favorite songs, and the version of it found on "The Near Paring Thesis" album (it's called "Voice And Audio Bureau") is probably my favorite song of all time. I commissioned to have the sheet music transcribed; $60 later I found out it's for 3 hands, and I'll never be able to play it.

But I'm glad you were able to enjoy what you could. He's got a lot of great music and doesn't get near the recognition he deserves. When I discovered him over a decade ago, I was enthralled; he was basically all I listened to for months.
Aha Thanks, managed to find them now! Very soft soothing sounds indeed! No idea what happened with the post links though. Those view counts are surprisingly low on YouTubes, like super rare low, how'd you even come across them? Is it anyone you know? Could even, is it you??? 😉
Managed to stumble across artists before while looking for something completely unrelated, like Hania Rani;

And this obscure group who did like 6 songs before disappearing off the face of the earth;

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Aha Thanks, managed to find them now! Very soft soothing sounds indeed! No idea what happened with the post links though. Those view counts are surprisingly low on YouTubes, like super rare low, how'd you even come across them? Is it anyone you know? Could even, is it you??? 😉
Managed to stumble across artists before while looking for something completely unrelated, like Hania Rani;

And this obscure group who did like 6 songs before disappearing off the face of the earth;

Ha! I'm not him, but I wish I was' he's fucking brilliant! I discovered Near The Parenthesis whilst researching another other artist on the same label n5MD (I think it was SubtractiveLAD) several years ago. You should check the label out. A lot of really amazing artists going unsung on a niche label. I'm really glad you enjoyed what I shared; any recognition artists like him can get is appreciated.

And thank you for sharing Hania Rani and Cheshire & The Cat. I'm all about art created in the depths of recognition. I'll be looking for more!

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Been listening to No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom album a lot lately, and it continues to bang. I saw them in Brixton in 98 (I think) and my god they had energy. Also I fancied the pants off Gwen Stefani, but who didn't? Don't Speak (attached) is not necessarily the best song on the album, but it's still great.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Obituary are releasing a new album very shortly. It sounds almost exactly like every other album they've released. Class.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Bugger, was too slow to sneak this one into an edit of last post 😔 this band is too well known to have as interesting percussion choices as they use.

Some fcking jazz shit! Drums consistantly impressive, but really kick off around the 12 minute mark like crazy.

-

Last edited:
Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Well shit, Obituary's label have the whole album of Youtube... I feel like it's 1990 again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"Hands Up" by Wild Child, was used by adult_swim to promote the latter half of FMA 2003. Anyone remember this song? I do, big time!

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

I told you and I tell you again
Don't descend to the seashore
Don't descend to the seashore
The seashore makes storms and takes you and you vanish

And if it takes me, where does it take me
Down to the deep waters
And if takes me, where does it take me
Down to the deep waters
I turn my body into a boat and my hands into oars
My scarf into a sail, I go back and forth on dry land

Don't write me letters
Don't write me letters
Because I don't know how to read
And it makes me cry

Last edited:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave

Found this rather randomly, quickly became a new earworm. Only real criticism is that the instrumentals cramp on the vocals somewhat, but it's great, otherwise.